Apprentice Program: Round 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 101 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on Oct 17.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Username: PatientPat

PO/PS! Username: PatientPat

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time. 7 to 10 Pm, sometimes 6 Pm to 10 Pm, Monday through Thursday. Weekends vary sometimes I will have the entire weekend free, but no matter what I will always be available 8 Pm up to 3 Am Friday and Saturday night. I finish different hours on different days at my job, I will do my best to communicate with my tutor.

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I work 45 to 50 hours a week, so I am very busy, but I am still able to find a few hours of free time in the afternoon. I have been playing Pokémon since 98 and I own every game in the series. I am very passionate and knowledgeable about Pokémon I am here because I want to step my game up and better myself by learning more. I signed up and was even lucky enough to be chosen during the battling 101 round 100 period. However I had an EXTREMELY inactive tutor and was not fortunate enough to even receive one session. Needless to say I was very disappointed, however he did give me a good Balanced team to practice with on my own at least. I hope I will be able to be chosen again and have a tutor that can actually work with me. There are many great battlers in this community, I am as knowledgeable as most of them, but not as skilled or as experienced, with time and help from others perhaps one day I could be a tutor instead of the tutee and could help the Smogon community be an even better place.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I prefer Skype.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Crystal clear.

Username: PikachuCandyツ
PO/PS! Username: PikachuCandy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, all week
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm lucky and bad :[
I like flying.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Username: Happen
PO/PS! Username: Happen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Sun-Sat 1pm-3am, except for Wednesdays at 3pm-6:30pm, and Thursdays and Saturdays from 5-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU / ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 20 year old college student who’s a big fan of sports and video games, but definitely not sports video games. I started playing competitively in ORAS and wish to better myself as a battler.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I’m able to use both. I’d prefer Skype although using IRC isn’t an issue.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: AD Thunderboy
PO/PS! Username: Thunderboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Monday: 5 PM-8 PM, Tuesday: 2 PM-4 PM, Wednesday 2 PM-6 PM, then 8:30 PM-11 PM, Thursday 2 PM - 11 PM, Friday 8 PM-12 PM, Saturday 12 AM-4 PM, Sunday 12 AM-11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been trying to make a team utilising every Mega in the game in order of National Dex Number, but got stuck at Mega Blastoise (I know, kind of sad) due to lack of knowledge of the ORAS UU tier, which is the tier in which Mega Blastoise is located. Together with a tutor in a different round, I built a team around this Mega which I would like to tweak, as well as make a UU team around Mega Beedrill. Being taught some general things about the UU tier would be nice as well.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype

Attachments

Username: Sotin

PO/PS! Username: Sotin

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-03:00 ; I'm available tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday all afternoon long.

What tier do you want to learn?: XY VGC or XY UU.

Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 16 years old guy that isn't experienced with turn based games, so I'm applying to this program to become a better player and maybe become a tutor.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, I'm used to Skype, but I can learn how to use IRC.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: C9 DRM2K
PO/PS! Username: C9 DRM2K
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT-5). I’m available ~7-9pm on weekdays and usually anytime on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old guy, and I enjoy watching anime or browsing Netflix. I'm also a pretty casual gamer; I mostly play Pokémon, though, and I'm really into it. In my free time I like talking to my friends or listening to music.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, but I prefer Skype over IRC.

Leftiez Has Agreed To Tutor Me This Round

Username: Mons Of Anarchy
PO/PS! Username: Mons Of Anarchy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-5 Monday-Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm really big into game design and study it frequently. I love music, mostly being a fan of metal, hard rock, punk rock and classic rock.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype.

Username: MiltankMilk
PO/PS! Username: MiltankMilk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pretty much always available, Timezone CST, GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, alternatively RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a college student at University of Illinois, I’ve only been playing competitively since early XY. What can I say, I like playing mons and want to improve my teambuilding and stop choking games away.

Username: DSM01
PO/PS! Username: DSM01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -7), available late afternoon and evening
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Over the past year or so I’ve been getting into DPP and RBY and at this point I play exclusively old gens. I have only heard good things about ADV and after watching a lot of replays I really enjoy the balanced/bulky offense feel of the metagame. I’d love to add ADV to my repertoire and learn the nuances of the tier from an experienced player.

