UU Amoonguss

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: IronBullet93 / dodmen / dingbat
GP: GatoDelFuego / The Dutch Plumberjack

Overview
########

Amoonguss is the only viable Spore user in the UnderUsed tier. This gives it a niche along with its access to Regenerator. It's a good wall, as it has a high HP stat coupled with decent defenses. Amoonguss is also one of the few good defensive pivots in the tier. Despite having a unique niche, Amoonguss faces competition from other Grass-types in its roles, especially from Roserade. Roserade has access to entry hazards, as well as better Speed and Special Attack. Amoonguss, on the other hand, has better overall bulk, access to Foul Play, and the aforementioned Regenerator and Spore. Lastly, Amoonguss's typing is a double-edged sword because it has resistances and weaknesses to common types in UU, such as Fighting and Fire, respectively.

Defensive Pivot
########
name: Defensive Pivot
move 1: Spore
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Foul Play / Giga Drain / Clear Smog
move 4: Giga Drain / Stun Spore
ability: Regenerator
item: Black Sludge
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Spore is the only sleep-inducing move that has perfect accuracy, allowing Amoonguss to effectively render a foe useless for a few turns. Sludge Bomb is a STAB attack that has a chance to poison and no drawbacks. Foul Play allows Amoonguss to punish physical attackers, especially those that attempt to set up on it, such as Swords Dance Infernape. Giga Drain, on the other hand, allows Amoonguss to recover health while attacking and is a very consistent STAB attack. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to remove all opposing stat changes, preventing Amoonguss from being setup bait to the likes of Calm Mind Suicune and Swords Dance Heracross. Stun Spore allows Amoonguss to cripple foes by inducing paralysis. Despite not being mentioned on the set itself, Synthesis and Hidden Power Fire are options, as they grant Amoonguss to have a form of reliable recovery without switching out and super effective coverage on Steel-types respectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature are used to maximize Amoonguss's physical bulk. Black Sludge is the chosen item, as it gives Amoonguss a form of passive recovery and deters Trick and Switcheroo users, such as Rotom-C and Whimsicott, respectively, from using those moves on Amoonguss. Regenerator restores a third of Amoonguss's health each time it switches out, allowing Amoonguss to recover health without using a recovery move.

Usage Tips
========

Amoonguss is best used on defensive team archetypes as a defensive pivot. Amoonguss should be sent in against the various physical and special attackers it deals with, such as Mega Swampert and Rotom-C, respectively, and cripple them by either using Spore, Stun Spore, or an attacking move. Should Amoonguss be weakened, be sure to switch out and recover health via Regenerator.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Vaporeon, make for good teammates, as they can take the Fire- and Ice-type attacks aimed at Amoonguss, while Amoonguss can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at them. Alomomola and Slowking get a special mention for being able to also form a Regenerator core with Amoonguss. Rapid Spin and Defog users, such as Forretress and Crobat, respectively, make for good teammates, as they can remove entry hazards that wear down Amoonguss. Clerics, such as Umbreon and Florges, also make for good partners as they can remove burns that cripple Amoonguss.

Other Options
########

Amoonguss lacks many other viable options, with the only one being Toxic, which can be used to cripple opposing walls.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they aren't OHKOed by Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock and can OHKO Amoonguss with a super effective STAB attack in return. However, they do have to be wary of being crippled by Spore and Stun Spore upon switching in.

**Specially Offensive Wallbreakers**: Specially offensive wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Choice Specs Dragalge, can OHKO Amoonguss after a bit of prior damage and don't take much damage from any attack Amoonguss has, but are crippled by Spore and Stun Spore.

**Overcoat Stallbreakers**: Stallbreakers with access to Overcoat, namely Mandibuzz and Escavalier, make for good Amoonguss counters, as they can't be put to sleep by Spore and can shut it down via Taunt and a hard hitting STAB attack, respectively.

