1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Stakataka: C ---> C-
The only reason this was ranked this high at all was because I swooped in while everyone was mercilessly bashing it and overhyped it as a meme at the last minute. Aside from the ability to cteam Kyurem-Black and Aegislash, it really is just a worse Mega Aggron. i still think it's cool in other formats tho, ou otr is still the goat

Pinsir-Mega: A ---> A-
I've tried this once, and I'll try it again. Mega Pinsir is not A worthy. It loses to 6/8 of A- while 50/50ing against one, 5/8 of A, half of A+, and both S ranks. If it's A, it's undoubtedly the worst A rank.

Buzzwole: B- ---> B
The reason I'm nomming Buzzwole up is because of this EndureSalac set I made, which is capable of circumventing many of Buzzwole's conventional checks, such as Zard X and Y (Prediction needed vs sub), some Kyu-B variants, Genesect, Hoopa-U, Archeops (Scarf Fly is not a set), Alolan Marowak and Meloetta. Try it out, it's pretty rad.

Jumpluff: B ---> B+
This mon is way better than people give it credit for. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever I make a team, it seems solid at first, only for me to then realize a few moments later "Wait, shit, this loses to Jumpluff". It's hilarious how much this monster invalidates. Thanks to infiltrator, not even Sub users are safe. And with the addition of Strength Sap in USUM, it only got better, now being able to use a Z-Strength Sap set to cause even more havoc.
Agree with Stakataka and Mega Pinsir dropping (to C- and A-, respectively). A couple more noms:

Mega Swampert B > B-
Mega Swampert is okay, but nothing more. Things that it wants to beat like Kyurem-B and Porygon-Z can simply opt to run a boosting item (Icium Z/Choice Specs) in place of a scarf and it can no longer deal with the raw damage. Yet others like Mimikyu and Gyarados have options like Curse and Taunt that it can't cope with. I guess my point is just that while it can check a whole lot of things, it has a hard time countering much.

Pheromosa B- > C+

Pheromosa has some good stuff in terms of raw offensive presence, but things it conventionally checks can just slap on a Choice Scarf and get an easy OHKO while less speedy mons generally have the bulk to tank a hit. Its bulk just sucks so bad.

Meloetta B+ > B
As great as Meloetta is at beating broken Pokemon like Lunala and Marshadow, it doesn't fare too well in the current meta. The increasing popularity of Substitute forces it to play 50/50s while its typing and bulk are far less impressive than has shown in the past.

Mega Camerupt C- > C+
As Gross Sweep was talking about, a new set can result in a drastic increase in viability in a short period of time in 1v1. I think that this set is a good example of this:
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ancient Power
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Yawn
- Protect

Non-Band Kyurem-B (Icium can play around Protect but they usually don't expect it], Mega Charizard X, Tapu Koko, Mega Metagross, Tapu Koko, Mega Aggron, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Lopunny, Magearna, Mega Mawile, Mimikyu, Non-Flail Mega Pinsir, Aegislash, Magnezone, Mega Venusaur (if running Fire Blast), Genesect, Mega Heracross, Naganadel, Ferrothorn, Mega Gardevoir, Jirachi, Kartana, Mega Sableye, Sawk

Mega Gyarados, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Landorus-T, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Mega Slowbro, Zygarde, Mega Altaria, Mega Blaziken, Donphan, Garchomp, Golem, Greninja, Meloetta, Primarina, Tapu Fini, Mega Blastoise, Chansey, Heatran, Jumpluff, Mega Swampert, Mega Tyranitar

Edit: Forgot about Mega Garchomp. I'd like to see it ranked somewhere in the C range, but I've never used it myself so I can't say with any certainty. I wouldn't necessarily oppose anywhere in between D and B-. Also, Jumpluff to B+ is good with me, but I think Buzzwole is at home in B-.

Last edited:
Mega Abomasnow C- --> D
Abomasnow may have some good coverage and strong attacks such as snow warning --> blizzard, but it's too slow to be any threat. Its defensive typing is one of the worst in the game, and it can be taken down rather easily.

Aron D --> Do not use
The Lv1 Aron is super known by now, and most teams have a way around it. Ghost types can force a loss (endeavor can't hit them) and steel types can avoid sandstorm + toxic damage. It can still beat choice item mons but so can nosepass. I really think this thing belongs with his other Lv1 friends and Shedinja.

Pineco Unranked --> Do not use
I know this is a bit useless for now, but in basic words its a nosepass that can hit steel types with sand tomb.

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
Mega Abomasnow C- --> D
Abomasnow may have some good coverage and strong attacks such as snow warning --> blizzard, but it's too slow to be any threat. Its defensive typing is one of the worst in the game, and it can be taken down rather easily.

Aron D --> Do not use
The Lv1 Aron is super known by now, and most teams have a way around it. Ghost types can force a loss (endeavor can hit them) and steel types can avoid sandstorm + toxic damage. It can still beat choice item mons but so can nosepass. I really think this thing belongs with his other Lv1 friends and Shedinja.

