All type Terrain [Stage 4: Playtesting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokeliga-gen7alltypeterrain-24663
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokeliga-gen7alltypeterrain-24660

after watching a couple of replays, I realized apparently terrains are stacking. I don't think this should be the case as Terrains don't stack as far as I'm concerned.
Oh they don't stack, it's a visual bug, but only the last one is actually active, I tested this.
It'd still be better to fix this, but at least it's not critical, and I have no idea how to fix this.

OK everybody, massive thanks to @Gilwick for organising the tourney. Sorry I didn't make it, need to start putting reminders on my phone. Starting from Monday, 9 a.m. GMT a new submission phase will begin. It has been bought to my attention that Aquatic Terrain and Steelstrewn Terrain are too powerful. Therefore, Water and Steel Terrains will be redone. That's not all: we will also be creating abilities that interract with the Terrains (like Grass Pelt and Surge Surfer). We will be creating abilities that interract with the following Terrain types: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy. The voting phase ends at 17:00 GMT on Friday the 22nd December. Standard rules apply. You can create up to 3 abilities for each type (only 2 for Electric, as that has Surge Surfer already). You may only give the abilities to Pokémon at B rank or Below in the OU Viability rankings.

Good luck, look forward to hearing your suggestions

Last edited:
Gliwick is definitely awesome for getting all of this to work. I would have been to the tour, but I didn't know about it... :(

In regards to my Gusty Terrain, I feel there should probably be a resubmission for it. The original intent was to negate all speed modifiers (i.e. Choice Scarf, Speed Stat changes, negate Trick Room as well) for all Pokemon, grounded or not (hence the name Gusty; winds would affect Pokemon in the air or on the ground). It's obvious now that this vision was not reached, and due to coding issues and the nature of the mod, became extremely mediocre. (Also the seed raises the speed stat that the terrain negates lol) Unless it is possible to retain the original effects of the terrain, I feel a new submission would help the pet mod achieve its goal.

Also, quick question, but can terrain abilities be given to multiple Pokemon? All the current ones are signature abilities, so it seems unclear.

Last edited:
Gliwick is definitely awesome for getting all of this to work. I would have been to the tour, but I didn't know about it... :(

In regards to my Gusty Terrain, I feel there should probably be a resubmission for it. The original intent was to negate all speed modifiers (i.e. Choice Scarf, Speed Stat changes, negate Trick Room as well) for all Pokemon, grounded or not (hence the name Gusty; winds would affect Pokemon in the air or on the ground). It's obvious now that this vision was not reached, and due to coding issues and the nature of the mod, became extremely mediocre. (Also the seed raises the speed stat that the terrain negates lol) Unless it is possible to retain the original affects of the terrain, I feel a new submission would help the pet mod achieve its goal.

Also, quick question, but can terrain abilities be given to multiple Pokemon? All the current ones are signature abilities, so it seems unclear.
If that is your wish, we can resubmit Flying type Terrain with slate after the next one (don't want it to be too crowded). Same goes for everyone - if your Terrain didn't work how you wanted. You can give the Terrain abilities to as many Pokémon as you wish, so long as they are B rank or Below.

Maybe we could take the second most voted terrain without resubmitting it and waiting another week?
I'd also like to ask how exactly should terrains or some details be redone? Do we need to ask their creators or will you ChrystalFalchion personally decide on this as the leader? I'm not sure what to do without any sort of confirmation.

I'll leave it with the original submitted for now, unless there is a general consensus among the player base. For Steel I only got a handful of votes, so I think it would be better to 're submit.

