A Pair of Twos: an Ubers Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was working my way up the Ubers ladder one night, testing out my newly-crafted (and very effective) team when I ran into MetaNite. MetaNite is well-known to me from IRC, so I know he is no noob when it comes to Ubers. I look forward to an interesting and challenging match!

I've been wanting to write another warstory for a long time, but never expected it to be an Ubers one! After challenging user reachzero to a battle, he suggested Ubers, and I thought sure, why not. I know reachzero is a very good Ubers battler, and battler in general, while I am far from an experienced Ubers player. I look forward to a challenging match.

reachzero's Team:

MetaNite's Team:

Hong Xiuquan's moves will look like this.

MetaNite's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.
This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Timed Battle
Hong Xiuquan sent out Deoxys-f (lvl 100 Deoxys-f).
MetaNite sent out Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Deoxys-f is exerting its pressure!
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Eo Ut Mortus has entered the room.
Deep Thought has entered the room.

MetaNite's lead is Dialga, which I expect to be a standard lead Dialga with Stealth Rock and Lum Berry. My Deoxys-A is a four-attack variety, designed to do heavy damage to my opponent's team before it dies, preferably forcing my opponent to choose between getting up Stealth Rock and stopping Deoxys-A from damaging his team even further. Faced with Dialga, the obvious choice is to Superpower. If he sets up Stealth Rock, I was 2HKO him cleanly, and my Focus Sash will still be intact. If he attacks, he wont' have time to set up Stealth Rock before I KO him.

Another old Deoxys-A lead. Not exactly an ideal match up. I'm expecting it to have Superpower, but I'm fairly certain good old Dialga will survive. I'm running a bulky Dialga with Stealth Rock, ThunderWave, and the attacking moves of Draco Meteor and Flamethrower. I expect him to have a Focus Sash, so if I attack straight away he'll 2HKO me with Superpower. I figure, I can't win this match up but might as well cripple his Deoxys as much as possible before going out.

Deoxys-f used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 74% of its health.
Deoxys-f's attack was lowered.
Deoxys-f's defence was lowered.
Dialga used Thunder Wave.
Deoxys-f is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

I am not at all happy with his turn of events, as now I am relatively crippled and yet he will likely be able to get up Stealth Rock. At least Deoxys-A will be able to take Dialga down, and I should have at least one more turn to attack, thanks to my Focus Sash!

Awesome, I survived. I have two choice here, lay down Stealth Rock, or attack him to break the sash. I have a mostly offensive team, none of which would enjoy taking a hit from the mighty Deoxys-A. Therefore, I decide to attack him with all I got and pray he is unable to move due to paralysis.

---
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
A critical hit!
Deoxys-f lost 100% of its health.
Deoxys-f hung on using its Focus Sash!
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
Deoxys-f used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 26% of its health.
MetaNite's Dialga fainted.
(6-5)
Deoxys-f's attack was lowered.
Deoxys-f's defence was lowered.

Deoxys-A is swiftly approaching the end of its usefulness, yet at least it kills Dialga. Interestingly enough, MetaNite seems to have considered killing Deoxys-A more important than getting Stealth Rock up. If I were using Ho-oh this might be a very serious mistake on his part, but fortunately for him I am not.

I don't want to reveal one of my sweepers yet, nor do I want one of them to take an Extreme Speed from 180 base attack, so I bring in the only bulky Pokemon I have.

---
MetaNite switched in Lugia (lvl 100 Lugia).
Lugia is exerting its pressure!

Even in my Deoxys-A's paralyzed state, I figure I can get off one more good Extremespeed.

Looking back at it, I realize that Stealth Rock may have been game altering. Lugia probably would have been able to survive a Shadow Ball followed by an Extreme Speed with those enormous defense stats, and 2HKO his Deoxys with Ice Beam. Man I hope he doesn't have a Ho-oh...

