[AMA] blarajan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: blarajan
Areas of Expertise: Little Cup, Contributions & Corrections, Rarelyused, IRC, being cute

Background: I am the Little Cup tier leader. I'm 19 years old, attend the University of Maryland College Park, and double major in Psychology and Criminology. I want to be a defense attorney. I am also the best Indian on this site.

Hobbies: Listening to music, playing this stupid game, board games (diplomacy, risk, axis and allies, etc...I started a club at school with my roommate), video games, reading, television (I watch Glee am I more or less fabulous than Oglemi?), MOCK TRIAL, being with friends

Favorite Pokemon: Ampharos

Good Questions to Ask Me: If you have any questions at all about Little Cup or anything related to it, I got you. I play all of the Gen 5 tiers though, and can probably just answer any Smogon related question anyways. I'm good with C&C and run the Little Cup stuff with it, and am a C&C mod. I'm involved with most official tournaments and can answer questions. Really just ask whatever.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
On a scale of 1 to curry, how proudly brown are you? (Also thoughts on anti-indian user: macle)
Which has higher importance for you? World Peace or Berry Juice suspect testing?

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
who the fuck let you mod in the first place

when did you pop up anyways? you were gen 5 y/y

what is, in your opinion, the best new pokemon in little cup?
out of the gen 6 pokemon? swirlix, in my opinion. it is the most potent sweeper and is capable of tearing apart teams with ease. out of all of the pokemon? sneasel and gligar are the biggest cunts.

when is sneasel getting banned?
shhhh

How do you plan to lead gen 6 lc
Is there a pre-ban list or so(aside from sneasel and scyther lolol)
1) I plan to lead Gen 6 LC as well as I possibly can. I am trying to give the community as much power in tiering as possible by allowing them to choose the suspects via ladder requirement, selecting four individuals from the pool that voted to join the council for a particular vote, and by changing the council members when more qualified individuals arise. I am trying to keep Little Cup as fresh and exciting as possible, and as welcoming as possible by actively talking with other members and making sure Little Cup players feel welcome discussing and participating.

2) Yeah it's here, along with all of the other gen 6 rules. An introduction thread to Little Cup can be found here. Also, Sneasel wasn't included in the preban list. Only Scyther, Dragon Rage, and Sonicboom were (Moody is claused).
On a scale of 1 to curry, how proudly brown are you? (Also thoughts on anti-indian user: macle)
Which has higher importance for you? World Peace or Berry Juice suspect testing?
1) I am a curry man. macle is a fuck
2) curry

who the fuck let you mod in the first place

when did you pop up anyways? you were gen 5 y/y
you did fuck face, and i'm a baby. i started playing little cup after the carvanha, meditite, gligar, misdreavus, and murkrow bans :). eyyyyyyy i'm the tier leader.

Do you remember when you were that noob with the Stunkfish avatar because I sure do.
do you remember when you didn't suck because i don't

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so blara when are you gonna stop telling yourself you are the best indian here?

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What is the main draw to LC as a tier?

Would you recommend it for someone to learn it as their first tier? If so, why so? If not, why not?

Do you think the knock off buff has changed LC for the better or worse?

Why does your avatar feature purple monsters killing an Aron?

LC fite y/y

Looking back on BW LC, what is one thing you think was done well? What is one thing you wish had been done differently?

How do i get AOps in #littlecup man?

Have you ever built a team in under three hours?

Thoughts on Skrelp in LC?

When are you planning to start the suspect rounds of LC?

What's the manliest Pokemon in LC?

What difficulties do you see newer players have getting into LC

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Who are some of the most recent players to join LC (last couple of months or so) that have shown a lot of potential to contribute towards the tier and community?

How would you like the staple LC playerbase to help you make LC a good and successful community in XY?

forgot to ask this the first time but
lc c&c from what i saw in gen5 was p slow, with analyses taking loads of time. do you have any plans on how to carry on c&c? also are we gonna do previews(preferably not since they will be redundant a few weeks later)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What brought you to LC?