**Wallbreakers with Super Effective STAB Moves**: Wallbreakers whose STAB attacks do super effective damage against Amoonguss, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Life Orb Honchkrow, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they can switch into most of Amoonguss's moves and retaliate.

**Bulky Setup Sweepers**: Unless Amoonguss is running Clear Smog, bulky setup sweepers, such as Calm Mind Reuniclus and Curse Snorlax, can easily counter it, as they can take any hit Amoonguss throws at them and use it as setup bait.

Last edited:

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to expand OO, C&C and TO but I'm unsure of what to put there tbh. Either way this should be QC ready.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not QC, just some comments.

In the overview I would definitely expand a bit, most importantly it's typing which is somewhat of a double edged sword in that it is very useful versus the common water types in the tier, but it's easily overwhelmed by various fire / flying / psychic etc mons like Entei, zam, mega pidgeot, and Kyurem.
  • Clear Smog removes opposing stat changes, allowing Amoonguss to prevent itself from being setup bait.
What setup sweepers would this help versus? First thing that comes to mind is suicune (I don't want to say crocune since that's not the only set) and other stuff like Sd Heracross, dd / sd gatr, Sd mega abomasnow, etc.

Remove AV from OO, I see pretty much 0 reason to use it when Spore is the best thing going for Amoon.

Will do a full check when I get home because there is a lot that needs to be fixed @_@

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Amoonguss isn't checking any Water type save for reg Swampert, so it's important to use the moves as strategically as possible. As a result, I would make the movelist in this order:

Super Mushroom
########
name: Super Mushroom
move 4: Stun Spore / Giga Drain

I ask that QC keep in mind that I've abused the hell out of this particular Amoonguss set, and I believe that Synthesis, and more importantly, Clear Smog, are niches of the set, and not the meat and potatoes. The unique typing/ability combo of amoonguss fulfills a defensive pivots role, and this is the moveset that'll best accomplish that goal.

I'll look the rest of it over and give you a check after you make the appropriate changes.

Kreme

Not QC, just some comments.

In the overview I would definitely expand a bit, most importantly it's typing which is somewhat of a double edged sword in that it is very useful versus the common water types in the tier, but it's easily overwhelmed by various fire / flying / psychic etc mons like Entei, zam, mega pidgeot, and Kyurem.

What setup sweepers would this help versus? First thing that comes to mind is suicune (I don't want to say crocune since that's not the only set) and other stuff like Sd Heracross, dd / sd gatr, Sd mega abomasnow, etc.
Yeah I expanded Overview a bit and said more on Clear Smog.

Remove AV from OO, I see pretty much 0 reason to use it when Spore is the best thing going for Amoon.

Will do a full check when I get home because there is a lot that needs to be fixed @_@
Yeah I removed AV from OO, RIP for me when you do get home though.

Amoonguss isn't checking any Water type save for reg Swampert, so it's important to use the moves as strategically as possible. As a result, I would make the movelist in this order:

Super Mushroom
########
name: Super Mushroom
move 4: Stun Spore / Giga Drain

I ask that QC keep in mind that I've abused the hell out of this particular Amoonguss set, and I believe that Synthesis, and more importantly, Clear Smog, are niches of the set, and not the meat and potatoes. The unique typing/ability combo of amoonguss fulfills a defensive pivots role, and this is the moveset that'll best accomplish that goal.

I'll look the rest of it over and give you a check after you make the appropriate changes.
OK so I changed the set order, and the order of which the Moves are placed as well. If there need be more changes do tell.

In checks and counters, mention steel types such as mega aggron, and specify hoe escavalier is a huge thorn for amoonguss, as it is immune to spore and stun spore thanks to overcoat and can 2HKO in return with megahorn.

