A Guide to RadioSeed in HGSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Note to NixHex, from NixHex - The images are out of order, be sure to put them in order lolol. This is motivation for you to get this done sooner.

Okay i'm doing yet another article about obscure game mechanics from a million generations ago that no one will read. Actually this will be added onto the current HGSS guide so it's not a standalone article really.

By some miracle, I recently (well, some time last year) found RadioSeed.exe on the internet after losing it from my old computer. IDK where it is right now so I'll probably put it in my dropbox or something, but i'm pretty sure you can find it on google. This really is the quickest method by far of verifying and more importantly keeping track of your seed in HG/SS. With a small enough range, after 3 samples you usually have your seed pegged. It sure beats calling Elm a million times and if you're tone deaf, you don't have to rely on Chatot sounds anymore because the radio advances the frame anyway! But seriously if you're THAT tone deaf that you can't comprehend a solid Chatot cry, you should probably take up some music lessons. Anyway, enough ranting. PS this is bare bones right now, i'm kinda talking off the top of my head cause I have some stuff to do, but I'm leaving this here for now. Hopefully I can finish up before I start work =)

Verifying Your Seed With RadioSeed
-Link to RadioSeed.exe
-What's the point?
--Lets you verify your seed or track your frames much more efficiently than Elm calls. Usually three checks will do the trick. Oh yeah, and if you insist on Elm calls, it supports those too ;)

-Serial Radio Drama
-- Depends on time / day
--<in-game shot of radio station>
--Increases frame by 1

Step 1: Verifying Your Seed
  • Enter the information to generate your desired seed. Unfortunately, RadioSeed does not have an option for entering the seed directly, nor does it display your seed, so make sure this information you enter is exactly correct.
  • A range of +- 5 may be used, but if you are already very accurate with your timing, you may use a smaller range.
  • Under Mode, select Verify Seed, then click Generate. You will see your desired frame, as well as a list of surrounding frames.

• Choose one of Pokemon Search Party, Serial Radio Drama, or Professor Elm, and click Search. For this article, we will be using Serial Radio Drama.
Step 2: Tracking Your Frame

--Tracking your frame

-Pokemon Search Party
--Fewer options = less efficient search but still very efficient
--Also depends on time / day
--<insert screenshot of search window>
--<insert in-game shot of station>
--Increases frame by 1
--Verifying your seed
--Tracking your frame

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll work on it more this evening and/or tomorrow. I should actually finish cause you can get some cool, relevant legendaries this way.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Two years later and I'm "still working on it." Tomorrow night I'll copy the raw text to a pastebin. After that, I'll let you know so you can lock / move this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)