Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Well i guess this is a good mon to put offensive pressure and ig we would need defogger to keep shield up but its p/good to use in current meta ig while goth takes care of supportceus it can also provide a support to it and also go on and damage pdon,mray and others while ttar covering its weakness to yveltal.

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
reminder we're three mons in and they're all at least NSI'd by marshadow which also easily revenges this if they play wisely by keeping it in the back to start with

Last edited:
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn / Taunt / Defog

beats Marsh, checks Necrozma and Pdon, revenge kills, grabs occasional momentum. Taunt is a last ditch option to avoid being steamrolled by baton pass if needed, but the choice locking is obviously not optimal. Mild nature is avoided so ekiller and pdon can't ohko without rocks. Leaves us weak to Xern though

EDIT: adding Defog as a / on the last move since hazard control might be harder to come by on offense

Last edited:

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
reminder we're three mons in and they're all at least NSI'd by marshadow which also easily revenges this if they play wisely by keeping it in the back to start with
we also have 2 more mons left after this, we can bring in something that deals with marshadow in later stages.

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Nominating -
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
This pokemon can highly pressure balance/stall teams and isnt a complete deadweight vs Hyper offense either. Gothitelle can remove pretty much all its checks/counters other than primal groudon, which kyogre can deal with after some other mons chip off some damage. It sets up on almost every supportceus. Set and evs are of the standard crogre set. Max hp max defense allows it to not get revenged by every physical attacker. CM is to boost spatk and spdef, Origin pulse is for STAB and Ice beam is for coverage. Really cool and underrated mon imo.

Big Poppa

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 220 Atk / 56 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect
- Substitute

alright so this set looks gross I know but it functions extremely well with toxic spikes as with one spike up at + 1 it can stall out support arcs (including fairy and ground). Its also zygarde so its naturally a bit bulky which is always nice as it acts as a soft check to things such as p-don.

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Big Poppa

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 220 Atk / 56 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect
- Substitute

alright so this set looks gross I know but it functions extremely well with toxic spikes as with one spike up at + 1 it can stall out support arcs (including fairy and ground). Its also zygarde so its naturally a bit bulky which is always nice as it acts as a soft check to things such as p-don.
yo dude if we made cloyster have tspikes, this could fit really nicely, since closyer with t spikes is / with other stuff.

what's the policy on voting for your own thing? is it allowed, and if so, is it frowned upon?

yo dude if we made cloyster have tspikes, this could fit really nicely, since closyer with t spikes is / with other stuff.
in the first post it said "After sets have been posted, we'll vote for which set would be optimal." implying we might be able to add tspikes then, maybe?

we also have 2 more mons left after this, we can bring in something that deals with marshadow in later stages.
Marshadow is a Ghost type, meaning it can't be trapped, and it isn't reliant on Geomancy or anything like that either. Whatever we pack in the last two slots, it'll just be able to switch out, won't it? I guess offensive pressure is a thing but it could still make it difficult.

In regards to the post above *not quoting because its too much*. If you're saying fairy's aren't a viable to check marsh on offense because it can switch out, then I don't know how you expect yveltal to check, because it can only switch in once to it if rocks are up. Also no decent player will stay in on a yveltal prior to scouting so you are essentially dealing with the same thing, except yveltal can't come in on it. So I'm not seeing the point that you are trying to make.

Last edited:
If you're saying fairy's aren't a viable to check marsh on offense because it can switch out, then I don't know how you expect yveltal to check, because it can only switch in once to it if rocks are up. Also no decent player will stay in on a yveltal prior to scouting so you are essentially dealing with the same thing, except yveltal can't come in on it. So I'm not seeing the point that you are trying to make.
this is a good point, but my idea was to just avoid stacking any more pokemon beaten by marsh, not just solving with one check. Idk though, if you think Lunala or whatever is useful enough to justify the weakness stack, I guess vote for it.

EDIT: I also recommended Yveltal because it does well against offensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane sets, which ttar and goth struggle with too.

Last edited:

cromagnet

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
this is a good point, but my idea was to just avoid stacking any more pokemon beaten by marsh, not just solving with one check. Idk though, if you think Lunala or whatever is useful enough to justify the weakness stack, I guess vote for it.

EDIT: I also recommended Yveltal because it does well against offensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane sets, which ttar and goth struggle with too.
scarf yveltal is not a switch in to marsh at all, close combat easily does 75, and add rocks to the equation and youre sacrificing mons to marsh left and right.