I know this is a bit useless for now, but in basic words its a nosepass that can hit steel types with sand tomb.
i agree w/ pineco to DNU, but aron is the best FEAR rn in 1v1 and should keep it's niche in D rank

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Mega Abomasnow C- --> D

Aron D --> Do not use
The Lv1 Aron is super known by now, and most teams have a way around it. Ghost types can force a loss (endeavor can hit them) and steel types can avoid sandstorm + toxic damage. It can still beat choice item mons but so can nosepass. I really think this thing belongs with his other Lv1 friends and Shedinja.

Pineco to do not use is okay, but I think the other two are justified. Mega Abomasnow is a great Mega Gyarados, Tapu Koko, Zygarde, Donphan and Tapu Fini check.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Porygon2 D -> something better just not D, D is bad like porygon2 is too good for D
usher (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Foul Play
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Recover

This is my favorite Porygon2 set, it uses Reflect + Eviolite to basically wall physical threats which are everywhere in 1v1.

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 235-277 (62.8 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2 through Reflect: 71-84 (18.9 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO

you get the deal, just spam recover and foul play

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 97-115 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2 through Reflect: 48-57 (12.8 - 15.2%) -- possible 7HKO

spam a cluster of reflect, discharge, and recover - watch out for taunt variants though

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 151-178 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
foul play recover ok

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 123-145 (32.8 - 38.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 158-188 (52.4 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 183-216 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

even w/ attack raise turn 1, still fails to ko and p2 just foul play

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron-Mega: 55-65 (15.9 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO

usually a w against curse, but if aggron uses toxic u click that x

Kyurem-Black
Gyarados-Mega (no taunt
Charizard-Mega-X
Metagross-Mega
Aggron (no toxic)
Mimikyu
Pinsir-Mega
Aegislash
Landorus-Therian
Magnezone
Porygon-Z (choiced)
Zygarde-Complete (using ice beam)
Altaria-Mega (using ice beam)
Donphan
Garchomp
Golem
Greninja
Naganadel
Primarina (using discharge)
Tapu Fini (using discharge)
Blastoise-Mega (using discharge)
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Jirachi
Jumpluff
Kartana
Swampert-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega
Carracosta
Crustle
Gengar-Mega
Latios
Zygarde-10%
Archeops
Avalugg
Landorus (ice beam)
Marowak-Alola
Tapu Bulu (ice beam)
Victini
Blaceaphlon
Excadrill
Relicanth
Stakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakaka
Thundurus-Therian (ice beam)
Abomasnow-Mega (physical)
Barbaracle
Sceptile-Mega (ice beam)

Porygon2 is a solid 'mon overall, to be honest I want it to at least move up to C.

Other Options

Magic Coat (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Foul Play

-basically is a breaker of pokemon like Celesteela or other Porygon2

bye

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Porygon2 D -> something better just not D, D is bad like porygon2 is too good for D
usher (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 100 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Reflect
- Foul Play
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Recover

This is my favorite Porygon2 set, it uses Reflect + Eviolite to basically wall physical threats which are everywhere in 1v1.

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 235-277 (62.8 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2 through Reflect: 71-84 (18.9 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO

you get the deal, just spam recover and foul play

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 97-115 (25.9 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Crunch vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2 through Reflect: 48-57 (12.8 - 15.2%) -- possible 7HKO

spam a cluster of reflect, discharge, and recover - watch out for taunt variants though

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 151-178 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
foul play recover ok

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 123-145 (32.8 - 38.7%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 158-188 (52.4 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 183-216 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

even w/ attack raise turn 1, still fails to ko and p2 just foul play

0- Atk Porygon2 Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aggron-Mega: 55-65 (15.9 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO

usually a w against curse, but if aggron uses toxic u click that x

Kyurem-Black
Gyarados-Mega (no taunt
Charizard-Mega-X
Metagross-Mega
Aggron (no toxic)
Mimikyu
Pinsir-Mega
Aegislash
Landorus-Therian
Magnezone
Porygon-Z (choiced)
Zygarde-Complete (using ice beam)
Altaria-Mega (using ice beam)
Donphan
Garchomp
Golem
Greninja
Naganadel
Primarina (using discharge)
Tapu Fini (using discharge)
Blastoise-Mega (using discharge)
Ferrothorn
Heatran
Jirachi
Jumpluff
Kartana
Swampert-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega
Carracosta
Crustle
Gengar-Mega
Latios
Zygarde-10%
Archeops
Avalugg
Landorus (ice beam)
Marowak-Alola
Tapu Bulu (ice beam)
Victini
Blaceaphlon
Excadrill
Relicanth
Stakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakakakakakakakakakakkakakakakakaka
Thundurus-Therian (ice beam)
Abomasnow-Mega (physical)
Barbaracle
Sceptile-Mega (ice beam)

Porygon2 is a solid 'mon overall, to be honest I want it to at least move up to C.

