Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

Damn! who's seen the trailer? everything looks amazing.. goblins look devishly awesome, worgens are cool and the terrain changes sound pretty interesting! archeology will probably be fun too

This almost makes me want to get back into WoW. Almost.

I've moved on to Aion and I've already payed for it so I had better at least try it out. It looks interesting but it definitely doesn't have the lore WoW does. Maybe if I get rich and have a lot of time off I can play both.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
I'm preeeeeeeeeetty stoked, the stat changes are going to feel really weird but i'm excited about a totally new Azeroth. I was watching streams of the Blizzcon stream online (yay for being a pirate) and it was sounding pretty awesome

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
well i already cancelled my subscription but it looks like ill be starting it back up when this comes out.

the stat changes are going to feel really weird
whats this?

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
no SP/AP on gear, no Armor Pen, no MP5

int gives SP, spirit is the unified MP5 stat, haste increases regen for melee classes (aka energy, runes, rage, etc)

Wow. That looks interesting.

<lore>

One thing I'm kind of pissed about is Thrall becoming the new guardian. It might have been just a rumor but it was reported in the leak, which is coming true so far. It just doesn't make sense. Thrall is a shaman, guardians are mages, and Malfurion helps create this one? He's a druid. I understand they wanted Thrall out of the way so Garrosh can lead (which is going to be hilarious btw, I'm seriously considering renewing my subscription and breaking out the popcorn) but Thrall can't be stupid enough to think that was a good idea. They could have just as easily made Jaina the guardian and had Thrall assasinated, which would make tons more sense.

</lore>

And where the hell are my Draenei Druids? I want one so bad. They were the only race to not get another class. I guess because they're not sneaky or mean enough for Rogues, they'd never go Warlock, and Blizz wanted Worgen Druids, the number of races which get Druid has to be balanced to Horde side. Less work for them on new forms, maybe.

EDIT: holy motherfucking shit heroic deadmines

Worgen look awesome, also Gilneas (i think you can explore it now?) i want to return to WoW, i haven't played the other expansions though ...(yeah, been out of WoW for a long time) o_O

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thing with Thrall and the Guardian of Tirisfall is because of the comics.
Theres no doubt that there will be a new council of Tirisfall, and I can only assume that Med'an (comic characters, medivh's son with Garona) is going to be asked to fulfill that role, but he'll probably be stopped by Aegwyn anyway ;)

anyways, stoked about the worgen, their whole area looks like it came straight out of van Hellsing, and thats never a bad thing imo :P

Yeah Med'an makes sense. He is rumored to be Medivh's son after all. I don't see him being stopped by Aegwynn but I don't remember much about her.

I'm really looking forward to Goblin punting. Really wish I had a new Draenei class though. Warlock would be pretty cool even if it would shit all over lore (then again it's not like that's anything new to Draenei).

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i figure goblins will have a sweet gold making racial though. like maybe when you sell shit on the AH the AH doesnt get their cut.

I hear they get automatic rep discounts. You'd still have to unlock the item with rep, but once you do, you buy it at Exalted price.

I'm rolling Worgen Druid and never using human form ever.

Not really sure if Cataclysm can be called an expansion...i mean:

New races: That isn't really new, you still get to play the same classes which is what really impacts how you play the game

New classes combos: Same as above is just the same classes and no new draenei classes? no tauren rogues? hmmm....

Azeroth revamp: that sounds like some laziness, I know nothing of graphic design and stuff, but it still sounds like they just wanted to save time and money by adding a hell alot of lava all around

Malfurion is back, wow awsome, how is the nightmare on the emerald dream going on? probably great because malfurion is here.

Recyclingn old stuff: yea same as pretty much above, thats not new content they are the same bosses and places:
-Rag? wow i sure hope he got a new model not just the same body with legs or something
-VC and SFK on heroic modes: sounds good that they are making heroic versions of old instances, but still doesn't sounds like expansion worthy upgrade

there are probably more stuff that i missed but thats what I remember right now...hopefully they new places will be big and awsome enough that it out shadows this...then again thats just me...