Name: Metallic Terrain
Type: Steel
Message: "The battlefield got covered with a metallic floor"
Metallic Surge: Registeel
Z Move: Speed +1
Nature Power: Flash Cannon
Secret Power: Iron Head animation; 30% chance to confuse
Effect 1: Steel-type moves from grounded Pokémon gain 50% power
Effect 2: Grounded Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered (similar to Clear Body)
Learned by: Magnemite, Magneton, Forretress, Steelix, Scizor, Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Registeel, Jirachi, Empoleon, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Bronzor, Bronzong, Magnezone, Probopass, Heatran, Dialga, Excadrill, Shlemet, Escavalier, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Durant, Cobalion, Genesect, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Klefki, Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Kartana, Celesteela, Magearna
Seed: Metallic Seed
Seed Effect: Speed +1
Competitive Use: Gives Registeel a notorious niche in the meta, and allow it to form powerful Steel Spam cores with Pokémon like Mega Mawile, Heatran and Magnezone.

Name: Liquid Terrain
Type: Water
Metallic Surge: Lumineon
Nature Power: Surf
Secret Power: Liquidation animation; 30% chance to Soak (turn into Water-type)
Effect 1: Whenever a grounded Pokemon is using a Water-type Move, it gets a 50% Speed Boost until the end of the turn
Effect 2: Grounded Pokémon are afflicted by Soak (turn into Water-types) if they are grounded for three turns or more
Learned by: Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Psyduck, Golduck, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Staryu, Starmie, Lapras, Vaporeon, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Chinchou, Lanturn, Politoed, Wooper, Quagsire, Slowking, Corsola, Remoraid, Octilery, Kingdra, Suicune, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Surskit, Masquerain, Wailmer, Wailord, Milotic, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Huntail, Gorebyss, Kyogre, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Buizel, Floatzel, Finneon, Lumineon, Palkia, Phione, Manaphy, Panpour, Simipour, Frillish, Jellicent, Keldeo, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Mareanie, Toxapex, Dewpider, Araquanid, Pyukumuku.
Seed: Liquid Seed
Seed Effect: Special Defense +1
Competitive Use: Rain gains another asset and allows it to have other abusers instead of the typical Kindgra, Kabutops, Omastar and Ludicolo. Pokémon like Manaphy and Volcanion can be proven very powerful with Lumineon's support.

Name: Beehive Call
Pokémon: Vespiqueen
Description: Under Pollinated Terran, the user calls friendly combees that repeat it's moves.
Effect: Under Pollinated Terrain, all Bug-type attacking moves hit 4 times. First hit deals regular damage, and the following 3 hits deal 1/9th of the damage of the original move.
Competitive Use: Silver Wind has now a 34% chance to get the user at least one omni-boost, while Struggle Bug nullifies the damage output of pretty much any Special Attacker, giving Vespiqueen a powerful niche as a Pollinated Terrain exploiter.

Name: Dark Tactics
Pokémon: Purrloin, Liepard
Description: Under Murky Terrain, the user makes use of dark tactics to annoy it's foe.
Effect: Under Murky Terrain, the user's moves also Torment and Taunt it's foe.
Competitive Use: Make Liepard useful?

Name: Draconic Pride
Pokémon: Garchomp, Haxorus (over Unnerve), Tyrantrum, Kommo-O
Description: Under Regal Terrain, the user's pride grows to the point where every move is a critical hit.
Effect: Under Regal Terrain, user's Dragon-type moves are critical hits.
Competitive Use: Makes the likes of Dragon Claw and Outrage extremely strong in the correct conditions, despite all users being primarily Physical Attackers, Draco Meteor is a great option as critical hits ignores the SpA drop.

Name: Electric Charger
Pokémon: Electabuzz, Jolteon, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Elekid, Electivire, Helioptile & Heliolisk (over Sand Veil), Zeraora
Description: The user is able to charge it's electric moves when experiencing Electric Terrain.
Effect: When Electric Terrain gets activated or the user switches in on Electric Terrain, the user gains a Charge boost, making it's next Electric-type Attack 1.5x stronger.
Competitive Use: Gives a further power boost to Electric moves that isn't affected by terrains change.