Kreme

In checks and counters, mention steel types such as mega aggron, and specify hoe escavalier is a huge thorn for amoonguss, as it is immune to spore and stun spore thanks to overcoat and can 2HKO in return with megahorn.
Unless QC tells me otherwise, I'll give Escavalier a specific mention in C&C but I won't give Steel-types in general a mention since Mega Aggron can't 2HKO with Heavy Slam so I can see Amoonguss just constantly Regenerating health.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I guess HP Fire deserves a mention to hit Steels? Otherwise it can't touch Forry, Cobalion and Mega Aggron at all. QC 1/3

Idk I feel like Giga Drain should be the first slash in one of the slots at least cause it lets you keep up with Mega Swampert and especially Gatr. I wouldn't "it is'nt checking any Water types anyway" cause it can deal with these two pretty effectively (especially if SD Gatr) and also Mega Sharpedo and really helps against Mega Blastoise too. You're also awkwardly walled by stuff like Hippo and Krook without Giga Drain, I would prefer Giga/Stun Spore in the last slot for these reasons but that could be up for more discussion.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah agree with dodmen. Giga Drain should definitely be the primary slash in the final slot, otherwise it's walled by stuff it should really be beating.

I'm actually not even sure how good dual powder is. A mention for Stun Spore under Moves might suffice rather than an actual slash. King UU you've had a lot of experience using this mon what do you reckon?

Kreme

OK so I put in HP Fire and changed the slashes per dodmen's suggestion.

aight well i kinda johned this but I think in the overview you should mention how it faces competition from other grass-types, particularly Roserade, as rose has access to spikes / tspikes, is arguably better offensively, has higher speed, and better abilities in some situations (albeit not most), while amoon has better overall bulk, spore, regen, and foul play ;o obv you dont need to mention all this in your writeup but it should still be noted.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In C&C

"Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good teammates" uwotm8 o.O (thanks Hairy Toenail for noticing that hehe)

I'm not sure how to word this, but another suggestion for "Specially Offensive Wallbreakers" could be "Walbreakers with Super-Effective STABs" (like Kyurem, Mega Pidgey, Honchkrow). I feel that it better defines a larger list of threats that are not necessarily just special attackers. I agree Dragalge is still a check, though, so a separate mention for that might be needed here.

I would also add a "Bulky Set-up Sweeper" list like Snorlax, (SubCM) Cresselia, Reuniclus, and (Cro)Cune as they also don't give shits about what Amoonguss throws at them.

Mandibuzz can also be listed as a check along with Escav as an Overcoat stallbreaker as it's more than likely to stay in this meta, although offensively it's not doing anything without Brave Bird/Knock Off.
2/3

why do we not use these anymore o.o
hehe QC 3/3 once implemented

Reactions: HT

Kreme

In C&C

"Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good teammates" uwotm8 o.O (thanks Hairy Toenail for noticing that hehe)

I'm not sure how to word this, but another suggestion for "Specially Offensive Wallbreakers" could be "Walbreakers with Super-Effective STABs" (like Kyurem, Mega Pidgey, Honchkrow). I feel that it better defines a larger list of threats that are not necessarily just special attackers. I agree Dragalge is still a check, though, so a separate mention for that might be needed here.

I would also add a "Bulky Set-up Sweeper" list like Snorlax, (SubCM) Cresselia, Reuniclus, and (Cro)Cune as they also don't give shits about what Amoonguss throws at them.

Mandibuzz can also be listed as a check along with Escav as an Overcoat stallbreaker as it's more than likely to stay in this meta, although offensively it's not doing anything without Brave Bird/Knock Off.

hehe QC 3/3 once implemented
OK I have no idea how I brainfarted that Fire-types section in C&C lol, I added all of those but if anything looks wrong tell me. I decided to make the SE STAB wallbreakers a different section entirely though but if it should just straight up replace the Special Wallbreakers section then I'll just delete it and put a mention of Dragalge somewhere else.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kreme

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Amoonguss returns to ORAS as is the only viable Spore user in the UnderUsed tier. This gives it a niche along with its access to Regenerator. It's a good wall, (AC) as it has a high HP stat coupled with decent defenses. Amoonguss is also one of the few good defensive pivots in the tier. Despite having a unique niche, Amoonguss faces competition from other Grass-types in its roles, especially from Roserade. Roserade has access to entry hazards, as well as better Speed and Special Attack. Amoonguss, on the other hand, has access to better overall bulk, access to Foul Play, as well as the aforementioned Regenerator and Spore. Lastly, Amoonguss's typing is a double-edged sword. This is because it has resistances and weaknesses to common types in UU, such as Fighting and Fire respectively.

