A Game Of Thrones (Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Approved by Mizuhime
A GAME OF THRONES

Source

Greetings, dear users of Smogon!
Today we celebrate the anniversary of an infamous force of nature on this website, and one that has also heavily shaped the Wi-Fi section: Nelson Tangela! As is our noble tradition, we will commemorate this special occasion with a rather unique tournament.

Prepare to see a lot of underused and underappreciated Pokemon in this competition, and learn to fear the wrath of the mighty Tangrowth!

----------

Standard Rules:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Users currently on the Wi-Fi Blacklist aren't allowed to participate.
  • The complete set of Tournament Rules can be found here.
Specific Rules:
  • The battles are 6on6, and will be played at level 50.
  • The King: Every player is required to run a Tangrowth on their team. The set is up to them, and can be changed after each round.
  • The Pawns: The other five slots are limited to Pokemon from NU and below. They can be changed after each round. All NU clauses and bans (Baton Pass, Drizzle, etc.) are in place for these slots.
  • Once a player's King is knocked out, that player automatically loses. Whatever happens subsequently in the battle doesn't influence the outcome, so either player may forfeit the battle immediately after.
Tournament procedure:
  • Match-ups will be randomly generated for each round.
  • The battles are best of 3. Changes to the team may only be made once the round has been completed.
  • This is a single elimination tournament, so only the winners may proceed to the next round.
  • In the case of a disconnection, the player who disconnected will forfeit the match, unless the winner grants a replay.
Prizes:
  • The winner of this tournament may request a custom banner drawn by either FellFromtheSky or me (Cretacerus).
  • The second place may request for a custom banner drawn by the other artist.

----------

Sign-ups will be open for around two weeks from now, to give everyone ample time to build their team. An accompanying giveaway will feature a small selection of Tangrowth and NU Pokemon, so be sure to give it a look and request for anything you might need. ;)

To sign up, simply leave a message here with your FC and IGN.

Last edited:
I'm in! :) Thanks for hosting this.

IGN: Melih FC: 4571 0863 0143

Edit: What about PU pokemons such as Drizzle Politoed, Draught Ninetales are they banned? They are PU but these abilities are banned up to UU as far as i know.

Last edited:
I'll sign up!

Can you clarify on whether the rules are intended to be just what you've mentioned? I don't see any baton pass clause. If there is any I would like to know which iteration are we playing with. Same thing with banned pokemon/abilities

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
What about PU pokemons such as Drizzle Politoed, Draught Ninetales are they banned? They are PU but these abilities are banned up to UU as far as i know.
Can you clarify on whether the rules are intended to be just what you've mentioned? I don't see any baton pass clause. If there is any I would like to know which iteration are we playing with. Same thing with banned pokemon/abilities
Alright, I edited the OP to include all the NU clauses and bans for the "Pawn" slots. That would mean no full Baton Pass and banned Abilities.

The tournament is based on the standard NU rules, with the sole exception being the "King" mechanics. ^^

------------

Here are my details:

IGN: Martin
FC: 2294 5819 8140

Last edited:
Just a suggestion; can we add "item clause" to the rules of tournament to improve variety of teams? Dont want to see 6 leftover users in one team.

Level 50, please. Cart isn't Showdown; leveling all the way up to level 100 is incredibly tedious even with Blissey Secret Bases and Rare Candies. Lvl 50 should be good enough imo.
Also yeah, I'm against imposing Cart's flat rules on this as well.

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
Just a suggestion; can we add "item clause" to the rules of tournament to improve variety of teams? Dont want to see 6 leftover users in one team.
Yeah, I chose not to include the Item Clause so as to give teams more freedom in their battle strategies and archetypes. Both offensive and defensive play should be equally viable, in my opinion. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Will this be level 50 or level 100 battles?
The giveaway Pokémon are around level 50 but NU is played with level 100 mons.
Ahh sorry, forgot to mention this in the OP. The the battles are 6on6 and will be held at Level 50, so everyone can breed their own Pokemon for battle without too much issues, as mentioned by corrin. I think that's worth deviating from the standard OU format a bit. ^^

been meaning to ask this but always forgot:
when will be the actual date and time of the tournament? will it be over more days and we schedule a time with our opponent?

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
been meaning to ask this but always forgot:
when will be the actual date and time of the tournament? will it be over more days and we schedule a time with our opponent?
Yes, there will be around one week time every round to schedule a match with your opponent, so the exact date and time is flexible as long as you meet the deadline. The number of rounds depends on how many participants we have.

count me in as a sub(i'm not that great battler and this is my first tournament) and also i really relies heavily on this thread to build team.

IGN: Geovano
FC : 4957 6373 7948

Yes, there will be around one week time every round to schedule a match with your opponent, so the exact date and time is flexible as long as you meet the deadline. The number of rounds depends on how many participants we have.
great then write me up aswell, atleast i fight in the same rank as si.tole :D

IGN: Marine
FC: 3926-4978-8044

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)