Gen 3 Aero + Sub/Pass Celebi Superman

I'm a relatively new competitive player and very new to ADV. I really enjoyed BKC's primer on the superman archetype and I had fun with the Moltres superman sample list, but I wanted to try something with a faster clock built around CB Aerodactyl with the same general ignorance to Spikes as that team.

:Aerodactyl: :Celebi:
Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 40 SpA / 60 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This is the offensive shell I want to build around. Celebi comes in on something slow like a spinner, sets Sub and/or Leech Seed, and passes to Aero to start clicking STABs and wrecking face. Aero has HP Flying for covering bug and fighting; other than that, standard sets as far as I'm aware.

:Skarmory:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

Who better to pair with a solid sweeper than the best Spikes setter? Specially defensive Skarm comes in on a lot of opposing threats to my shell, and sets Spikes to enable Aero to 2HKO important threats like the bulky waters. Not running Drill Peck as Aero has that coverage available, and Toxic+Protect enables me to scout and chip away for an eventual Aero sweep. My primary lead.

:Gengar:
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Taunt+Wisp bulky Gengar, my bulky Water check, outspeeds and cripples DD TTar and Mence with burns and prevents CM Suicune or Celebi from setting in addition to preventing support mons from healing or curing status. Blocking spinners is important too.

:Tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Brick Break

Mixed TTar hits a bunch of defining threats defensive threats like Blissey, Jirachi and Celebi while. I'm opting for a mixed set over the Pursuit set as many similar superman teams have chosen because I think Gengar doesn't pose as much as a threat to my team, due to the lack of spinners. Crunch still OHKOs an unsuspecting Gengar which is nice.

:Flygon:
Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

Defensive Flygon, contributing to the superman shell, walls out Electric types without coverage that threaten to outspeed and OHKO Aero like Jolteon. It's only drawback is dying to Ice type coverage like many metagame defining threats have access to. Toxic for status spread, and Protect lets me scout for that crucial Ice coverage.

Again, I'm a very new player and this strategy could be incredibly flawed in practice, especially since at low ladder where I've been labbing it since mistakes are more plentiful. I think this team's weakness to Ice coverage is pretty substantial, especially if Magneton traps and kills Skarm, so that's one thing I'd like to change. Please let me know if theres something else that needs changing!

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm a relatively new competitive player and very new to ADV. I really enjoyed BKC's primer on the superman archetype and I had fun with the Moltres superman sample list, but I wanted to try something with a faster clock built around CB Aerodactyl with the same general ignorance to Spikes as that team.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This is the offensive shell I want to build around. Celebi comes in on something slow like a spinner, sets Sub and/or Leech Seed, and passes to Aero to start clicking STABs and wrecking face. Aero has HP Flying for covering bug and fighting; other than that, standard sets as far as I'm aware.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

Who better to pair with a solid sweeper than the best Spikes setter? Specially defensive Skarm comes in on a lot of opposing threats to my shell, and sets Spikes to enable Aero to 2HKO important threats like the bulky waters. Not running Drill Peck as Aero has that coverage available, and Toxic+Protect enables me to scout and chip away for an eventual Aero sweep. My primary lead.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Taunt+Wisp bulky Gengar, my bulky Water check, outspeeds and cripples DD TTar and Mence with burns and prevents CM Suicune or Celebi from setting in addition to preventing support mons from healing or curing status. Blocking spinners is important too.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Brick Break

Mixed TTar hits a bunch of defining threats defensive threats like Blissey, Jirachi and Celebi while. I'm opting for a mixed set over the Pursuit set as many similar superman teams have chosen because I think Gengar doesn't pose as much as a threat to my team, due to the lack of spinners. Crunch still OHKOs an unsuspecting Gengar which is nice.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

Defensive Flygon, contributing to the superman shell, walls out Electric types without coverage that threaten to outspeed and OHKO Aero like Jolteon. It's only drawback is dying to Ice type coverage like many metagame defining threats have access to. Toxic for status spread, and Protect lets me scout for that crucial Ice coverage.

Again, I'm a very new player and this strategy could be incredibly flawed in practice, especially since at low ladder where I've been labbing it since mistakes are more plentiful. I think this team's weakness to Ice coverage is pretty substantial, especially if Magneton traps and kills Skarm, so that's one thing I'd like to change. Please let me know if theres something else that needs changing!
1. Your team is extremely weak to WOW + Taunt Gengar. It comes in for free on Flygon and Skarmory and spams WOW 100% uncontested.
I reccomend using a Pursuit Tyranitar(over MixTar) to remedy this.
2. Run HP Bug over HP Flying on Aero to 0hko CM Pass Celebi and nab a 2hko on Claydol.
3. I would consider running Jirachi over Celebi. It doesn't take damage from sand and is thus more resilient. It also helps a bit vs Aero and CB Tar.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Brick Break

Flygon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

I dont like 0 attacks celebi at all, especially on this build since ur so so weak to swampert. For sure fix that

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
As Cdijk16 said, your team is weak a taunt. But despite of that, is a cool Celebi because not all trainers run with taunt.
But I like the most your team because I like baton pass teams, but unfortunally it's banned from gen3.

I dont like 0 attacks celebi at all, especially on this build since ur so so weak to swampert. For sure fix that
I need to disagree with Rubiaa , because is possible to run pokémons without any atack move. But if you should take a move I would put Recover in place of Psychic or Giga Drain. But, I still thinking it isn't needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)