Name: Misty Bliss
Pokémon: Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse
Description: Under Misty Terrain, the user is sorrounded with Mist making it reduces it's weaknesses and becomes sturdier.
Effect: Under Misty Terrain, the user's SpD is boosted by 1.5x and the user takes 2/3 damage from Poison- and Steel-type moves.
Competitive Use: Allows for a double-Fairy defensive core that doesn't stack weaknesses that much.

Last edited:

Name: Layered Terrain
Type: Steel
Layered Surge: Forretress
Z Move: Special Defense +1
Nature Power: Flash Cannon
Secret Power: Metal Burst animation, 30% chance to raise the user's Defense by 1
Effect 1: The power of Steel-type moves used by grounded Pokemon is boosted by 1.5x.
Effect 2: Entry hazards currently on the field have heightened effects:
  • 1 layer of Spikes deals 16.67% damage, 2 layers deal 25%, and 3 layers deal 33.33%
  • 1 layer of Toxic Spikes badly poisons Pokemon switching in.
  • Stealth Rock damage chart in order of 0.25x/0.5x/1x/2x/4x is now 5%/10%/16.67%/33.33%/66.67%
  • Sticky Web receives no changes because lowering Speed by 2 is broken.
  • These effects apply to hazards set up while the terrain is in effect.
  • These effects go away as soon as the terrain goes away.
Attack: Forretress, Scizor, Steelix, Mawile, Aron line, Metang and Metagross, Dialga, Ferroseed line, Dhelmise
Seed: Layered Seed
Seed Effect: Defense +1
Competitive Use: Obligatory Shrek jokes, aside, Layered Terrain is the definition of hazard stacking. You see, in Layered Terrain, the battlefield has multiple layers. Duh. Since it has multiple layers, hazards on the field are now on all of the layers of the battlefield, boosting the effects of the hazards on the top layer. This makes all damaging hazards a force to be reckoned with as now they deal more damage, or deal damage more efficiently (sorry hazard weak Pokemon). The layers of steel all over the battlefield also provide steel for grounded to use, boosting the power of Steel-type moves, which is a nice buff to previously weak-ish moves that you're forced to run if you want Steel coverage such as Iron Head and Flash Cannon. Forretress was given the Surge ability as it's the only grounded Steel-type that learns both Stealth Rock and Spikes without being too high on the viability rankings, allowing it to set up 2 dangerous hazards immediately under the terrain, aiding sweepers who need opposing Pokemon weakened.

I'll leave it with the original submitted for now, unless there is a general consensus among the player base. For Steel I only got a handful of votes, so I think it would be better to 're submit.
Okay. I unified Terrain/Surge/Seed names and removed non-grounded Pokemon from those who learn terrain moves, since those are really insignificant changes.
Since Exploudit didn't object, Frozen Terrain now protects grounded from Water-type moves, not prevents them from using those moves.
Phoenix_Alchemist I'd like your insight on this
Regal terrain should ignore immunities if an attacker is grounded, not a defender

Fiery terrain should probably damage for 1/16 full HP similar to damaging weathers, not 1/8. Still, it didn't feel OP so I don't find this change obligatory.
And also wether you agree to change Fiery and Regal Seeds' raised stat.

Also for everyone, this is important: when giving a new ability to a Pokemon that already has 3 of them, specify the removed ability. Or I'll be guessing.

Edit:
Name: Dark Tactics
Pokémon: Purrloin, Liepard
Description: Under Murky Terrain, the user makes use of dark tactics to annoy it's foe.
Effect: Under Murky Terrain, the user's moves also Torment and Taunt it's foe.
Competitive Use: Silver wind has now a 34% chance to get the user at least one boost, while Struggle Bug nullifies the damage output of any Special Attacker, giving Vespiqueen a powerful niche as a Pollinated Terrain exploiter.
Looks like you copypasted and forgot to change. Also, isn't giving 2 statuses too much? It would make monoattack Pokemon struggle every second turn. One status would be pretty useful already.
Giving crit to every move while your STAB is already boosted and ignores immunities also seems too much. The only ability of similar strength would be Solar Power, but it doesn't boost non-Fire coverage it only boosts Special moves and reduces HP. (I derped with non-Fire, dunno what I was thinking)