Last edited:
Username: TheKingKarp
PO/PS! Username: TheKingKarp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, weekends most of the day, during school sometime around 7 or 8
Tell us a little about yourself:been playing for a while i just want to learn more and get better at the metagame
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both but i prefer skype

Username: Obliviate
PO/PS! Username: Obliviatee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, most evenings (prefarably on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU or BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 17-year-old teenager who is into 'mons and football since his childhood.

Requesting Priority for getting skipped in Round 100.

Last edited:
Username: Kaelan DM
PO/PS! Username: KaelanDM
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time; available all afternoon/evening Mondays and Wednesdays, and all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: I'm very open. Ideally I'd like ORAS OU, but I'm happy to take another tier if there is an available tutor. Some other tiers I like: ORAS Ubers, LC, UU; BW OU, DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student at McGill University, 21 years old. I'm currently writing my undergraduate thesis on competitive Pokemon, so I'm here to get an inside view of the community. I've had some experience EV training and playing a bit on PS, but until now I've never had the opportunity to really dive in and learn from the ground up. My favourite Pokemon is Hydreigon but Quagsire is cool too.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Username: Zeronix
PO/PS! Username: Zeronix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone: +8 GMT, usually available 6-10pm on weekends but can be flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a student taking finals this year and looking for something fun to spend my free time on.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: letmeshine-
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2 and available a lot of time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: played NU in bw2 but im terribad in ORAS. Want to be better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yea
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya
HJAD agree to be my tutor for this round

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Alkov
PS! Username: Alkov
Your timezone and availability: GMT+8. Single and available. Single and ready to mingle
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU! DPP Smogtour champion Void agreed to tutor me!
Tell us a little about yourself: ?:]
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype: Yee
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yee

Username: YoungKingPat
PO/PS! Username: Cash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -4 Edt, All the time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 22 year old college student, I love playing lacrosse and hanging out with my girlfriend. I also really like video games, Ive been playing PS for over 3 years now and Ive had some pretty good ladder achievements. I want to move into tours and see how I can do with that

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Username: Goao
PO/PS! Username: GOAO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3 / 2pm~9pm, all time on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU / DOUBLES
Tell us a little about yourself: brazilian monkey, love animes and mangas and enjoy playing table tennis
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, prefer skype

Kamikaze17 agreed to tutor me

Username: Jariibo
PO/PS! Username: Jariibo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 on tuesday 7 PM- 10 PM Thursday 7PM- 10PM and weekends most of the time free
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 20 playing PS since 2014 i'm student third schoolyear and really want to learn more about RU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Jariibo

Last edited:

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: looiiyut
PO/PS! Username: looiiyut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 and im free most times
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU/DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an italian guy and I joined PS and smogon one years ago more or less. I often peaked top 200 on the ladder but I sucked as teambuilder. I love football and team sports in general.
(I don't want Tricking as tutor because he is a friend of mine and a friend isn't good as tutor imo, thanks)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype

I would like to request the priority. I was skipped in Round 100

Last edited:

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Username: Unlucky Desperado
PO/PS! Username: Unlucky Desperado
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 weekdays after 7pm and all day Saturday and Sunday's.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: when bae into a black guy ;-;
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Cute user: Shoka has agreed to tutor me :3

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
Username: Rumor
PO/PS! Username: Rumor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -7), im pretty active
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU, ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: i like pokemon lol
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Always!

PO/PS! Username: Always!

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Always! EST, strictly anytime after 4-5 PM

What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a Canadian who wishes to expand their knowledge of OU across most gens; I’m into playing soccer and hockey, and am generally a pretty laid-back guy. Nothing special about me I guess.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both.

Last edited:

sergey

Banned deucer.
Username: Omastar

PO/PS! Username: Lanculus/Omastar

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, 7 pm to 12 pm

Tell us a little about yourself: i like black people, 95% of the stuff i say is funny, love mexico and the move thunder wave

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
Username: NotFalse

PO/PS! Username: NotFalse

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8. But timezone is irrelevant because I’m usually awake during the night and vice versa :/

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a yung fetus when it comes to tournament-based stuff like Smog Tour and OLT and WCoP, and i want to git gud.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, although if someone wants to teach me how to use IRC I’d be fine to use that too.

Username: Amorbis
PO/PS! Username:Amorbis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2. Available from 7 PM to 10 PM on weekdays and the whole Sunday and Saturday afternoon
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a somophore in high school. During my free time, I like to hang out with my friends, listen to musics, watch series and video games, mostly Pokemon. I've been on Showdown for 4 months but I really feel I could improve hence why I signed up and hopefully tutor program will help me
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)