AlphaMod XY V0.1.6- a new way to play (WIP)

What moves should be made better?

• Total voters
We forgot to give Seismitoad Waterfall! (seriously it doesn't get it)
Also, why does Kyogre get Brave Bird? o.O
According to your paste, Gogoat doesn't get Grass Terrain yet...
Electivire is still kind of suckish because Thunder Punch still isn't very strong.
I am okay with Avalugg being Rock/Ice, but Steel/Ice sounds pretty good to me too. This may sound a little ludicrous, but Avalugg might even be a Grass/Ice because it's based on Project Habbakuk.
Rampardos's abilities are currently pretty good flavour-wise, but Rock Head is also feasible, because it LITERALLY HAS A ROCK HEAD.
I'll probably be adding stuff to this post over time, so watch this space.

Last edited:
Make Raichu SE against Donphan, because pokedex!
No... :P
We forgot to give Seismitoad Waterfall! (seriously it doesn't get it)
Also, why does Kyogre get Brave Bird? o.O
According to your paste, Gogoat doesn't get Grass Terrain yet...
Electivire is still kind of suckish because Thunder Punch still isn't very strong.
I am okay with Avalugg being Rock/Ice, but Steel/Ice sounds pretty good to me too. This may sound a little ludicrous, but Avalugg might even be a Grass/Ice because it's based on Project Habbakuk.
Rampardos's abilities are currently pretty good flavour-wise, but Rock Head is also feasible, because it LITERALLY HAS A ROCK HEAD.
I'll probably be adding stuff to this post over time, so watch this space.
Seismitoad will get Waterfall :]
Kyogre gets Brave Bird since Groudon gets Flare Blitz. What else would I give to Kyogre? It also has 'wing-like' features, I guess. I really can't remember why else.
Why would I give Gogoat Grassy Terrain? I guess it fits aesthetically but I changed how Grass Pelt works...
True.
I'll probably stick to pure Ice.
Head Smash Rock Head with 165 Base Attack and STAB? No thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions. :]

canno

formerly The Reptile
Kyogre gets Brave Bird since Groudon gets Flare Blitz. What else would I give to Kyogre? It also has 'wing-like' features, I guess. I really can't remember why else.
You could give Kyogre Hurricane. It has more flavor than Brave Bird (Kyogre summons storms and such) and actually benefits from Rain, just like how Flare Blitz benefits from Sun.

I was pretty much suggesting a Thunder Punch/Wild Charge buff (and perhaps a elemental punches buff in general) so could you put that into consideration....?

Could you make Head Smash and Light of Ruin have 25% recoil, so they have less recoil and more use?
Both are quite OP moves, so I'm not sure about that unfortunately. If anything, I'll raise their accuracy. I'm planning on giving Head Smash to every Rock Head user, after all.
I was pretty much suggesting a Thunder Punch/Wild Charge buff (and perhaps a elemental punches buff in general) so could you put that into consideration....?
I think I've planned to remove Wild Charge's recoil completely. As for the elemental punches, I'm not so sure, as Iron Fist is buffed already.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Both are quite OP moves, so I'm not sure about that unfortunately. If anything, I'll raise their accuracy. I'm planning on giving Head Smash to every Rock Head user, after all.

I think I've planned to remove Wild Charge's recoil completely. As for the elemental punches, I'm not so sure, as Iron Fist is buffed already.
You can at least make both 120 power so that they feel in place like the other recoil moves. Also, give Light of Ruin to more Fairy types.

Pent

dumb broad
Some Of the example sets are still relying on the old abilities. Like Blastoise using Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, etc when it can easily use things like Hydro Pump, Scald, Ice Beam, Fake Out, Aqua Jet, and even more. Here's what it SHOULD be in my opinion. No offense.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Victini should get Sheer Force imo :c, but here's an example set.

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Also, donno why, but nobody is noticing how MONSTROUS Serperior is now. It gets STAB Draco and Leaf Storm, and I don't understand why nobody is mentioning it. :x

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire

Gonna tag MegaGallade here just so he sees this since it is rather important.

