2016 musics

what are people using now that what is gone
waffles.ch should be back soon, but i'd rather put time and effort into a new pure-Gazelle tracker.

so far, there's been rumors of a BTN staffer working on something, but i haven't gotten into the IRC channel yet to see if that's all just hearsay.

uzi came out with another tape today (third one this year p sure lol), collab with gucci. uzis on p much all the hooks with gucci p much just popping in at the last verse, which is the same formula for every song lol. not that id expect anything different though, i guess. prob my least fav tape by him since guwop p much always feels out of place but secure the bag is great

gambino album coming out soon as well, looking forward to that although i didnt like me and your mama that much

i think gambino is sorta taking a different direction with this album. it's more r&b than rap. also another song on the album was released, Redbone. i prefer it over Me and Your Mama if you wanna give it a listen.
i gave it a listen, it was alright. its not something id have on repeatbut its kind of a funky song, which i feel like is more common these days but donald takes somewhat of a different angle which aint a bad thing i guess. given the song and me and your mama i doubt itll be like his past works which idk how to feel about. iunno i guess we'll see where it goes, not too much else in terms of rap releases this year aside from the drake project which i hope will at least be better than views, and the potential yachty album? that would definitely be sick. at the very least the year ended off on a high note with tribe i think

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what are people using now that what is gone
waffles.ch should be back soon, but i'd rather put time and effort into a new pure-Gazelle tracker.

so far, there's been rumors of a BTN staffer working on something, but i haven't gotten into the IRC channel yet to see if that's all just hearsay.
Not posting a direct link but Xanax is a new music tracker that is running Gazelle (it's basically a carbon copy of What) and is doing open sign ups. I joined and will see how it goes.

Not posting a direct link but Xanax is a new music tracker that is running Gazelle (it's basically a carbon copy of What) and is doing open sign ups. I joined and will see how it goes.
xanax/apollo is gross. open sign-ups are gross. they're a mess and i'll pass.

same with nostream, what a joke.

passtheheadphones is looking really really nice though, staff seems to know their shit.

also you won't post a link to xanax but you have links to 4 illegal trackers in your sig?

nice one.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
xanax/apollo is gross. open sign-ups are gross. they're a mess and i'll pass.

same with nostream, what a joke.

passtheheadphones is looking really really nice though, staff seems to know their shit.

also you won't post a link to xanax but you have links to 4 illegal trackers in your sig?

nice one.
Totally forgot about sigs since I turned them off ha

been bumping this guy hard for a little bit. a combo of trap and vaporwave. great study music. i've heard we're worried about u and safety. the former is more dope.

It's the end of November 2016, Plaga's been inactive on social media for more than a year and their sophomore album is nowhere to be found. Band still listed as active on metal-archives so I'm not losing hope.

In other news, I finally listened to Polar Similar. It's nowhere close to Wrongdoers.

Update on Epitaphs: it IS as good as Void Mother

I've mostly been trying to play catchup these past few weeks, I swear I'll stop being lazy with new stuff in 2017

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

RTJ has gone gold status (literally) and is confirmed to be dropping January 13th!

A third single's been released to celebrate the announcement (and imo the strongest of those shown so far):

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How is Gambino's new album? Currently at work so I can't listen to it atm but apparently it's going away from the corny rap shit? this year kinda feels flat for me so I hope this one isn't too bad. Not a huge fan of gambino but this year overall has been pretty meh for me

The new gambino album is funky af and wild and all over the place and man does it take you to a new world. I was honestly not hype for this album at all knowing that there wouldn't be any rap, but my God this album is amazing. The more you listen to it, the more you can appreciate it. Also, Ludwig Goransson, the producer of the album, is fantastic and makes the songs sound so layered and full and just ridiculously wild!

If you have not listened to this album yet, you should totally give it a go. Just sit down for 50 minutes and truly listen and take in the sounds that you are hearing.

have not given a full listen to the gambino album yet but i will do so sooner or later this week.

the new weeknd album wasnt stellar for me, didnt like any of the tracks goin in the first time but after listening reminder rockin secrets and sidewalks are really good tracks. starboy is a good lead song as well.

not expecting much from j cole but i have yet to listen to the kanye diss track either.....was not a fan in particular of his last album aside from wet dreamz so maybe he'll change my mind this time around

I'm a big CG fan so I held off on making this until he dropped his latest. Here's my top 5 AOTY.

1. Bon Iver - 22, A Million
2. James Blake - The Colour In Anything
3. Mitski - Puberty 2
4. Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
5. A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It from Here... Thank You 4 Your Service

Honorable mentions:

Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered (I don't consider it an album, but if I did it would be in my top 5).
Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!"

2017 Albums of the Year:

Run The Jewels - RTJ3
The xx - I See You

hubris - oren ambrachi
highly recommended lp for fans of experimental music, specifically krautrock and minimalism.

8 days til floss season bois, ik RODAN!!! gotta be stoked but the rest u of into that trve hip hop should be too. fwiw, gambino project was above average (someone should be fired over the vocal performance on california tho, real talk), and i think I've been sleepin on ambrachi for a lil too long, cuz the snippets I've caught have been intriguing. flume did an ep that was alright too, if ur on the wonky electro kick (I am generally, but idk, felt a lil more tame and controlled than I'd like of music in that vein).

also, bonito generation is building to my pop aoty lmao. thought it was bullshit first listen, but it's just so bright and earnestly fun, it's nuts dude. give it a look-see if u can take on music that doesn't take itself too seriously.

comments on how off-base the Grammys are??? feel like rock is the bit that's on the biggest decline, but there's always stuff to be at odds with

what's the point in even talking about the grammys? we know they suck. why are we surprised when they suck more or less than normal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)