Last edited:
Doubleposting so that submissions want intervene with discussion

Name: Sea Terrain
Sea Surge: Tentacruel (instead of Clear Body)
Nature Power: Hydro Pump
Secret Power: Water Pulse animation; chance to lower target's Attack 1 stage
Effect 1: Ground type moves used by grounded Pokemon have their power halved
Effect 2: Grouded Pokemon cannot be burned and are healed of their burn
Attack: Barbaracle, Blastoise, Clawitzer, Corsola, Dragalge, Goodra, Gyarados, Jellicent, Kabutops, Kingdra, Lanturn, Octillery, Omastar, Primarina, Stunfisk, Tirtouga, Toxapex, Wailord, Wishiwashi
Seed: Sea Seed
Seed Effect: Special Defense +1
Competitive Use: A cleric for teams with many physical attackers that fear burns and support for Ground-weak Pokemon, which is better than Grassy because it affects all Ground-type moves.

I'm not resubmitting my Magnetic Terrain since Rocky one has already taken its niche. I suggest Tiksi to resubmit Steelstrewn with altered secondary effect of boosting moves by 30% against switched opponents or some other similar effect if they don't mind, since I really like the idea of terrian that punishes switches.

Name: Pollen Shield
Pokémon: Bellossom, Dustox, Mothim, Lilligant (instead of Leaf Guard), Venomoth (instead of Shield Dust), Wormadam
Effect: Boosts the Pokemon's Defense stat by 50% in Pollen Terrain
Competitive Use: This is basically what every Quiver Dancer dreamt of - having enough physical bulk to setup safely

Name: Dirty Fighting
Pokémon: Drapion (instead of Keen Eye), Incineroar (instead of Intimidate), Pangoro (instead of Scrappy), Toxicroak (instead of Anticipation)
Effect: Boosts the power of Dark-, Fighting-, and Poison-type moves in Murky Terrain by 30%
Competitive Use: Provides offensive boost, which Murky Terrain itself does not give. Also these 3 types have good coverage.

Name: Murky Sneak
Pokémon: Ariados (instead of Sniper), Krookodile(instead of Anger Point), Mightyena (instead of Quick Feet), Shiftry (instead of Early Bird), Skuntank (instead of Keen Eye)
Effect: Doubles the Pokemon's Speed stat in Murky Terrain
Competitive Use: Makes a standard terrain sweeper that's useful against offense

Name: Electroreception
Pokémon: Galvantula, Jolteon (instead of Quick Feet), Lanturn (instead of Illuminate), Porygon line (instead of Analytic), Vikavolt, Xurkitree (if we allow to give UBs new abilities)
Effect: The Pokemon's attacks never miss in Electric Terrain
Competitive Use: Electric types finally get to use Zap Cannon; Lanturn and Porygon-Z can even abuse Blizzard/Zap combo

Name: Overcharge
Pokémon: Electivire, Klinklang (instead of Minus), Metagross
Effect: Boosts the Pokemon's Attack stat by 50%, but HP decreases every turn by 1/8 of full HP in Electric Terrain
Competitive Use: Klinklang and Metagross get a chance to be decent set-up sweepers, and Electiire compensates for its lack of powerful moves

Name: Misty damp
Pokémon: Lapras (instead of Shell Armor), Primatina (instead of Liquid Voice), Walrein (instead of Oblivious)
Effect: Boosts the power of Fairy-, Ice-, and Water-type moves in Misty Terrain by 30%
Competitive Use: Provides offensive boost, which Misty Terrain itself does not give

Name: Misty grace
Pokémon: Gardevoir (instead of Telepathy), Ninetales-Alola, Togekiss (instead of Hustle)
Effect: Doubles the Pokemon's Speed stat in Misty Terrain
Competitive Use: Makes a standard terrain sweeper that's useful against offense. Also gives a niche to regular Gardevoir over its mega

Name: Mist soak
Pokémon: Aromatisse, Jellicent (instead of Damp)
Effect: Restores 1/8 of full HP every turn in Misty Terrain; but loses 1/8 of full HP every turn in Murky Terrain
Competitive Use: Provides additional healing to some defensive Pokemon

Last edited:
I don't think I'll be submitting a steel terrain this time unless I suddenly get a really good idea.