Deoxys-f is paralysed! It can't move!
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Deoxys-f lost 0% of its health.
Hong Xiuquan's Deoxys-f fainted.
(5-5)
---

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have done major damage to Lugia at any rate. Fortunately for me, Lugia is setup-bait for Wobbuffet, so I decide to bring in the most notoriously Pokemon in the game. In an interesting twist of teambuilding, I have no setup sweepers, but at least Wobbuffet should keep Lugia from healing and earn me a free turn or two to attack!

I'm not sure how much Extreme Speed would have done to Lugia, but it is still unfortunate =/

Hong Xiuquan switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Lugia got an encore!
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet lost 13% of its health.
---

I luck out, and MetaNite exceeds my best expectations by choosing Whirlwind, allowing my Wobbuffet to Encore his Ice Beam do to Whirlwind's negative priority. Barring an untimely freeze, his Lugia is as good as dead, now!

Oh no. I totally forgot the threat of Wobbuffet and Encore *facepalm* . I stupidetly chose Whirlwind. Ugh, this is awful. Now he can Mirror Coat my Ice Beams back until I'm dead, or worse, bring in a Taunt Calm Mind Mewtwo. I have nothing reliably stop one, only a Scarf Palkia with Outrage, but I have a feeling that wouldn't OHKO anyway.

Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet lost 12% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
Lugia lost 31% of its health.
---
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet lost 14% of its health.
Lugia lost 35% of its health.
---
MetaNite: wait a minute
MetaNite: why did encore go before I moved
Deep Thought: witness the reason why lugia use is on the decline
MetaNite: oh right
MetaNite: nevermind
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet was frozen solid!
Wobbuffet is frozen solid!

Uh-oh, this could be bad. Not only do I risk Wobbuffet being KOed before it has a chance to thaw (unlikely, but possible), I have lost a precious turn before Encore runs out. It's a race against the clock, now....

Hurray! Hopefully he'll stay frozen long enough for my Encore to wear off. I'm surprised he didn't switch out to a set up sweeper by now, or use Safeguard.

---
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet was defrosted!
Lugia lost 30% of its health.

Whew, that could have been bad. No way I am risking another freeze! I decide to set up Safeguard.

Poo, he's unfrozen. Another Mirror Coat. Perhaps he doesn't have Safeguard or something to take an Ice Beam. I guess Reach just needs to get rid of Lugia before kicking my ass with a set up sweeper.

---
Lugia used Ice Beam.
Wobbuffet lost 13% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Safeguard.
Your team became cloaked in a mystic veil!
Lugia's encore ended.

....but by spending the turn on Safeguard, Lugia's Encore runs out. I know he's going to Roost off the damage, he knows I know he's going to Roost off the damage, but there isn't anything I can do but Encore it. This is where I really wish I had a true setup sweeper.

My Encore has ended and Lugia is on low health. I could switch out as he likely Encores but I think keeping Lugia in good health is more important, and thus I roost up. Not like Wobbuffet can do any real harm to Lugia.

---
Deep Thought: ubers need moar ttar =/
Lugia used Roost.
Lugia restored 50% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Lugia got an encore!

Well, I don't have Stealth Rock up yet, and knowing that my opponent has Lugia, Stealth Rock could easily play an important role in deciding this game. Consequently, I decide to spend my free turn bringing in my Stealth Rock user, Dialga.

Much as expected. Being locked into Roost and unable to switch, nothing I can do but see what he brings in.

---
Hong Xiuquan switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Lugia used Roost.
Lugia restored 8% of its health.
---
MetaNite switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
Rain began to fall!
Dialga used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The rain continues to fall.

I am quite pleased that his switch-in turned out to be Kyogre. My Dialga is actually a mixed Life Orb attacker with max speed, so I am confident that I will at worst speed tie any non-Scarf Kyogre, and most likely outspeed it, since not very many Kyogre use max speed. Of course I still have Wobbuffet waiting in the wings, just in case this turns out to be Scarf Kyogre. I choose Draco Meteor, intent on 2HKOing Kyogre (at worst)!