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so it's been pretty much said that shadowmourne is coming out in icecrown citadel (as an alternative to frostmourne, since you technically wouldn't be able to wield it, what with its demonic powers etc) and it's pretty much been said that i'm getting it in my guild

so i've been sporting this boner for like 2 days now should i see someone

Not really sure if Cataclysm can be called an expansion...
old tYou serious there bro? You don't call an entire world remodel, massive lore progression, new races, new class combos and new zones worthy of an expansion? What do you call an expansion in that case? Keep in mind that while alot of things is being made new, they are genuinely gonna add new things. This is just as good or even more of an expansion than there last ones if they deliver on all they said.

But anyway, I only play casually these days but even so after reading all this news I geeked out. I'm damn sure looking forward to it now, after hearing that the world is gonna be remodeled, I'm starting to think anything is possible in this game.

I'll check it out for you SD !!

I reactivated a few days ago and honestly I'm pretty excited about Cataclysm. I'm completely on the other side of the fence that it is less of an expansion because they're more remodeling and redoing than creating completely new areas. I don't know about you guys, but the main reason I don't like leveling new characters of classes I tend to prefer is that _I fucking hate leveling through the new areas Blizz has created the last two expansions_. Outside of a handful of really amazing zones like Zangarmarsh and Sholoazar it is just a pain in the ass and none of the 6-7 zones they make an expansion really see any light after you finish leveling. There is a huge amount of people who make (probably untrue) claims that the game's best days were in vanilla, and while I think those are exaggerated there's a certain love that the original continents got that I'm not sure Outland and Northrend got in their rush to be exciting and ridiculous rather than just immersive. Going back to the old areas should be good for the lore, which has quite frankly just gotten ridiculous as time has gone on, and Blizz's focus here seems to be in investing time and energy into things people will actually be doing at max level rather than getting there, which sure makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

The new races only partially interest me(if I end up going back to Alliance, which we've bounced around, I might go Worgen), but I'm really, really interested in how good the new racials are. They've said they are redoing all the racials to make it up to the bar the newbies have set and with the race change feature I'll really be looking forward to getting to min-max a bit.

I think the key with what they're hopefully doing in Cataclysm is that "newer" and "more" doesn't always equate to "better", as long as they do what they do well I'm happy with them being minimalistic.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys :D

Had to post in here. I'm really looking forward to Cataclysm, Teifu pretty much summed up my thoughts about it. Icecrown should be great as well (Anyone else watch or go to Blizzcon this year?). The concept art looks amazing, I think they did a really good job on it, even the "remade" content. A lot of people are discouraged by patch 3.2 and ToC but I'm holding out for the new stuff. Heroic ToC.25 is providing some nice challenges but it's an entire raid done in the same damn room (well I guess Anub'arak doesn't count *spoilers*). Not to mention in order to maximize your character you have to run normal ToC.25, heroic ToC.25, normal ToC.10, and heroic ToC.10 every damn week.

Anyway, that was all.

P.S. Anyone with ilvl226-245ish gear should check out my guild. We're looking for a shadow priest, elemental shaman, and a moonkin. We just hit top 100 for 10man in the US a couple nights ago (the ranking has probably gone down since). In 25-man content we're on Lord Jaraxxus in heroic ToC.

today's pirate day? my subscrition ends today. :(

i have kind of a personal question to y'all. i am about to go to university, and will move to a new apartment. im not taking my old computer, im buying a laptop. however i still plan on playing wow. my questions being:

1) did you feel you had time to keep playing regularly while in uni, or did partying and studying occupy your whole time?

2) how terrible are laptops for gaming? i heard they are pretty bad but then again i doubt it can be worse than my current computer (all of my video settings are at "low", there are various effects i turned off and it still kinda breaks a bit on orgrimmar).

I don't live on campus which affects my answer to 1, but it's just time management. If college teaches you anything, it's how to manage time. Especially if you aren't working if you want to fit in class, wow, and a social life, you can, you just have to be responsible about it. I've found it a lot easier the last three years to fit WoW in than I did the first three in HS just because so much more of my time is "my time." I only spend 14-16 hours a week in class instead of like 30-40, I can get my homework done efficiently... it's not bad at all, really.

I would definitely get a desktop if you can but laptops work fine as long as you get a decent one - I would definitely pay a little more to get one that's got a little higher specs since the bars are lower. I really hate it playing mine just because I tend not to be doing it at a desk and it makes it hard to use a mouse but as far as actual performance it does fine - though I'd suggest upgrading your cooling if you can, my buddy had some pretty big issues with it and mine has never overheated but it drives my temperature up when I try to do anything of consequence in game, for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)