Name: Riptide Terrain
Message: "The battlefield was overtaken by fierce currents!"
Riptide Surge: Floatzel
Z-move: Raises speed by one stage.
Nature Power: Water Pulse
Secret Power: Whirlpool anination, 30% chance to transform the target into the Water-type (like Soak).
Effect 1: Grounded Pokémon deal 20% more damage when using super-effective moves.
Effect 2: Grounded Pokémon that are afflicted by non-volatile status will always move last (as if influenced by Quash). If both Pokémon are under this effect, turn order occurs as normal.
Attack: Psyduck, Golduck, Horsea, Seadra, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Remoraid, Octillery, Mantine, Kingdra, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Huntail, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Buizel, Floatzel, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Basculin, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Golisopod
Seed: Riptide Seed
Seed Effect: Raises special defense by one stage.
Competitive Use: The weak and the injured are quickly swept away in the Riptide Terrain! Under Riptide Terrain, water types don't have to worry too much about taking super-effective hits because of their low amount of weaknesses, and can hit fire, rock, and ground types even harder than before. As for the terrain's secondary effect, water types are typically bulky enough to spread status, and now are greatly rewarded for doing so. Will-o-Wisp is especially crippling, halving the power of physical attacks and forcing the foe to move last, an effective death sentence to a frail physical sweeper. Unfortunately, teams that have a way around status, such as Aromatherapy or Natural Cure, can mostly shrug off the effects of Riptide Terrain. Even so, it does give a new significance to spreading status, and should be very powerful. (Also focus punch hits before the foe when under Quash and that's poppin)

Name: Memory Stick
Pokémon: Porygon (Instead of Trace), Voltorb, Electrode, Charjabug, Vikavolt
Effect: Switching out when under Electric Terrain passes effects (like Baton Pass).
Competitive Use: Passing Substitutes and boosts becomes much easier thanks to Memory Stick. Although it can be difficult to set up a boost and pass it during Electric Terrain, it is very helpful when possible. Porygon can pass Z-Downloads but uses your Z-move and is mostly useless outside of doing so, Electrode is fast and can set up Substitutes (or even Curse if you want), and Vikavolt is strong enough to force switches and set up an Agility.

Name: Alternating Current
Pokémon: Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire, Rotom, Blitzle, Zebstrika
Effect: On odd turns, the Pokémon's moves have +2 priority. On even turns, the Pokémon's moves have -2 priority. (When under Electric Terrain)
Competitive Use: Alternating Current is a helpful ability for Volt Switch users to come in and out quickly. Of course, a level of planning is necessary to time your switches and moves. Protect may be usable to circumvent the negative priority, but it is very predictable.

Name: Magic Essence
Pokémon: Spritzee, Aromatisse, Morelull, Shiinotic, Munna, Musharna
Effect: The Pokémon can still inflict opponents with status conditions when under Misty Terrain.
Competitive Use: Misty Terrain, while providing help to walls by protecting them from status, can often be a pain because it prevents those walls from inflicting their own status. Magic Essence prevents this, and notably allows Shiinotic to use Spore while under Misty Terrain, while letting Aromatisse use Toxic and Musharna use Hypnosis and Thunder Wave.

Name: Fairy Lockdown
Pokémon: Klefki
Effect: Prevents the foe from switching out if the foe is grounded while Misty Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: Complete trapping while under Misty Terrain may seem broken, but the fact that it only works during Misty Terrain and that the ability is given to Klefki, a Pokémon that has poor stats all around and has to sacrifice Prankster to trap, should keep it balanced. Once the foe is trapped, Klefki can use Switcheroo to cripple the foe, set up screens or hazards, or dispel them with Defog.