I have nothing to swtich into Dialga, especially since Lugia was locked into Roost. I know Kyogre is pretty bulky on the Special side, and since his Dialga set up Stealth Rock, I expect a slow weaker Dialga, set up fodder for my Calm Mind Kyogre. I am running like 12 Speed EVs, enough to outrun Dialga who invest only 4 or 8, like I'd think a Stealth Rock Dialga would. Hopefully, a boosted Ice Beam will bring his Dialga down to low health.

---
Kyogre lost 65% of its health.
Dialga lost 10% of its health.
Kyogre used Calm Mind.
Kyogre's special attack was raised.
Kyogre's special defence was raised.
Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!

Better than I could have hoped. Outrage should make this a clean 2HKO now. Goodbye, Kyogre.

Oh shat, I was wrong. That is a fast Dialga. With Life Orb too! I hope I can get off an Ice Beam or two before dieing. He's at -2 Special Attack while I have +1 Special Defense. Unless he's got a physical attack or gets a critical hit, Kyogre should survive another turn.

---
Dialga used Outrage.
Dialga went on a rampage!
Kyogre lost 41% of its health.
MetaNite's Kyogre fainted.
(5-4)
---
Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.

Predictably, Lugia comes back in to take the Outrage. It will probably set up Reflect, so I doubt Dialga will accomplish much against Lugia at all.

Ugh. Much to my disgust, he had Outrage. What a strange Dialga. Anyway, I bring in Lugia since his Dialga is locked into Outrage. I plan to paralyze him and Roost off the damage as he probably goes back to Wobbuffet after being confused.

Lugia used Thunder Wave.
Dialga is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Dialga used Outrage.
Lugia lost 39% of its health.
Dialga's rampage ended.
Dialga became confused!

Bleh, even worse than Reflect, MetaNite paralyzes Dialga, neutralizing it somewhat as an offensive threat. Luckily, though, Dialga's rampage ends, allowing me to switch it out now. Dialga's defensive typing still makes it my best switch-in to Scizor or mono-attacking Darkrai if MetaNite turns out to have one, so Dialga is still worth having around. It makes all the sense in the world for me to switch back to Wobbuffet!

Success! It would have been better if Outrage didn't end, but that's no big deal. Again, I'd rahter have Lugia in on Wobbuffet than one of my sweepers, so I Roost up. Hopefully I'll be able to paralyze a few more Pokemon before Lugia beats the dust.

---
Lugia used Roost.

As Lugia heals on the switch, I know I will Encore the next move. I expect that MetaNite will either choose Thunder Wave or Reflect to use the turn to most benefit. If he Thunder Waves, I'll just use Safeguard again. If he uses Reflect, I'll go back to Dialga to Draco Meteor.

Ok, his Wobb is back in. I expect it to Encore. Meh. Might aswell use Whirlwind incase he tries to do something funny, but he's probably going to use Encore.

---
Deep Thought: why is it I never see good ol' specsogre anymore? ;_;
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Lugia got an encore!
Lugia used Roost.
Lugia restored 1% of its health.

MetaNite again chooses Whirlwind against Wobbuffet, causing me to Encore Roost. This is not good at all, since Draco Meteor is no longer the move to use, as Lugia will just Roost off the damage and waste Draco Meteor's precious PP in the process. I may as well set up up Safeguard now, in case one of his remaining Pokemon is Darkrai.

Locked into Roost is not nearly as bad as being locked into Ice Beam as before. This means that Reach will probably not try to Draco Meteor or Outrage me, saving me from Dialga. I'm in his mercy now.

---
Deep Thought: everyone uses CM
Lugia used Roost.
But it failed!

I need to be able to do damage (and possibly status) to Lugia if it stays in as well as threaten any Pokemon that might come in, so my best choice to come in is clearly Mewtwo. I can use Thunder to hurt and hopefully Paralyze Lugia, and if all else fails at least I can Selfdestruct, which should kill Lugia outright (my Mewtwo is a Life Orb four attacks Mewtwo).