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Ttar is a very very weird choice, but ig we have to make it work. Goth is a nice addition to it, since its able to trap most support arcs that would otherwise wall ttar easily. Low kick would stop dark ceus, the only one that can kill goth. when building with goth, we should first ALWAYS give it a defensive core at the start, especially since we already have offensive ttar to build around. Offensive mons can come after. Since the team is around ttar, we should list the mons that can wall it and escape from goth as well. zygarde, pdon, skarm(goth doesnt eliminate unless psyshock set), and defensive pogre are the first mons that comes to my mind. Even Physical Zmovepoison/water support arcs can prob wall it and escape from goth. with this spot, we should cover as much as possible, and tbh, defensive pogre would fit perfectly in there since it shits on zygarde, skarm, both physical support arcs and support pogre(dusk mane too). If u pair it up with a flying type as the 4th mon, u can easily deal with pdon too(since def pogre + flying type shits on it). sadly we already have 6 mons submited so ogre has to wait for next round. out of those 6 mons, only 3 appeal to me. Ferro, cele and ground ceus. ferro can stop ogre and wall those support ceus, tho we already have goth for that so im not in favour of it. Cele with the flame charge set would be extremely useful and has a nice synergy with ttar, tho it just adds to the zyagrde/pdon/pogre weakness...although if next round we were to pair it up with def pogre like i mentioned earlier, it could be a very neat core. Ground ceus is just a very solid mon in general and could greatly benefit the team. Closyter seems ass. we shouldnt risk choosing that mon for the sake of an experiment. imo the priority should be to build a solid team, not to test stuff around. You can use cloy for urself first, see how it goes and than u can go ahead and vote for it if u think its worthy, otherwise just leave it be imo. but idk. dusk mane is aight, tho outclassed by the first 3 i mentioned. fairy ceus is neat too, but its outclassed as well atm.

Cele + pogre core would be very very nice(still kinda weak to pdon tho) for the team, but idk if it will happen. Ground ceus would be the obv choice in this case than.
btw ground ceus and pogre both do similar stuff, but pogre can switch into support toxic/ special pdon and rest from status while still be quite offensive and not being trapped to goth

WAITTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
cloyster was already chosen and i didnt seee......imma still post the first part regardless. Idk how cloyster contributs anything, but ugh.. Ground ceus is still a great addition since it cna piss on pdon and is a nice wall in general....
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

scarf yveltal is not a switch in to marsh at all, close combat easily does 75, and add rocks to the equation and youre sacrificing mons to marsh left and right.
that wasn't my point at all. Yveltal was chosen to be a revenge killer, not as a GSI to Marshadow. The point I posted about Marshadow was an argument against Lunala.

So we're going offensive eh? We got Cloyster, Goth, and Mega T-Tar, when I see this team I can only think that the team gets throttled by things like Marshadow, Xerneas, Groudon, and potentially Mega Ray. I will attempt to remedy these weaknesses as much as possible. A few ideas come to mind but none really remedy the weaknesses of such an, shall i say, unconventional team. However, I believe that the addition of CM Arceus-Fairy can deal with the above mentioned weaknesses as well as allowing the team to tank hits without just dying.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

This deals with Marsh, Yveltal, Mega Ray, kinda PDon, and countless others. It even beats xerneas if it can setup beforehand, hitting it with a spicy fairy aura boosted judgment. With bulky support arceuses being taken out by gothitelle which threaten fairyceus with toxic, it seems to be a good fit for the team. I opted for earth power over fire blast because celes and ferro should be taken out by ferro, and it gives good coverage vs poison and primal don. Overall though, I think CM Arceus-Fairy is a good fit for the team, as it fits on both defensively and as a sweeper able to take out mons the team struggles with.
wouldnt it be better to use 252 HP 4 SpA 252 Speed because without HP investment it can be easily worn down / doesnt tank the hits we want it too?

cromagnet

wouldnt it be better to use 252 HP 4 SpA 252 Speed because without HP investment it can be easily worn down / doesnt tank the hits we want it too?
Yeah that could work nicely, it just seems like the community wants more offense now, but yeah max hp could work too.

pichus

OMPL Champion
Taking over this thread
Round 4 Voting!
You can only vote for maximum two pokemons. You cannot vote for your own submission.
You can vote for the following pokemons:-
cromagnet's Calm Mind Arceus-Fairy
Pigeons' Z-Geomancy Xerneas
Dark swordman's Choice Scarf Lunala
Ironed Sandwich's Choice Scarf Yveltal
21pichus' Defensive Calm Mind Primal Kyogre
Zesty43's Lefties Dragon Dance Zygarde-Complete
Isotonex's Support Arceus-Ground
-
Remember, voting ends in 48 hours!
s/o pigeons and megazard for helping me with sprites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)