Gen 3 ADV Team That Actually Seems Decent To Me :)

Hello all, this team is probably ungood but it seems decent in my (1450 at best) hands

:bw/zapdos:
Hello :) (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

Lead Zapdos is something I've messed with for a while, even during my Dark Times™ when I was using a modified Pokemon Perfect sample team that was probably out of date when I got it. Standard spread for Calm Zap, with HP Grass over Rest because Swampert annoys me. Roar is super nice and I will always roar out opposing lead electrics, you will not pass a sub against ME. Thunderbolt is Thunderbolt, can't go wrong with it in Gen 3. BP is nice as a pivot move (obviously) but sometimes I wish my Zap was a bit faster so I could BP against faster Celebis and not pass the leech seed I get hit with.

:bw/salamence:
Blue Boi (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

DD Salamence is my Blue Boi (do not ask why the gender is not set [it is because I am lazy] I will not tell you). Set is standard affair. He's a good wincon and a great way to force switches after Dugtrio gets a kill with EQ or an HP. For the record, I would run Wide Lens if that was legal this gen because Rock Slide misses take at least 6 months away from my life span.

:bw/starmie:
Patricia (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Ah Starmie, how I love ye. Standard Offensive Starmie here. Sometimes I wish for Recover over probably Thunderbolt, but BoltBeam is immensely good coverage that I can never justify that change. Coming in on a Skarm and clicking Hydro Pump on the most predictable Gengar switch-in of my life gives me energy and probably compensates for the Rock Slide misses mentioned above. Starmie is extremely good (obviously) and a welcome part of the crew. It's also funny to just outrun some Dugtrios and kill them with Ice Beam.

:bw/blissey:
Trans Rights (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Why is this thing so good. Why did Game Freak do this. I've won games against physical attackers with this thing. Blissey is so good and it annoys me. Anyway, this is the standard Blissey set. T-Wave over Toxic because speed control is really good, though sometimes I do want Toxic to deal with Suicunes (my despised) and opposing Blissies. T-Wave is arguably one of the hardest moves to switch into because only ground types are immune and, while yeah, they are handled decently by Blissey, Claydol can splode, Swampert can force Soft-Boiled or Switches, and Dugtrio can 2hko (while getting chunked super hard in return tbf).

:bw/metagross:
Metal Man (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Metagross is so fun to use. Meteor Mash chunking the entire tier and 2hkoing some Skarmory variants gives me life. Splode on Pert, the occasional curselax that otherwise gives the team trouble, and subless Celebi that think they can take a mash and pass out. QuakeSlide is good coverage but I find myself overpredicting with them and doing less damage than I would with just Mash. Can't touch Dug and is destroyed by Mag (who only comes in if you're locked into Mash or Slide), but other than that is genuinely stupid and I love it.

:rs/swampert:
NoHPGrassPls (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 108 Def / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch

Swampert is so cool I wish frogs were real. Standard Swamp set here. Hydro Pump goes so hard if it actually hits, EQ hits hard regardless of no investment, Ice Beam is Ice Beam so no explanation needed, and Focus Punch is what you click when you think your opponent is gonna switch into their egg and then do like 15% to the skarm that stays in because you're in low ladder. Regardless, when Focus Punching the egg goes your way, everything is good, otherwise it's something I've been tempted to replace with multiple moves, including Toxic and HP Grass for opposing Swamperts and Roar so I can have a second option to deal with BP Teams.

vapicuno

你的价值比自己想象中的所有还要低。我却早已解脱,享受幸福
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Hello. Not bad of a team, except it's not very clear what Blissey is doing here, and your wallbreaking plan is a bit filmsy.

Consider Zapdos with Protect, Toxic, Baton Pass, and Thunderbolt. This helps you to chip Blissey and pivot to Swampert more easily. Bulky EVs are good but you would probably want at least 244 speed (the stat, not EVs) just so you don't get outsped by Tyranitar.

Your description of Metagross is probably not the way you want to play with it. BP into it with Zap and explode it at the start of the game.

Probably use offensive Snorlax in Blissey's place. A fighter like Heracross is also an interesting possibility but more defensive tweaks to the team have to be made, like specially defensive Zapdos.

Hello all, this team is probably ungood but it seems decent in my (1450 at best) hands

:bw/zapdos:
Hello :) (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roar

Lead Zapdos is something I've messed with for a while, even during my Dark Times™ when I was using a modified Pokemon Perfect sample team that was probably out of date when I got it. Standard spread for Calm Zap, with HP Grass over Rest because Swampert annoys me. Roar is super nice and I will always roar out opposing lead electrics, you will not pass a sub against ME. Thunderbolt is Thunderbolt, can't go wrong with it in Gen 3. BP is nice as a pivot move (obviously) but sometimes I wish my Zap was a bit faster so I could BP against faster Celebis and not pass the leech seed I get hit with.

:bw/salamence:
Blue Boi (Salamence) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

DD Salamence is my Blue Boi (do not ask why the gender is not set [it is because I am lazy] I will not tell you). Set is standard affair. He's a good wincon and a great way to force switches after Dugtrio gets a kill with EQ or an HP. For the record, I would run Wide Lens if that was legal this gen because Rock Slide misses take at least 6 months away from my life span.

:bw/starmie:
Patricia (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Ah Starmie, how I love ye. Standard Offensive Starmie here. Sometimes I wish for Recover over probably Thunderbolt, but BoltBeam is immensely good coverage that I can never justify that change. Coming in on a Skarm and clicking Hydro Pump on the most predictable Gengar switch-in of my life gives me energy and probably compensates for the Rock Slide misses mentioned above. Starmie is extremely good (obviously) and a welcome part of the crew. It's also funny to just outrun some Dugtrios and kill them with Ice Beam.

:bw/blissey:
Trans Rights (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Why is this thing so good. Why did Game Freak do this. I've won games against physical attackers with this thing. Blissey is so good and it annoys me. Anyway, this is the standard Blissey set. T-Wave over Toxic because speed control is really good, though sometimes I do want Toxic to deal with Suicunes (my despised) and opposing Blissies. T-Wave is arguably one of the hardest moves to switch into because only ground types are immune and, while yeah, they are handled decently by Blissey, Claydol can splode, Swampert can force Soft-Boiled or Switches, and Dugtrio can 2hko (while getting chunked super hard in return tbf).

:bw/metagross:
Metal Man (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Metagross is so fun to use. Meteor Mash chunking the entire tier and 2hkoing some Skarmory variants gives me life. Splode on Pert, the occasional curselax that otherwise gives the team trouble, and subless Celebi that think they can take a mash and pass out. QuakeSlide is good coverage but I find myself overpredicting with them and doing less damage than I would with just Mash. Can't touch Dug and is destroyed by Mag (who only comes in if you're locked into Mash or Slide), but other than that is genuinely stupid and I love it.

:rs/swampert:
NoHPGrassPls (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 108 Def / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Focus Punch

Swampert is so cool I wish frogs were real. Standard Swamp set here. Hydro Pump goes so hard if it actually hits, EQ hits hard regardless of no investment, Ice Beam is Ice Beam so no explanation needed, and Focus Punch is what you click when you think your opponent is gonna switch into their egg and then do like 15% to the skarm that stays in because you're in low ladder. Regardless, when Focus Punching the egg goes your way, everything is good, otherwise it's something I've been tempted to replace with multiple moves, including Toxic and HP Grass for opposing Swamperts and Roar so I can have a second option to deal with BP Teams.
I like the hp grass, but still, swamperts is too much of a threat into ur team. Figure out some ways to fix dat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)