Since I am locked into Roost, I don't really care what he does at this point. I can only hope he doesn't have a real set up sweeper waiting.

---
MetaNite: don't go by this team
Hong Xiuquan switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Lugia used Roost.
But it failed!

I want to damage either Lugia or the switch-in, adding status if at all possible. For that, the most logical choice of attacks is Thunder!

This. Is. Very. Bad. If his Mewtwo has Calm Mind it could be over. If it has Taunt and Calm Mind, it is over, as not even Lugia can paralyze it then. I think it would be best to bring in Palkia now and Outrage away as it uses Calm Mind. Although I do have some other options. I could bring in my own Mewtwo and risk the likely speed tie and use Selfdestruct (I have an all out attacking Life Orb Mewtwo), but knowing my luck, I'll lose it and die to a +1 Shadow Ball. I could also bring in my secret weapon, but I want to keep it hidden for as long as possible...

---
MetaNite: its old
MetaNite switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.
Palkia lost 12% of its health.
Mewtwo used Thunder.
Palkia lost 45% of its health.
Mewtwo lost 10% of its health.

Thunder does reasonably good damage to Palkia (though sadly, no Paralysis), but now I am stuck in a bit of a quandary. I have to expect that this is a Scarf Palkia if it is switching into Mewtwo, and at any rate I'm certain I can't KO Palkia without using Selfdestruct, which I don't want to do while MetaNite has Pokemon hidden, which could potentially be Darkrai or Shaymin-S. I haven't yet revealed my Water resist, so I don't believe MetaNite will use Surf, since he must know that I almost certainly have Palkia or Lati@s for taking Water Spouts. As such, the most reasonable move for him to use is Spacial Rend, so here comes Scizor!

I am joyed that it is not a Calm Mind Mewtwo, yet now my Scarf Palkia and I are in a bit of a predictament. Seeing as this appears to be a Life Orb Mewtwo, I will be having a hell of a time trying to find something to counter it again, seeing as Stealth Rock and another Thunder will finish off Palkia. Since I am in the Rain, I'd assume Surf will hit Mewtwo harder than Spacial Rend, and I can't really afford to keep Mewtwo alive so I need to hit it as hard as I can now. He will probably switch, but I still have Lugia as death fodder if necessary. If he does bring in a Lati@s, he'll probably Draco Meteor to kill off Lugia, meaning I bring in Mewtwo forcing a switch. Hopefully Reach will have as much of a hard time as I will trying to find a counter to Life Orb Mewtwo.

---
Hong Xiuquan switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Palkia used Surf.
Scizor lost 82% of its health.

Oof! That hurt! I can't really afford to be wrong about this Palkia being Choiced, so my best bet is to stay in now. I'm fairly sure at least that by using Bullet Punch, I can get Palkia into kill range for a Latios Grass Knot, meaning that I wouldn't need to waste the SpA by using Draco Meteor.

Great, that exceeded my expectations. Scizor is a huge pain, easily revenging Life Orb Mewtwo with U-turn, which would have forced Lugia to be taking heavy damage between that and Stealth Rock (assuming Lugia would still be alive when I brought Mewtwo in). He is probably going to Bullet Punch, and since I don't have Stealth Rock on the field, I might as well finish off his Scizor.

---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
It's not very effective...
Palkia lost 18% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Palkia used Surf.
Scizor lost 8% of its health.
Hong Xiuquan's Scizor fainted.
(4-4)
---
Deep Thought: I know, but it makes me sad not to see specs ogre any more
Hong Xiuquan switched in Latios (lvl 100 Latios ?).

Grass Knot should kill Palkia without too much trouble, now, freeing Latios to unleash a full power Draco Meteor next turn.

Ugh, Latios. Time to bring in Lugia as death fodder.

MetaNite: =(
Pointed stones dug into Lugia.
Lugia lost 25% of its health.
Latios used Grass Knot.
It's not very effective...
Lugia lost 18% of its health.