Super Mushroom (real name)
########
name: Super Mushroom (real name)

Moves
========

Spore is the only sleep-inducing move that has perfect accuracy, allowing Amoonguss to effectively render a foe useless for a few turns. Sludge Bomb is a STAB attack that has a chance to poison and no drawbacks. Foul Play allows Amoonguss to punish physical attackers, especially those that attempt to set up, such as Swords Dance Infernape. Giga Drain, on the other hand, allows Amoonguss to recover health while attacking and is a very consistent STAB attack. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to remove all opposing stat changes, preventing Amoonguss from being setup bait to the likes of Calm Mind Suicune and Swords Dance Heracross among others. Stun Spore allows Amoonguss to cripple foes by inducing paralysis. Despite not being mentioned on the set itself, Synthesis and Hidden Power Fire are options, as they allow Amoonguss to have a form of reliable recovery without switching out and have super effective coverage on Steel-types respectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature are used to maximize Amoonguss's physical bulk. Black Sludge is the chosen item as it gives Amoonguss a form of passive recovery and deters Trick and Switcheroo users, such as Rotom-C and Whimsicott respectively, (AC) from using those moves on Amoonguss. Regenerator restores a third of Amoonguss's health each time it switches out, allowing Amoonguss to recover health without using a recovery move.
space
Usage Tips
========

Amoonguss is best used on defensive team archetypes as a defensive pivot. Amoonguss should be sent in against the various physical and special attackers it deals with, such as X and Y, and cripple them by either using Spore, Stun Spore, or an attacking move. Should Amoonguss be weakened, be sure to switch out and recover health via Regenerator.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Vaporeon, make for good teammates as they can take the Fire- and Ice-type attacks aimed at Amoonguss, while Amoonguss can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at them. Alomomola and Slowking get a special mention for being able to also form a Regenerator core with Amoonguss. Rapid Spin and Defog users, such as Forretress and Crobat respectively, make for good teammates as they remove entry hazards that wear down Amoonguss. Clerics, such as Umbreon and Florges, also make for good partners as they remove burns that cripple Amoonguss.

Other Options
########

Amoonguss lacks many other viable options, with the only one being Toxic which can be used to cripple opposing walls.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they aren't OHKOed by Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock, (RC) and can OHKO Amoonguss with a super effective STAB attack in return. However, they do have to be wary of being crippled by Spore and Stun Spore upon switching in switch-in.

**Specially Offensive Wallbreakers**: Specially offensive wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Choice Specs Dragalge, can OHKO Amoonguss after a bit of prior damage and don't take much damage from any attack Amoonguss has, (AC) but are crippled by Spore and Stun Spore.

**Overcoat Stallbreakers**: Stallbreakers with access to Overcoat, namely Mandibuzz and Escavalier, make for good Amoonguss counters, as they can't be put to sleep by Spore and can shut it down via Taunt and a hard hitting STAB attack, respectively.

**Wallbreakers with Super Effective STAB Moves**: Wallbreakers whose STAB attacks do super effective damage against Amoonguss, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Life Orb Honchkrow, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they can switch into most of Amoonguss's moves and retaliate.

**Bulky Setup Sweepers**: Bulky setup sweepers, such as Calm Mind Reuniclus and Curse Snorlax, can easily counter Amoonguss, as they can take any hit Amoonguss throws at them and use Amoonguss as setup bait.