Name: Enchanting Song
Pokémon: Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Mega-Audino (Instead of Healer), Meloetta
Effect: Using sound-based moves increases the user's defense by one stage when under Misty Terrain.
Competitive Use: Enchanting Song is a boon for Calm Mind users (sorry Wigglytuff) to be able to boost both defenses and their special-attack. Primarina and Mega-Audino can boost their defense while attacking with Sparkling Aria and Hyper Voice respectively, Sing and Heal Bell can be used to boost, and Perish Song even gets some usability by making it more difficult to defeat the user of it.

Name: Teeth Bared
Pokémon: Mega-Garchomp (Instead of Sand Force), Shinx, Luxio, Luxray (Instead of Rivalry), Guzzlord, Mawile (Instead of Hyper Cutter)
Effect: When under Regal Terrain, biting moves are always critical-hits.
Competitive Use: While Regal Terrain gives a boost to Dragon-type moves, Teeth Bared gives a boost to coverage moves to hit more foes harder. Mega-Garchomp may finally see some use with its buffed Crunch and Fire Fang, Guzzlord gets STAB on its boosted Crunch, and Luxray gets strong Bolt-Beam-Thrower coverage.

Name: Aura of Destruction
Pokémon: Salamence, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus (Instead of Rivalry), Granbull (Instead of Rattled)
Effect: When this Pokémon is on the field while Regal Terrain is in effect and is grounded, all other abilities are negated. (When this effect first activates, the message, "[Pokémon] is exuding an intense aura!" is displayed, similar to Mold Breaker's message.)
Competitive Use: Aura of Destruction extends Regal Terrain's gimmick of negating immunities to the logical extreme, negating abilities as well. This ability works both offensively, preventing abilities such as Levitate and Flash Fire from stopping your coverage moves, and defensively, by stopping damage boosting abilities like Tough Claws and Adaptability from taking effect.

Name: Dragon Roost
Pokémon: Dragonite, Noibat, Noivern (Instead of Telepathy)
Effect: When Regal Terrain is active, this Pokémon becomes grounded. It heals 1/8 of its HP between turns, and raises all of its lowered stats by 1 between turns. (e.g. If Dragonite's attack is below 0, it will gain one stage between turns until it reaches 0.)
Competitive Use: Dragon Roost is meant to take advantage of the Dragon/Flying-types that exist. While it does make Dragonite and Noivern susceptible to Ground-type attacks, it gives them a nice passive recovery and allows them to regain lost stats from using Draco Meteor and from being afflicted by Intimidate, alongside giving them the benefits of Regal Terrain despite being Flying-types.

Name: Disenchanted
Pokémon: Sneasel (Instead of Keen Eye), Weavile, Umbreon, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Sableye (Instead of Keen Eye)
Effect: When Murky Terrain is active, this Pokémon takes no damage from Fairy-type moves.
Competitive Use: Disenchanted gives Dark-types a second immunity while under Murky Terrain (Rest in Peace Gardevoir). Weavile gains more switch-in opportunities, Umbreon and Dusclops/Dusknoir can wall Fairy-types more easily, and Sableye just really wants to keep Prankster.

Gliwick For Regal Terrain's effect, I would go with checking if the attacker is grounded. That would prevent Flying-types from completely ignoring the terrain and keeping their ground immunity. The seed I would change to a boost to Accuracy, since it could give Dragon Rush an actual use.

Last edited:
Looks like you copypasted and forgot to change. Also, isn't giving 2 statuses too much? It would make monoattack Pokemon struggle every second turn. One status would be pretty useful already.
I'll edit the competitive later, oops. As for the double status, you gotta keep in mind Liepard is the Pokémon gaining the ability...
Giving crit to every move while your STAB is already boosted and ignores immunities also seems too much. The only ability of similar strength would be Solar Power, but it doesn't boost non-Fire coverage and reduces HP.
Oops, should only make Dragon moves crit, my bad.

