SM OU 2nd RMT, Pinsir offense

Introduction

**So, decided to post this. I was really wanting to use Mamo and Pinsir together, since their types and coverage are really nice. Here's what I came up with**

Teambuilding Process

**Mega Pinsir is an insane mon, SD with aerilate and priority is super good, even if lele is running around.**

**Pinsir is a monster, but one thing he struggles with is steel types, such as Scizor and Skarmory. Added Mag to eliminate that factor.**

**Mamo is the main reason I made the team, it's type combo hits so many things this gen with high reliability**

**So I noticed that, other than 105 base, the team was looking pretty slow, so I added Ash Gren as a sort of speed control and a way to weaken teams for Pinsir to come in**

**I added ferro for rocks, and the knock off. It's a good utility spot, and rocks really helps secure KOs**

**So I noticed that hazards are super annoying for the team, and have really wanted to use Latias with healing wish for quite some time.**

The Team

PinSire (Pinsir-Mega) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
**Pinsire is my set up and go mon, with it's priority and close combat for some coverage.**

Danger Zone (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
**Mag provides momentum, and traps in things that give Pinsir a hard time, as well as checking Lele, who gives Pinsir a rought time. It can also take on Diancie to some degree, and Koko as well.**

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
**Mamo is a fantastic breaker, and works well with Pinsir to weaken and beat teams. This one has knock off for baiting in Skarmory, and then knocking possible shed shells off.**

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
**Gren is a super fast, dangerous, and reliable mon. While it doesn't always shine, it's ability to severely weaken teams and scare lando or other physical checks out is useful**

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
**Ferro is really just here for rocks and as a utility mon. With Knock Off and Leech, it can pretty easily wear down some bulkier mons, as well as take hits from a ton of mons and shrug them off.**

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
**Latios is super cool, and I wish it was seen more often. Added this particular set because the ability to both remove hazards and heal any member of the party up helps the mons on the team crack teams open**

Conclusion

**Well, that's my team. Hope I didn't mess it up too bad, this is only my second time posting a RMT, so feedback is really appreciated**

PinSire (Pinsir-Mega) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Danger Zone (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:]

I would suggest Jolly nature for Mamoswine to outspeed timid heatran.

Along with u-turn over Ice Beam on Greninja. Ice beam is usually for Bulu, but most are AV nowadays, so u-turn for momentum into Pinsir is usually better.

A really nice team. The offensive core looks pretty good.
I suggest Earthquake in Pinsir over Close Combat for Koko or Diance switchs and others mons like Magearna (Fightinium SG is a problem for your team)
Spikes Greninja really helps Pinsir to achieves kills and sweeps

(Sorry for my bad english)

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)