1/2

Great work kreme!

Last edited:

Kreme

Kreme

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Amoonguss returns to ORAS as is the only viable Spore user in the UnderUsed tier. This gives it a niche along with its access to Regenerator. It's a good wall, (AC) as it has a high HP stat coupled with decent defenses. Amoonguss is also one of the few good defensive pivots in the tier. Despite having a unique niche, Amoonguss faces competition from other Grass-types in its roles, especially from Roserade. Roserade has access to entry hazards, as well as better Speed and Special Attack. Amoonguss, on the other hand, has access to better overall bulk, access to Foul Play, as well as the aforementioned Regenerator and Spore. Lastly, Amoonguss's typing is a double-edged sword. This is because it has resistances and weaknesses to common types in UU, such as Fighting and Fire respectively.

Super Mushroom (real name)
########
name: Super Mushroom (real name)

Moves
========

Spore is the only sleep-inducing move that has perfect accuracy, allowing Amoonguss to effectively render a foe useless for a few turns. Sludge Bomb is a STAB attack that has a chance to poison and no drawbacks. Foul Play allows Amoonguss to punish physical attackers, especially those that attempt to set up, such as Swords Dance Infernape. Giga Drain, on the other hand, allows Amoonguss to recover health while attacking and is a very consistent STAB attack. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to remove all opposing stat changes, preventing Amoonguss from being setup bait to the likes of Calm Mind Suicune and Swords Dance Heracross among others. Stun Spore allows Amoonguss to cripple foes by inducing paralysis. Despite not being mentioned on the set itself, Synthesis and Hidden Power Fire are options, as they allow Amoonguss to have a form of reliable recovery without switching out and have super effective coverage on Steel-types respectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature are used to maximize Amoonguss's physical bulk. Black Sludge is the chosen item as it gives Amoonguss a form of passive recovery and deters Trick and Switcheroo users, such as Rotom-C and Whimsicott respectively, (AC) from using those moves on Amoonguss. Regenerator restores a third of Amoonguss's health each time it switches out, allowing Amoonguss to recover health without using a recovery move.
space
Usage Tips
========

Amoonguss is best used on defensive team archetypes as a defensive pivot. Amoonguss should be sent in against the various physical and special attackers it deals with, such as X and Y, and cripple them by either using Spore, Stun Spore, or an attacking move. Should Amoonguss be weakened, be sure to switch out and recover health via Regenerator.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Vaporeon, make for good teammates as they can take the Fire- and Ice-type attacks aimed at Amoonguss, while Amoonguss can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at them. Alomomola and Slowking get a special mention for being able to also form a Regenerator core with Amoonguss. Rapid Spin and Defog users, such as Forretress and Crobat respectively, make for good teammates as they remove entry hazards that wear down Amoonguss. Clerics, such as Umbreon and Florges, also make for good partners as they remove burns that cripple Amoonguss.

Other Options
########

Amoonguss lacks many other viable options, with the only one being Toxic which can be used to cripple opposing walls.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they aren't OHKOed by Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock, (RC) and can OHKO Amoonguss with a super effective STAB attack in return. However, they do have to be wary of being crippled by Spore and Stun Spore upon switching in switch-in.

**Specially Offensive Wallbreakers**: Specially offensive wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Choice Specs Dragalge, can OHKO Amoonguss after a bit of prior damage and don't take much damage from any attack Amoonguss has, (AC) but are crippled by Spore and Stun Spore.

**Bulky Setup Sweepers**: Bulky setup sweepers, such as Calm Mind Reuniclus and Curse Snorlax, can easily counter Amoonguss, as they can take any hit Amoonguss throws at them and use Amoonguss as setup bait.