Name: Pollinator Zeal
Pokémon: Beautifly, Beedrill, Butterfree, Dustox, Mothim, Venomoth (over Wonder Skin), Combee, Vespiquen, Vivillon (over Friend Guard), Cutiefly and Ribombee (over Honey Gather)
Effect: Doubles the Pokemon's Speed stat and restores 1/16th of max HP every turn when Pollinated Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: These Pokemon would all love a boost to their speed, especially since most of them can't afford to take a hit with their pitiful bulk. The recovery aspect is never a bad thing, and it could really help with healing back up from passive and chip damage, especially Stealth Rock.

Name: Murky Cover
Pokémon: Cacturne, Murkrow and Honchkrow (over Insomnia), Purrloin and Liepard (over Limber), Deino and Zweilous and Hydreigon, Sableye (over Stall), Umbreon (over Inner Focus)
Effect: Raises the Pokemon's accuracy by 1 stage and Speed by 50% when Murky Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: Increases the usability of certain coverage moves like Focus Blast, Iron Tail, Fire Blast, etc., while also ensuring that other 90 Acc. moves always hit (don't you just hate when your Draco Meteor misses?).

Name: Tyranny
Pokémon: Ampharos-Mega (over Mold Breaker), Kingdra (over Damp), Haxorus (over Rivalry), Tyrunt and Tyrantrum, Kommo-o (over Overcoat)
Effect: Increases the Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack by 33% when Regal Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: A boost to the offensive stats really helps Ampharos-Mega (who lacks Draco Meteor) and Kingdra (who has relatively low offensive stats). Besides the boost to grounded Dragon-type attacks already given by Regal Terrain, this ability is effectively an extra Life Orb boost that these dragons will appreciate.

Name: Wyvern Force
Pokémon: Dragonite, Flygon, Altaria, Salamence, Noibat and Noivern (over Telepathy)
Effect: The Pokemon's Dragon- and Flying-type moves do 33% more damage when Regal Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: Pretty much a smaller Regal Terrain boost with an extra Flying-type boost, meant for ungrounded Dragon-types.

Name: Dragonblood Fury
Pokémon: Exeggutor-Alola (over Frisk), Dragonite (over Inner Focus), Garchomp (over Sand Veil), Axew and Fraxure and Haxorus (over Unnerve), Deino and Zweilous and Hydreigon, Drampa (over Sap Sipper)
Effect: When Regal Terrain is active, the Pokemon's Speed is doubled and its super effective attacks do 25% more damage. However, it also takes 25% more damage from opposing Pokemons' super effective attacks.
Competitive Use: Doubled speed is always nice. Taking more damage from super effective attacks was an attempt at balancing the doing more super effective damage, considering that the dragons will most likely be spamming their Dragon-type STAB regardless of whether it is super effective against the target.

Name: Ion Guard
Pokémon: Geodude-Alola and Graveler-Alola and Golem-Alola (over Magnet Pull), Magnemite and Magneton and Magnezone (over Sturdy), Zapdos (over Pressure), Chinchou and Lanturn (over Illuminate), Rotom (all forms), Stunfisk (over Limber)
Effect: Increases the Pokemon's Defense and Special Defense by 33% each when Electric Terrain is active.
Competitive Use: Makes these Pokemon even bulkier than they already are.

Last edited:
OK people, voting time! As I'll be away from a computer for a few days, I'll be counting the votes on the 27th of December. Vote for the 1 Terrain of each type you like best and 3 abilities of each type.