Last edited:
Hmm... Double Edge needs a buff... Inverted type effectiveness? For 100% recoil! that becomes 20% on Rock head users? I mean, the name implies Double-Edged-Sword...

Some Of the example sets are still relying on the old abilities. Like Blastoise using Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, etc when it can easily use things like Hydro Pump, Scald, Ice Beam, Fake Out, Aqua Jet, and even more. Here's what it SHOULD be in my opinion. No offense.

Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out / Aqua Jet
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Victini @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Return
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Also, donno why, but nobody is noticing how MONSTROUS Serperior is now. It gets STAB Draco and Leaf Storm, and I don't understand why nobody is mentioning it. :x

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire

IIRC, Fake Out's main purposes are to 1)get free mevo 2) break sashes or sturdy
The little chip dmg you'll be doing doesn't really make a difference outside of that, so it doesn't make sense to increase it.
I don't really see why you are running Aqua Jet. Redundant with Fake Out outside of Ghosts, which outside of Gengar will be taking very little damage anyway e.g. Mega Sab Unless there's a buff I am unaware of, you still shouldn't run Aqua Jet.

Pent

dumb broad
IIRC, Fake Out's main purposes are to 1)get free mevo 2) break sashes or sturdy
The little chip dmg you'll be doing doesn't really make a difference outside of that, so it doesn't make sense to increase it.
I don't really see why you are running Aqua Jet. Redundant with Fake Out outside of Ghosts, which outside of Gengar will be taking very little damage anyway e.g. Mega Sab Unless there's a buff I am unaware of, you still shouldn't run Aqua Jet.
It's good for breaking sturdy and or sash since you are running more of a sweeping Shell Smash set with this. Just in case your are against something with Priority.

It's good for breaking sturdy and or sash since you are running more of a sweeping Shell Smash set with this. Just in case your are against something with Priority.
yes that is it's purpose I said that in my post
My point was that it's pointless increasing the damage since it ONLY does that and besides it's still weak. It's an utility move, so it's still okay to run Timid.

canno

formerly The Reptile
tbh I'd probably run Aura Sphere or Dark Pulse over Aqua Jet and Fake Out and just go Timid. Fake Out and Aqua Jet aren't going to be hitting that hard anyways even at +2 due to the lack of investment and M-Blastoise only having a base 103 attack.

Pent

dumb broad
If you guys would look, I actually did slash Dark Pulse earlier, but I can remove Fake Out and Aqua Jet for the two I guess.

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Victini @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Return
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- HP Fire

I'll add those sets to the OP soon :] Too bad that Blastoise set lacks Steel-type STAB... Thanks for the sets! :]

I didn't see this anywhere in your changes, so I had an idea for Poison. since being burned lowers your attack, why not make poison do the same with Special Attack? It would only be for regular poison and not toxic, so this way there will be a reason to poison a pokemon other than to just wear its health down

I didn't see this anywhere in your changes, so I had an idea for Poison. since being burned lowers your attack, why not make poison do the same with Special Attack? It would only be for regular poison and not toxic, so this way there will be a reason to poison a pokemon other than to just wear its health down
Great idea! I had it on my mind for a while, but I'll be sure to add it soon. :]

Here are some ideas:

Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, Swift, Magical Leaf, Feint Attack and Magnet Bomb have 80 power, 100% accuracy and act like sacred sword (i thought of this because they never miss in the games, and sacred sword ignores the enemy evasion and defense. I thought they were close enough)
Flame Wheel, Bite, Spark, Fury Cutter, Poison Sting, Echoed Voice, Leaf Tornado, Water Gun, Astonish, and Powder Snow have 40 power, 100% accuracy, +1 priority, and no other effects. Astonish is now special. Bite is still bosted by Strong Jaw
Silver Wind now works like Ancient Power and Ominious Wind.

Also, here is a set with the Farfetch'd changes:
Farfetch'd @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Evs: 252Atk, 4Def, 252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-Knock Off
-Peck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)