Alolan Grimer, Muk Discussion

Power of Alchemy A-Muk + Lunar Dance Cresselia anyone? :3

EDIT: Fleshing this idea out a bit
* Both are slow, so Cress can set up TR
* They don't share weaknesses
* Cress can provide Helping Hand support
* Cress can Lunar Dance when its job is done and if there is a Pokemon in the back that needs healing, and A-Muk takes over Levitate.

Last edited:
Might as well make an LC moveset for Grimer:

Grimer @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 176 HP / 176 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
- Payback
- Curse
- Poison Jab/Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak

It's walled by Pawniard, I know, but you could replace the defense-boosting move of your choice with Fire Blast (to a certain extent of success) Or you could use Mudbray as a teammate.

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
So, considering that it now gets a cool Stab in dark, and that wonderful Knock-Off, its a lot easier to justify running a curse set, which has always been a semi-favorite for regular muk. With good enough defensive typing that lets it come in easily vs Psychic types, and poison type's usual resistances, it even has an easy enough time setting up, in lower tiers at least. As for the set, a simple rest/talk/knock-off/curse should suffice, as it provides reliable enough recovery, a good mono-attacking stab, and cool utility in removing items. As for threats and support, all it should really absolutely need removed is enemy ground types, but that is hardly an impossible task, considering that most of them lack recovery.

A-Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I'm trying to decide if I want to try and pair this with tapu bulu or tapu fini in ou lol. I can see both being pretty neat, bulu for taking eq's a little better, and fini for taking lati dracos a little better and pursuit trapping.

Oh yeah I was referring to pursuit trapping them with Muk since misty terrain halves dragon type attacks, but I guess since they are fairies that isn't necessary.
Ah okay, I just figured Bulu or Fini themselves would be tanking the hit, especially since Tapu Bulu straight up does not care about anyone's EQs. Both are good options in general, but I'd probably only pick Bulu for Muk support over Fini because Bulu seems to help everyone out. Not to mention that type synergy, but I suppose they both have it. Muk might appreciate extra passive healing more than status protection, but that's debatable. Depends on what the playtesting shows

I saw the rainbow sherbet colors of Muk and got excited for a very short moment that we have a Poison-Fairy type

But instead we get a rainbow sherbet Drapion (I'm not complaining, I'm just sad ;-; )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)