Last edited:
Name: Aura of Destruction
Pokémon: Salamence, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus (Instead of Rivalry), Granbull (Instead of Rattled)
Effect: When this Pokémon is on the field while Regal Terrain is in effect and is grounded, all other abilities are negated. (When this effect first activates, the message, "[Pokémon] is exuding an intense aura!" is displayed, similar to Mold Breaker's message.)
Competitive Use: Aura of Destruction extends Regal Terrain's gimmick of negating immunities to the logical extreme, negating abilities as well. This ability works both offensively, preventing abilities such as Levitate and Flash Fire from stopping your coverage moves, and defensively, by stopping damage boosting abilities like Tough Claws and Adaptability from taking effect. Special mention goes to Granbull, which ignores the boosted Dragon moves that come with Regal Terrain.
I have to warn you that I probably won't be able to code ignoring of attacking abilities; and without that it's just an inferior Mold Breaker.
Also you seem to confuse abilities with terrains, since ignoring abilities doesn't mean ignoring effects of Regal Terrain.

Vote for the 1 Terrain of each type you like best and 2 abilities of each type.
I have a question here, how many abilities will be accepted? It's not obvious since we submitted up to 3 abilities but can only vote for 2.

Last edited:
I have to warn you that I probably won't be able to code ignoring of attacking abilities; and without that it's just an inferior Mold Breaker.
Also you seem to confuse abilities with terrains, since ignoring abilities doesn't mean ignoring effects of Regal Terrain.
I would assume it would use similar code to that of Core Enforcer or Gastro Acid. If Regal Terrain is active and this Pokémon is out in battle, apply a Gastro Acid-like efffect to the opponent. If that isn't codable, the effect could change to making the Pokémon's attacks negate the foe's abilities, as that would be very similar to Core Enforcer, just applied to all attacks and not having the "have to move last" effect.

As for saying Granbull ignores some terrain effects, I was just talking about the fact that Granbull is immune to Dragon-type moves, and therefore doesn't have to deal with the boosted Dragon moves that are caused by Regal Terrain, not any special effects Granbull has.

I would assume it would use similar code to that of Core Enforcer or Gastro Acid. If Regal Terrain is active and this Pokémon is out in battle, apply a Gastro Acid-like efffect to the opponent. If that isn't codable, the effect could change to making the Pokémon's attacks negate the foe's abilities, as that would be very similar to Core Enforcer, just applied to all attacks and not having the "have to move last" effect.

As for saying Granbull ignores some terrain effects, I was just talking about the fact that Granbull is immune to Dragon-type moves, and therefore doesn't have to deal with the boosted Dragon moves that are caused by Regal Terrain, not any special effects Granbull has.
Oh you're right, I was thinking about Mold Breaker which is coded differently, but Gastro Acid is actually a very possible solution.
Regal terrain also ignores immunities, so Granbull will still have to deal with this.

Edit: I'll add my vote here
Steel: Metallic Terrain
Water: Riptide Terrain
Murky Terrain abilities: Disenchanted, Murky Cover (only vote for 2 since I have 3 options total)
Regal Terrain abilities: Teeth Bared, Tyranny, Wyvern Force
Electric Terrain abilities: Electric Charger, Alternating Current
Misty Terrain abilities: Misty Bliss, Magic Essence, Enchanted Song

Last edited:

I have a question here, how many abilities will be accepted? It's not obvious since we submitted up to 3 abilities but can only vote for 2.
My bad that was a typo you can vote for 3. Fixed

Regal terrain also ignores immunities, so Granbull will still have to deal with this.
I'm an actual idiot for forgetting that Regal Terrain negates immunities like 2 sentences after mentioning it.

Well, here's my votes.
Water: Sea Terrain
Steel: Layered Terrain
Murky Terrain Abilities: Murky Cover, Dirty Fighting, Dark Tactics
Regal Terrain Abilities: Wyvern Force, Draconic Pride, Tyranny
Electric Terrain Abilities: Ion Guard, Electric Charger
Misty Terrain Abilities: Misty Damp, Misty Grace, Misty Soak

Another question. What happens if two abilities are voted that are given to the same Pokémon? Liepard and Haxorus for example have multiple abilities given to them. Will we just remove another ability, or maybe give them a fourth ability in the same vein as Rockruff getting Own Tempo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)