1. The moderators of this forum are Nexus, .com, religiousjedi, shiny finder, and TheMantyke.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Princess Emily

Princess Emily Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

Is the Dream Radar searching still broken for RNG Reporter?
    It still says "Searched: 0 & Found: 0" even after several minutes.

I don't have a Mac, so I can't use PPRNG :(

I hope Dream Radar searching will be fixed on RNG Reporter's next update after 10.2
  2. shiny finder

shiny finder I will travel across the land, searching far and wide...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Yes, afaik. It looks like admiral_fish has largely moved over to developing a cross-platform "RNG Reporter" (PokeFinder) too, so I'm not sure how far down the line it may be fixed (if ever).

In the meantime, you can search for seeds like normal using the capture tab and adjust the IV frames accordingly.

resources (open)
  3. Princess Emily

Princess Emily Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

Already tried searching manually, but it takes forever & my hands are getting crampy :(

So does it mean fixing the Dream Radar searching will not happen anytime?
  4. shiny finder

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, finding results can take forever when you're looking for good IVs haha. Despite both not giving you anything, I'd just stick with the capture tab and let it churn for a while.

"Anytime" is a bit strong, but I have no idea how long it may be nor how high up it's on the dev's priority list. Even it if does come to fruition, it would only be a convenience since you can do everything without it, just with a bit more manual effort (edit: in case you're worried it can't be done now)
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  5. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

Yeah, the Dev has completely stopped working on reporter (bar bugfixes and merging pull requests), and i remember him saying that the gen 5 code was too messy to try and fix, and that he'd be rewriting it from scratch in pokefinder.
    If the resources that ShinyFinder linked don't work for you, I made a spreadsheet calculator a few years ago to help out with dream radar abuse on reporter. Alternatively, I have a friend with PPRNG who often runs dream radar seeds for me, so if you PM/VM me your parameters, the spreads/natures that you want and the mons that you want them on then I'd be happy to get him to find you some seeds.
  6. FrenchGaudi

FrenchGaudi

Hello here once again, i need help. How do you insert a gba game in desmume? It's for the Ruby Pak Nuzleaf...
  7. FrenchGaudi

FrenchGaudi

Hello i have some troubleshooting regarding 5th gen raoming rng, i play movie like usual and whatever i do it display this seed:

F40A41801C810216

I try to hit this seed with RNG Reporter and Desmume 09.10 dev:

2A406031A90BB40C

But i can't!!! I have calibrate my profile like Pokerng says but nothing works please help me!

Do i have to change of emulator? DO i have to change some settings? Thanks
  8. shiny finder

I can't speak to the emulator or settings, but if you hit a seed successfully in the past, then you should be able to hit it now with the same emu. Double-check that you're using the correct date/time and pressing the keypresses (think those are still a thing on an emulator). Make sure you don't turn on the C-gear as well. I suppose it's also possible that the Lua is just displaying the wrong seed. That could be checked by capturing the roamer and comparing its IVs to the ones listed for the seed displayed (F40A41801C810216) via the main window (Method: Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed), Encounter Type: Roaming Pokemon).

You might also try seeing if that seed is listed among the adjacents. You can check that from the main window via 5th Gen Tools > Adjacent Seed Tool. Enter the info for the seed you are trying to hit and see if the other one appears in the list of results. It doesn't always work, but that might let you know if you're off by a second or two.

There very well could be an underlying issue with the Lua script/emu version, but I'm afraid I'm not sure. Those possible issues aside, missing a seed usually boils down to wrong date/time/keypresses/parameters.
  9. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

Expanding on the above, it would be a good idea to ensure that "Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing" is checked and "Use Dynamic Recompiler" is unchecked in Config -> Emulation Settings. Only thing that I could think of that may affect the seeding of an emu other than what SF mentioned above.
  10. FrenchGaudi

FrenchGaudi

Thanks to youp both i'll give it a try and it tell you if that worked!
  11. Zerox27

Zerox27

Is this the place to talk about Gen 7 RNG? I'm trying to RNG a Tapu Fini with HP Fire.
  12. shiny finder

<Totes> and Zerox27 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)