Gen 3 ADV OU Eggy Special Offense Help Needed

I have had mixed luck & I have since replaced Beat Up on Dugtrio with Rock Slide. I kept Eggy basic & stuck to his Smogon analysis except I went with double-powder instead of sleep/leech seed. If Dug dies to Blissey this team dies.

ナッシー (Exeggutor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

パルシェン (Cloyster) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 8 SpA / 244 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
Cloyster is a Pokemon only seen on Offensive Team like this. It supports the Team with Spikes, which helps Suicune and Jirachi as they wear down some of there Checks and makes them more potent as sweepers. Rapid Spin to clear spikes that would chip our Teammates especially suicune who gets put on a short timer if spikes & sand are up. It packs a high Phsyical Defense, that enables it to switch into Physical Attackers but I prefer Eggy for this role. Explosion is hitting everything hard that doesn't resist it or is immune to it, creating pressure even with no Attack Investment and a Timid Nature. It also acts like a good lure for Blissey as it can bait it in then use Explosion on it, clearing the Path for my Special Sweepers Suicune and Jirachi. Surf is Primary STAB that allows it to 2HKO Bulkless Tyranitar with 8 Special Attack EVs and dealing reasonable damage to Steel-types. With this EV spread I can outspeed most TTar sets if not all of them & slower water types while surviving Hydro Pumps from Suicune & I am 2 hit by Starmies Thunderbolt.

ゲンガー (Gengar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 112 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
Gengar comes in on physical attackers hits them with Will o Wisp blocks rapid spin users explodes on Blissey so Dug can safely switch in & handle their business. What more can I say other than It’s EV Spread I can outspeed Moltres & hit em with a Tbolt. In sand I can survive Pursuit Tars Crunch & Hp Flying from both Mence & Gyardos.

ジラーチ (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 152 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch

ダグトリオ (Dugtrio) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace
Dugtrio is as simple as you get it is a no brainer for a team like this. EQ to bully & kill Metagross/TTar & just about everything that is not flying or levitating. Hp Bug so I can switch into an asleep or paralysed Celebi & destroy them which for this team is pretty useful because I am quite Calm Mind Celebi weak. Rockslide to threaten Zapdos that try to tbolt my Cloyster or Suicune. Lastly we have aerial ace to ruin the dreams of fighting & bug type enjoyers. I am banded to get the most of my fairly mediocre attack stat but you already knew that. With this EV spread both Bold & Modest Blissey Beams I survive & I am even surviving Zapdos HP Grass/Ice though with just a sliver. I can outspeed anything that is unboosted.

スイクン (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The Team In Action. I am a new player so I apologize if my gaming is goofy.

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Special offense is one of my favorite playstyles. However, it doesn’t usually need spikes. As such, I would suggest replacing :Cloyster: with :Zapdos: Zapdos adds another spikes-immune mon in addition to Gengar and some electric-type offense. It can also pivot, aiding in getting :dugtrio: in, with Baton Pass.

Zap Set:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Baton Pass
- Roar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)