Draco Meteor would likely have 2HKOed Lugia, but I'm quite confident that I can KO it now anyway. Good bye, Lugia!

I was expecting a Thunder, but that works too! Hopefully Lugia can survive on the oncoming Draco Meteor so I can paralyze his Latios and Roost off the damage.

---
Latios used Draco Meteor.
Latios's attack missed!
Lugia used Thunder Wave.
Latios is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

This miss could not have come at a worse time. Aside from Latios itself being Paralyzed, this will allow Lugia to Roost and keep it from being KOed by Draco Meteor. Latios will not be the one to kill Lugia, I am afraid.

This is great, although I feel sorry for Reachzero =/

---
Hong Xiuquan: ugh
Lugia used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latios lost 28% of its health.
Latios used Draco Meteor.
Lugia lost 67% of its health.
Latios's special attack was harshly lowered.

Lugia will obviously Roost now, so there is little point in leaving Latios in. I may as well repeat the now-familiar cycle and go back to Wobbuffet.

I figure Lugia would survive a Draco Meteor so I might as well try and finish off Latios so Palkia has a chance to sweep with Surf. I didn't realize Lugia would do such pathetic damage to Latios. Meh, I see Wobbuffet coming back in. I'll go ahead and Roost off the damage.

---
Lugia used Roost.

I again choose Encore, the most logical move against Lugia every time. If he repeats his past pattern, he will Whirlwind, which would be rather annoying since repeated Roosting will make Lugia harder to kill.

Lugia is becoming a real pain in his side. I could use Roost, but it be easier to just use Lugia as death fodder to bring Palkia back in. He doesn't have anything to take 2 Spacial Rends now that Scizor is dead.

---
Lugia used Thunder Wave.
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Lugia got an encore!

I don't mind the Paralysis so much, since at least now I know I have a better chance to do real damage to Lugia or the switch-in. I can now bring my attacker of choice, Mewtwo, in to do its thing status free, thanks to Safeguard.

He's going to Safeguard and then probably bring in Mewtwo to 2HKO with Thunder.

---
Lugia used Thunder Wave.
But it failed!

With the threat of status safely gone, here comes Mewtwo!

Yep. Here comes in Mewtwo.

---
MetaNite: ouch
Lugia used Thunder Wave.
But it failed!

Thunder is my preferred attack here, since it does the most damage and I would appreciate very much Paralyzing Lugia or KOing Palkia.

As expected. Mewtwo will now use Thunder while I leave in Lugia to die next turn. Hopefully he'll have taken enough Life Orb damage to be killed by Palkia's Spacial Rend.

---
Mewtwo used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 50% of its health.
Lugia is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Lugia used Thunder Wave.
But it failed!

Great. MetaNite has little to gain by switching Lugia out now, but Ice Beam is slightly safer in the unlikely event of Groudon switching in to absorb a Thunder, since either will KO.

You served me well Lugia, paralyzing half of his team. Your time has come.

---
Mewtwo used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Lugia lost 41% of its health.
MetaNite's Lugia fainted.
(4-3)
---
MetaNite switched in Palkia (lvl 100 Palkia).
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Palkia.

Uh-oh. With (Scarf?) Palkia re-entering the field, it's decision time again. I absolutely can't jeopardize my last non-Paralyzed sweeper on the remote chance that Palkia is not Scarfed. If Palkia isn't Scarfed, Mewtwo can always come back in later. If it chooses Surf, Latios can come in safely. If it choose Spacial Rend, I'll revenge kill with Wobbuffet. That makes my safest move the potentially sacrificial switch to Latios.

I have a small choice to make here. Do I use Surf, or do I go for the Spaciel Rend? I'm fairly certain that Spacial Rend will kill Mewtwo and I don't want to risk Latios coming in, so Spacial Rend it is. He'll likely have something take the fall so he can bring Wobbuffet or even Dialga in to revenge kill Palkia.

