Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Foul Play currently doesn't factor in Huge Power.

0- Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 57-67 (14.3 - 16.8%) -- possible 6HKO <-- this one has Huge Power
+2 0- Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 114-134 (28.6 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO <-- this one has +2 boost on Azumarill to attack to simulate Huge Power, and removed the ability.

If Huge Power was considered in the calc, the calcs would be identical, but this is not the case.

Please add
- Electric Terrain
- Grassy Terrain
- Metronome (Item)
- Mud Sport
- Water Sport
- Gravity/ Smack Down/ Miracle Eye/ Odor Sleuth/ Foresight

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please add
- Electric Terrain
- Grassy Terrain
- Metronome (Item)
- Mud Sport
- Water Sport
- Gravity/ Smack Down/ Miracle Eye/ Odor Sleuth/ Foresight
Gravity/Smack Down and Foresight/Odor Sleuth are already there with obvious buttons for them. The rest of these things are never useful in competitive battles and are therefore very low priority as I said in a reply to you on the previous page. I may eventually add the terrains and Metronome for completeness but it will be when all of the other work I want to do on the calc is done.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey I was wondering, is there any "Mass Damage Calculator" for XY like there was in BW?
Thanks for all the hard work, anyways, the Damage Calculator is really something important for a battler, at least imo.

GSC pre-loaded sets that have Hidden Power on them don't use the correct DVs for that set (with the exception of Marowak). If, for example, I pick "RestTalk Zapdos" (which has Hidden Power Ice), it loads with all DVs at 15 (whereas in fact that set has to use a Defense DV of 13, to get Hidden Power Ice) and you have to adjust them manually to get correct damage calculations against it. And if I pick "Curse Sweeper Machamp" (which has Hidden Power Bug), then it again loads with all DVs at 15, while in fact it has to use a 13 DV for both Attack and Defense, screwing up both sides of the damage calculator. I can understand if it's too much work to make manual selection of Hidden Power automatically adjust the DVs, but pre-loaded sets should have the correct DVs or they're highly misleading.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He's probably referring to the EVs all being 0. The analysis for that set used a slightly different format for the EVs which caused my overly strict parser to skip them when importing the set. I'll fix it tonight.

In damage calculator, could be useful keep last Pokémon selected in combobox, when you want change the Pokémon filter. In this way, it would be user-friendly choice other 'mon set, if it's loaded.

Furthermore, there aren't pokemon set which use Freeze-Dry (e.g. Cryogonal).

By the way, I like your damage calculator, it's really useful. I'm a "old programmer". If I can help you to test, custom some code....I'm available.

I don't know if this was already reported but whatever

Freeze-Dry damage doesn't count its super-effectiveness against water type so it looks that:
40 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 36-43 (11.8 - 14.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

while it should be

40 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 148-174 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

sorry if this has already been asked but why is blast burn unavailable for Mega Charizard Y or any pokemon for that matter?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
if it's not an option it simply wasn't added, the point of the calc is to use sets that exist on the pokedex, no pokemon uses blast burn in its competitive analysis ergo there's no reason to add it to the calculator

and you can always just change fire blast from 120 bp to 150 for the same effect

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is there a place or someone that I can notify of where Pokemon have either a bad set or no set in the calculator? For example, I play NU a lot and the only Hariyama set is a doubles trick room set missing all of its EVs, and the standard set this gen is assault vest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)