1/2

Great work kreme!
Thanks, this is ready for check numero dos.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
Overview
########

Amoonguss is the only viable Spore user in the UnderUsed tier. This gives it a niche along with its access to Regenerator. It's a good wall, as it has a high HP stat coupled with decent defenses. Amoonguss is also one of the few good defensive pivots in the tier. Despite having a unique niche, Amoonguss faces competition from other Grass-types in its roles, especially from Roserade. Roserade has access to entry hazards, as well as better Speed and Special Attack. Amoonguss, on the other hand, has better overall bulk, access to Foul Play, as well as and (or keep this the way it's now and replace the comma before 'access to Foul Play' with 'and') the aforementioned Regenerator and Spore. Lastly, Amoonguss's typing is a double-edged sword. This is because it has resistances and weaknesses to common types in UU, such as Fighting and Fire, (AC) respectively.

Defensive Pivot
########
name: Defensive Pivot

Moves
========

Spore is the only sleep-inducing move that has perfect accuracy, allowing Amoonguss to effectively render a foe useless for a few turns. Sludge Bomb is a STAB attack that has a chance to poison and no drawbacks. Foul Play allows Amoonguss to punish physical attackers, especially those that attempt to set up on it, such as Swords Dance Infernape. Giga Drain, on the other hand, allows Amoonguss to recover health while attacking and is a very consistent STAB attack. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to remove all opposing stat changes, preventing Amoonguss from being setup bait to the likes of Calm Mind Suicune and Swords Dance Heracross. Stun Spore allows Amoonguss to cripple foes by inducing paralysis. Despite not being mentioned on the set itself, Synthesis and Hidden Power Fire are options, as they allow grant Amoonguss to have a form of reliable recovery without switching out and super effective coverage on Steel-types, (AC) respectively.

Set Details
========

The given EVs and nature are used to maximize Amoonguss's physical bulk. Black Sludge is the chosen item, (AC) as it gives Amoonguss a form of passive recovery and deters Trick and Switcheroo users, such as Rotom-C and Whimsicott, (AC) respectively, (although it's also fine to axe 'respectively' outright imo) from using those moves on Amoonguss. Regenerator restores a third of Amoonguss's health each time it switches out, allowing Amoonguss to recover health without using a recovery move.

Usage Tips
========

Amoonguss is best used on defensive team archetypes as a defensive pivot. Amoonguss should be sent in against the various physical and special attackers it deals with, such as Mega Swampert and Rotom-C, (AC) respectively, (same) and cripple them by either using Spore, Stun Spore, or an attacking move. Should Amoonguss be weakened, be sure to switch out and recover health via Regenerator.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Vaporeon, make for good teammates, (AC) as they can take the Fire- and Ice-type attacks aimed at Amoonguss, while Amoonguss can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at them. Alomomola and Slowking get a special mention for being able to also form a Regenerator core with Amoonguss. Rapid Spin and Defog users, such as Forretress and Crobat, (AC) respectively, (same) make for good teammates, (AC) as they can remove entry hazards that wear down Amoonguss. Clerics, such as Umbreon and Florges, also make for good partners, (AC) as they can remove burns that cripple Amoonguss.

Other Options
########

Amoonguss lacks many other viable options, with the only one being Toxic, (AC) which can be used to cripple opposing walls.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei and Darmanitan, make for good Amoonguss checks, as they aren't OHKOed by Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock and can OHKO Amoonguss with a super effective STAB attack in return. However, they do have to be wary of being crippled by Spore and Stun Spore upon switching in.

**Specially Offensive Wallbreakers**: Specially offensive wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Choice Specs Dragalge, can OHKO Amoonguss after a bit of prior damage and don't take much damage from any attack Amoonguss has, but they are crippled by Spore and Stun Spore.

**Bulky Setup Sweepers**: Unless Amoonguss is running Clear Smog, bulky setup sweepers, such as Calm Mind Reuniclus and Curse Snorlax, can easily counter Amoonguss it, as they can take any hit Amoonguss throws at them and use Amoonguss it as setup bait.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)