Hong Xiuquan switched in Latios (lvl 100 Latios ?).
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
It's super effective!
Latios lost 72% of its health.
Hong Xiuquan's Latios fainted.
(3-3)

Latios dies, but better Latios than Mewtwo. Now at least I can check Palkia's set and deal with it. If Palkia is not Choiced, it will use Aqua Tail and 2HKO Wobbuffet rather handily; it if is choiced, Wobbuffet will kill it.

I am happy about that. Nice clean kill. Due to Stealth Rock, Palkia will die next turn it comes in.

---
Wobbuffet lost 39% of its health.
Wobbuffet is paralysed! It can't move!

I'm now certain that Palkia is Scarfed; the Full Paralysis doesn't mean much as long as it doesn't happen again. In all likelihood Mirror Coat will kill Palkia next turn.

If I'm lucky that will happen again, but I doubt it. He's going to Mirror Coat and Palkia will be defeated. That means I get to bring in my last sweeper...

---
Wobbuffet lost 43% of its health.
MetaNite's Palkia fainted.
(3-2)

---
MetaNite switched in Drapion (lvl 100 Drapion ?).
Pointed stones dug into Drapion.
Drapion lost 12% of its health.

Whoa, Drapion! I don't think I've seen one in Ubers before. I have little idea what to expect here, expect for the obvious Crunch. I'm out of Encore PP, so I can't Encore a possible Swords Dance. Going to Dialga to take the obvious Crunch is the best move here.

Wobbuffet is the perfect set up fodder for Drapion. I have a couple of options now. I can use Taunt, Crunch, or Swords Dance. I rule out Swords Dance because the threat of Encore remains. Wobbuffet being so low on health I don't think he'll switch out, but instead try to Encore whatever I do. I realize now that Crunch was the best option, but I foolishly use Crunch in hope of getting a free Swords Dance next turn to kill his Dialga.

Hong Xiuquan switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Drapion used Taunt.
Dialga fell for the taunt!

As I hoped, he wasn't aware that I had run out of Encore PP, and he apparently wasn't certain that Crunch would KO. I don't know Drapion's moveset, but I can't really switch safely to either Wobbuffet or Mewtwo, so I can really only stay in and trust Dialga's natural bulk and excellent typing. If Dialga survives, I'm very confident that Draco Meteor will OHKO Drapion.

Uh oh. I highly doubt Earthquake will kill his Dialga, but then again it does seem to be an offensive one. I am quite sure he will use Draco Meteor, and my Mewtwo certainly cannot switch into that. I can only hope Earthquake kills him.

---
Drapion used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Dialga lost 69% of its health.
Drapion lost 10% of its health.
Drapion lost 78% of its health.
MetaNite's Drapion fainted.
(3-1)
Dialga lost 1% of its health.
Hong Xiuquan's Dialga fainted.
(2-1)

Haha! I survive by 1%, and sure enough Dialga knocks out Drapion before succumbing to the drain from Life Orb. I don't know what his last Pokemon is, so Wobbuffet is a pretty solid choice to send out to discover his set. I remember that he doesn't know that I'm out of Encores, so I don't think he'll risk setting anything up.

Crap! Survived by 1% HP! Well I guess that makes up for his Latios not killing my Lugia sooner. I bring in my last Pokemon, Life Orb Mewtwo. Hopefully he sends out Wobbuffet so I don't have to blow up to kill Reach's Mewtwo (since I don't have Shadow Ball).

---
MetaNite: ugh
Deep Thought: lol metanite
MetaNite switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Pointed stones dug into Mewtwo.
Mewtwo lost 12% of its health.

Hmm, if this is Taunt/Calm Mind Mewtwo, this could be "gg". However, if I switch my own Mewtwo into an attack, the game is over for sure. My only hope, then, is for him to attack this turn. I choose Mirror Coat, half expecting to be Taunted.

