2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised at the Cech signing. It's very unlike Wenger to give up on one of his young players like Szczesny after showing so much faith. It's also unlike him to sign another goalkeeper a year after he signed Ospina. I think this means he really is going for it this year. This would strengthen us so much in that position! Although it would be weird seeing Cech line up for us.

Also Marca says Vidal is a done deal for Arsenal... My friend (who is a West Ham fan and doesn't even like Arsenal) is gonna bet on Arsenal winning the league. I'm not as confident, I think we need a top class centre forward or Walcott and Welbeck need to become world class suddenly.

I'm really surprised at the Cech signing. It's very unlike Wenger to give up on one of his young players like Szczesny after showing so much faith. It's also unlike him to sign another goalkeeper a year after he signed Ospina. I think this means he really is going for it this year. This would strengthen us so much in that position! Although it would be weird seeing Cech line up for us.

Also Marca says Vidal is a done deal for Arsenal... My friend (who is a West Ham fan and doesn't even like Arsenal) is gonna bet on Arsenal winning the league. I'm not as confident, I think we need a top class centre forward or Walcott and Welbeck need to become world class suddenly.
if we get vidal and another quality center back, have walctt stay healthy all year, and have coquelin play even better this year then arsenal can win the league

Vidal is cool and all, but i won't be upset whatsoever if we don't get him. completely fine with Coquelin even tho he is def not as refined.

We need a Mertesacker replacement so fucking bad.. he's an eyesore. Also want Welbeck to turn it up and really shine. Giroud has so much potential to be the guy up top.. but he fluffs so many chances and it drives me mad.

Rewatched the FA Cup final today just to see the Sanchez goal again.. the announcers didn't give it justice. It deserved the fans invading the pitch and flipping shit. It seemed so timid at the time.

Amazing how fsr the tabloid equivalents of other countires (Bild, Marca) are treated as the final word here. They are both trash like the Metro, and really every british paper now. Not saying they are wrong in this case I have no idea how far along Arsenal are with Vidal.

The Cech signing really is excellent, I think it's a case of; a player this good has become available and has expressed willingness to join. You just cannot pass up an opportunity like that even if it means stepping on Ospina who hasn't been bad.

Argentina mi buen amigo esta campaña volveremos a estar contigo te alentaremos de corazon esta es tu hinchada qe te qiere ver campeon no me importa lo qe digan lo qe digan los demass yo te sigo a todas partes cada vez te quiero mas

So barca just had an 80 million euro bid for pogba rejected. How do you united fans feel about letting pogba go for free? Raphael was a much better choice at defensive mid against blackburn anyways...

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Great first Sterling, now him. They're good but come the fuck on.
Why is every club trying to pull a Gareth Bale with their half baked stars?

Great first Sterling, now him. They're good but come the fuck on.
Why is every club trying to pull a Gareth Bale with their half baked stars?
They do it because there are people with the money and the lack of brains who will actually pay that much for the players

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
https://vine.co/v/e1E9FWvTMBL

lo(l)vely 'panenka', gratz to chile

I have some sympathy for argentina, sure they missed their kicks, but there was nothing to be done against Chile's superb penalties. Thus in hindsight it appears that they were never going to win that shootout.

ss234

bop.
ngl I really wanted chelsea to sign Turan. He would've provided great cover for Oscar in the middle and Willian on the right. I kinda get why Barca signed him as he gives them huge midfield depth but imo they would've been better off getting a proper central midfielder like Verratti. I guess this kills off a Pogba deal though, at least for this year.

EDIT: A Verratti deal looks very unlikely especially with him not being able to play for the first half of the season but stranger things have happened. It doesn't have to be Verratti of course, just a different high quality central midfielder instead of Turan who is more of an attacking mid.

Last edited:
ngl I really wanted chelsea to sign Turan. He would've provided great cover for Oscar in the middle and Willian on the right. I kinda get why Barca signed him as he gives them huge midfield depth but imo they would've been better off getting a proper central midfielder like Verratti. I guess this kills off a Pogba deal though, at least for this year.
but psg would never have sold verratti. Also with pirlo gone and vidal maybe out the door, Pogba is going to cost a ton and then some to get

Turan is better then Willian and Oscar by a mile, doesn't really fit in at Barca though, Koke is the guy they need and he would cost less then Pogba or Verratti.

Turan is better then Willian and Oscar by a mile, doesn't really fit in at Barca though, Koke is the guy they need and he would cost less then Pogba or Verratti.
true, or they could have kept fabregas/bought him a year or 2 later. He was meant to be the xavi and iniesta replacement but I think he was brought in too early

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fabregas got tactically spoiled in England. It's impossible ti implement him in the cm of a possessionn play site

Fabregas got tactically spoiled in England. It's impossible ti implement him in the cm of a possessionn play site
he is skilled enough to be put in there, the problem was barca's midfield was already full so he was forced up top and ultimately put on the bench. If he had transfered after the 12/13 season he would be fitting into that midfield perfectly with rakitic and iniesta but instead they went with turan, who doesnt look like a good fit but barca has been known to change positions of talented players and make it work. For example see the barca center back situation

Mascherano is a poor cb lol. Barcelona decend from the front leaving Masch as a bit of last resort wrecking ball. Watch the final vs juventus he had big problems vs morata because juventus were able to get passed the press a few times. It works fine though since barca are so good at what they do.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's not about skill, it's about match intelligence and movement. I don't think he's capable of playing that properly, which is the reason why he was/is playing as a striker in barca and la furia roja. He clearly can't be a xavi replacement, because you won't learn the essentialy stuff when moving to england to early

Also agreeing with tml, Barca isn't defending the box very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)