Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

Deleted boring argument. Play what games you want, but this isn't the Guild Wars thread and there is never going to be a cry rivers of tears because you don't want to pay to play thread. Stick to WoW in this thread.

So reading through this here fine thread, it's pretty obvious a great number of posts are from quite awhile ago.
Anyone around who still actually plays WoW?

I touched WoW for a month and quit playing, it wasn't as addicting as people say it was for me, it was more along the lines of frustrating like everything is for me, lawl. Anyway a few months after I quit I did get back into playing the game for like 2 days where I noticed someone did manage to hack into my account and leveled up my level 55 DK into a level 80 with great items, oh the irony. I just can't play the game though, takes too much money.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So reading through this here fine thread, it's pretty obvious a great number of posts are from quite awhile ago.
Anyone around who still actually plays WoW?

id say more playing around a bit with the cataclysm beta, and that looks like it might spark some interest, redoing all of the old qworld questhubs did it good, some of the areas I disliked levelling in are great now, like silverpine forest, redridge :P

Been playing more steadily again recently. I'm reforming a guild with some old friends I have (Noobster and meddle included!) and we're doing the whole 10 man thing come cata.

Trying to decide on a main to fit what we need... all I know is I'll be ranged.

I'm diggin' the new default Raid Frames.
I used to be an addon whore, then I dumped all my mods and kept just Gladius, Quartz Cast Bar (which I only use for my Focus Cast Bar) and OmniCC.
Mods are too much maintenance, but the Blizzard Raid Frames were terrible.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah, I was always a minimalist. I managed surprisingly well with all the old default crap, I guess that's just how I roll and I got used to it. Cartographer was my baby, though.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
today my dk ran voa 25. i rolled a 91 on the t10 pants. it was ninja'd by the loot master ;_;

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I won the roll on the big bag dropped by Sarth and raid leader ninjaed that shit. ~_~ Of course, everyone else before and after me had been rightfully given their bag but oh, hey, leader decided this was the perfect time to ninja it for himself after getting tired of not winning it too I guess.

Oh well, guess I don't care now...

Might as well throw my name out, with this bumped and shit.

Kaikuri reporting for duty!

Mainly (only) tanking, dinged 80 last monday. Steadily getting that stuff together, and luckily I got into this new raiding guild that is trying to do different instas (ICC, VoA, etc). Felt a bit sad though when I saw the notes (tank, healer or DPS and GS): I had the worst gear of the crew ._. Got myself some better stuff after that, but still.

Just gonna start getting gold together so I can buy that epic flying skill (damn those prices...)

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
hi qts.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sen'jin&cn=Rhysie

started playing again almost a month ago on a fresh account. sold my old one for $$$. i moseyed a bit around old world for nerd points, but back to current content. having some of the most fun i've had in a while trying to experience the world differently. lots of fun, as glalie said we're playing together along with some players we've recently reunited with after a while including smogonites meddle and lesm (whenever he decides to stop having other stuff come up >:@).

fun stuff!

So where do you guys play? Since a few friends quit the game I could just move over one of my characters there for cata, maybe. I'd hate to start out with no cash or bags and I'm now spoiled by heirlooms.

I have two, the Paladin I used to raid on, until I quit back in April or so due to time constraints and burnout:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=Fmokou

And the priest I PvP on (although I mostly do BGs and just did a few arena games for points with a friend):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=Reimuh

Rerolling Goblin when Cata hits, got all my BoAs on standby for a Goblin Priest.
I may leave my Undead Priest at 80 and turn off XP as a sentimental thing, always thought it would have been kind of cool if i did that with 70 when Wrath hit.
Goblin just so cool, Rocket Jump > Fade off snares > lolpriests can kite now

It's been months since I called it quits and the itch has come back and the cream of real life hasn't worked. It's been unbearable and I want to play again but unfortunately this campus I'm on at the moment blocks pretty much everything including WoW. It's really miserable, especially since NOW, NOW my real life friends decides they want to try out WoW and they're having a blast.

I mean really fellas, really? I've been trying to convince you guys to play since the Burning Crusade and you guys wanna start now that I can't play? I swear these fellas do this on purpose.

Somehow that reminded me about Murphys Law...

But, how's the 4.0.1 been treating everybody else? Personally I've just leveled some alts a bit, planning to half-reroll to another server with a friend however (extremely imbalanced, so bunch of World PvP and ganking on us, methinks). Gonna return to my warrior when cata hits, though.

Oh, also: if you wanna read an inspirational story, check this thread out. Some guy rerolls onto an imbalanced server, on the losing side, and then keeps log of his leveling. Extremely interesting read, especially with all the PvP combat going on.

But, how's the 4.0.1 been treating everybody else? Personally I've just leveled some alts a bit, planning to half-reroll to another server with a friend however (extremely imbalanced, so bunch of World PvP and ganking on us, methinks). Gonna return to my warrior when cata hits, though.
Meh, just been hoarding gold for my future alts. I'd be happy to transfer them with gold and heirlooms if everyone could pick a server and stick with it.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just joined back up with Smogon vets Glalie, Noobster, and Lesm for 10man raiding in Cata! I guess Glalie already posted about that, though. We are looking for a melee DPS (I think!).

Meddle had a good run in Wrath, though. Here's my noob reroll.

Really looking forward to Cataclysm. I was skeptical of the changes they made to the talent trees at first but I think they've been improved for the most part (loving the changes they made to Unholy DKs, in particular). I'm especially looking forward the new content of course and having three raids to start out with instead of just one!

Can't wait to replace my purples with greens/blues (no, seriously!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)