Thunder is clearly my strongest move here, and I'm pretty confident it will KO his 31% HP Wobbuffet. Then it just leaves a dual to the death between Mewtwo. Too bad I don't have a Scarf Mewtwo.

Deep Thought: drapion in ubers
Mewtwo used Thunder.
Wobbuffet lost 31% of its health.
Hong Xiuquan's Wobbuffet fainted.
(1-1)

The lack of Taunt, Life Orb damage and Thunder reveals that his Mewtwo is also a Life Orb attacker, the same set as my own. That makes it very likely that we also have the same speed.

Ok, so he knows that I have the same type of Mewtwo as him. This means it's probably a coin toss for the "win." I say "win" because it will be more like a tie, since Self Destruct will kill the user as well (unless he has Shadow Ball).

---

If this were Wi-Fi, we would have to worry about Self KO Clause, but this is Shoddy Battle, so almost certainly one of us will Selfdestruct! Unless MetaNite's Mewtwo has unusual EVs, the speed tie will decide this unusual, back-and-forth game!

Mewtwo used Selfdestruct.
Mewtwo lost 78% of its health.
MetaNite's Mewtwo fainted.
(1-0)
Hong Xiuquan wins!

And there it is! Great game reachzero.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pretty good warstory, although the hax at critical moments hurt it somewhat.

Also Drapion in Ubers lol.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Drapion ha thats pretty cool.

Anyway I liked this warstory, didn't really see any grammar errors or anything. Prediction was also good from both sides.

Very nice read, glad to see an interesting match despite the initial warnings of MetaNite being an Ubers noob. He put up a good fight, despite the hax.

very nice warstory, the self-ko/speed tie ending was a bit disappointing, but it was an amazing battle none the less

I actually expected more tbh, but it was a good battle nonetheless. The whole drapion thing made me lol. GG, guys and a nice warstory.

Amazing battle and amazing warstory.

If you read this, MetaNite, what is the exact Drapion set? I know the moves, but not nature/EVs. I knlow it holds LO.

8,5/10.

wooooo drapion in ubers!

Anyway this is a great warstory.The battle and the commetary was fantasitic.Good to see commetary from both sides too :)

8.9/10

Amazing to see Drapion used in Ubers.

Good Warstory reachzero but maybe it'll be good to make Meta Nites Team at the end of the warstory. So the reader don't know the opponents team at first and it makes more fun to read the warstoy imo.

I saw this battle and it was pretty good, plus the Drapion was cool. Nice comments as I would expect from you two. Not the best warstory I've read but it was Ubers so I'll give it 8/10 :toast:.

EDIT: Why did you keep my commentary in, most of it wasn't relevant to the battle lol.

pretty good battle and nice commentary, and I didn't mind the speed tie at the end much. maybe it's just the Ubers noob in me speaking but it seemed like all the encores on Lugia were kind of wasted opportunities (since you didn't have a setup sweeper) =(.

also lol metanite

My Encore has ended and Lugia is on low health. I could switch out as he likely Encores but I think keeping Lugia in good health is more important, and thus I roost up. Not like Wobbuffet can do any real harm to Lugia.

"I realize now that Crunch was the best option, but I foolishly use Crunch in hope of getting a free Swords Dance next turn to kill his Dialga."

Umm, Taunt maybe?

Anywho, this was a good game. Aside from hax, this battle was a great duel. Although there wren't too many mindgames, it's hard to find a match with as much prediction as in standard OU in Ubers. Good warstory.

PS: Percentages would help a bunch. So will Props & Slops!

Great story, and contrary to some earlier posts I feel that the 'hax' made it that much better. Not the hax itself, but the way that both players managed to deal with it. You can complain about it until the cows come home, but showing an evolving strategy changing at otherwise crippling moments is much more interesting to read than a plan that goes by the books.

Drapion is always interesting when it shows up. Sometimes, kind of like this time, he comes and goes like nothing. But sometimes he can be the pivotal turn in a battle - so much that even the very appearance intrigues me to read further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)