How did you eliminate those above you in rank and rise to power without getting noticed??

Am I your best tutee y / y???

so blara when are you gonna stop telling yourself you are the best indian here?
when there's a better one

when is sneasel getting banned?
:)

What is the main draw to LC as a tier?

Would you recommend it for someone to learn it as their first tier? If so, why so? If not, why not?
I think that Little Cup is quite fun. That's really it, personally. Pokemon is a game we play for fun, and Little Cup is a refreshing change of pace with adorable monsters that are really fun to play with. It's new and exciting.

I probably wouldn't recommend it as a first tier to be quite honest since the mechanics are so different, but if it is your first tier really, more power for you.

Do you think the knock off buff has changed LC for the better or worse?

Why does your avatar feature purple monsters killing an Aron?
FUCK KNOCK OFF IT'S SHITTY

My avatar is a picture made by Yilx about my Ubers team that I laddered obsessively with to the enjoyment of most of #pokemon. It only used Little Cup Pokemon (the team was Aron, Hippopotas, Lileep, Koffing, Misdreavus, and Tentacool). I had an over 50% win rate.

why do you feel that people judge LC as a lesser tier?
I genuinely don't know. The majority of individuals that bash the tier don't actually even play it. I feel as if that's just an overall Smogon culture that's difficult to get around, and frankly it's quite disappointing and upsetting.

please describe in detail the body of aug's girlfriend
girl she curvy and shit and ooh la la

LC fite y/y

Looking back on BW LC, what is one thing you think was done well? What is one thing you wish had been done differently?

How do i get AOps in #littlecup man?

Have you ever built a team in under three hours?

Thoughts on Skrelp in LC?
1) n
2) I think the tier is balanced. I do not think anything makes anything else unviable. I just wish it was more fun. I wish the leaders were more active at the time and that more concern was given for the players.
3) be less shitty
4) yes
5) ADAPTABILITY WHY

y r u so trash n_n

/silentverse

Would you play RU if it ends up in SPL or is it 100% LC from here on out :o
1) idk mean
2) i think i'm playing lc if that's a thing, NU if otherwise tbh

When are you planning to start the suspect rounds of LC?

What's the manliest Pokemon in LC?

What difficulties do you see newer players have getting into LC
1) post pokebank
2) rimanlu

Who are some of the most recent players to join LC (last couple of months or so) that have shown a lot of potential to contribute towards the tier and community?

How would you like the staple LC playerbase to help you make LC a good and successful community in XY?
1) i like ssin and sparktrain and a lot of new guys, they're great
2) Just participate as much as you can. Start as many projects as you can, get as many people playing as you can. Just have as much fun as you can.

forgot to ask this the first time but
lc c&c from what i saw in gen5 was p slow, with analyses taking loads of time. do you have any plans on how to carry on c&c? also are we gonna do previews(preferably not since they will be redundant a few weeks later)
yeah we're doing c&c post pokebank, fuck previews.

What brought you to LC?

How did you eliminate those above you in rank and rise to power without getting noticed??

Am I your best tutee y / y???
1) honestly? i wanted to be a tournament driver on smogon university po server and i sucked up to shinyazelf to do it by asking him to teach me lc. i genuinely loved it though!
2) no idea, i'm like an assassin
3) lol

In five words or less describe Alison Brie.
smile and tits melt worlds

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is Yanma so underrated among the freed mons when it is pro af?

Do you actually trust Oglemi's fashion advice when he admits that he has no sense of fashion? Do you think that makes him a terrible gay?

What was your favorite LC pokemon to in gen 5? Has that changed for gen 6?

Why are people with half op status in #rarelyused so amazing?

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's your favorite non-LC tier to play?
If you were talking to someone right now and trying to get them to play LC what would you say?
Do you regret your prior interactions w/ user Pwnemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)