Other Options

Magic Coat (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
- Foul Play

-basically is a breaker of pokemon like Celesteela or other Porygon2

bye
Yeah I agree with you pqs, p2 is a solid mon overall and can easily tank hits and return damage off. I agree with C rank because it can be used effectively and is great against most physical attacks (barring powerful fighting types like Sawk). I wouldn't say anything above C bcz it loses to M venusuar and fast strong special attackers like psychium lele or zard y. So I agree with the nomination of C for Porygon2.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Gardevoir-Mega: B ---> B+

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 120 HP / 116 Def / 56 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice

This is what I consider to be the definitive set. First off, this hard counters all Kyurem-Black sets with the exceptions of Adamant Scarf and Roseli Berry, both of which are in "other" on the set usage stats. In addition, this set can take on nearly every Sturdy, Greninja, and so much more. Taunt lets it deal with FEAR and set-up, and Will-O is for the aforementioned Sturdies, Lando-T, Gyarados. More importantly, some meta shifts have really made Gardevoir a much nicer Pokemon. It checks Necrozma and Zygarde-C, both of which have become much more prominent in the tier, and if Jirachi leaves, then it'll only help it more, as one of its counters will be gone.

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Blacephalon: C ----> C+, at least.
I know Blacephalon isnt the best mon in 1v1 since it loses to most sturdy mons and other faster mons but, Blace can also beat many "top tier" mons like porygon-Z, Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Magearna, Jirachi, and Mega Metagross. I dont want it to rise any higher than B imo but, I think Blacephalon is due for a rise.

Landon

im in that tonka

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice

This is what I consider to be the definitive set. First off, this hard counters all Kyurem-Black sets with the exceptions of Adamant Scarf and Roseli Berry, both of which are in "other" on the set usage stats. In addition, this set can take on nearly every Sturdy, Greninja, and so much more. Taunt lets it deal with FEAR and set-up, and Will-O is for the aforementioned Sturdies, Lando-T, Gyarados. More importantly, some meta shifts have really made Gardevoir a much nicer Pokemon. It checks Necrozma and Zygarde-C, both of which have become much more prominent in the tier, and if Jirachi leaves, then it'll only help it more, as one of its counters will be gone.
I also agree that Gardevoir-Mega should be moved from B ---> B+

EVs: 72 HP / 212 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice

This is MY go to set. Like YD said, the fact that this beats any viable/used Kyurem-Black set is great! The evs allow it to tank a Adamant Kyurem-Black Iron Head. With it's speed it outspeeds Mimikyu, so it's able to pick off curse variants. Will-O-Wisp lets it beat about every sturdy except Magnezone, Crustle and sometimes Carracosta. Wisp also lets it take on specially bulky Dragonite. With Calm Mind it is able to beat CM Lele and Fini, Slowbro-M, Meloetta and Primarina. Some top tier mons it can beat: Greninja, Landorus-T, almost every Dragon type, Blaziken-M, Blastoise-M, Sawk and many more! You can add Psychic if your wanting to beat Venusaur-M. Taunt is also another move option.

Sarah (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Encore

This is a fun set IC made that allows it to beat Zard X most of the time.
Zard X -> DD, Garde-M -> Encore, followed by TR then spam attacks.

EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 152 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Hyper Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Here is a alternate set with Psychic and evs to tank a Scarf Porygon-Z's, Modest Hyper Beam.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice

Yes to a rise, no to that set. Here's one that counters even Adamant Scarf Kyurem and also beats Primarina, Meloetta and Tapu Fini:

EVs: 56 HP / 236 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice / Uproar
- Calm Mind

Blacephalon: C ----> C+, at least.
I know Blacephalon isnt the best mon in 1v1 since it loses to most sturdy mons and other faster mons but, Blace can also beat many "top tier" mons like porygon-Z, Mega Slowbro, Snorlax, Magearna, Jirachi, and Mega Metagross. I dont want it to rise any higher than B imo but, I think Blacephalon is due for a rise.
It beats all of those, sure... Then again, so does Alolan Marowak, who is rightfully a subrank higher. Blacephalon loses to both S ranks which sucks. In my eyes, Blacephalon oftentimes just struggles to find a niche among the other Fire types in the tier. There's Mega Charizard X (God), Mega Charizard Y (Stronger and bulkier than Blacephalon), Blaziken (Speed Boost+Fighting STAB), Heatran (Charizard, Metagross and Kyub check), Alolan Marowak (alternative and arguably better Fire/Ghost type), Victini (better suicide nuke), Volcarona (God #2) and Infernape (Fake Out). Blacephalon C > C.

e: Oh yeah, and Porygon2 can rise for sure. I nominate it for C.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Yes to a rise, no to that set. Here's one that counters even Adamant Scarf Kyurem and also beats Primarina, Meloetta and Tapu Fini:

EVs: 56 HP / 236 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice / Uproar
- Calm Mind

It beats all of those, sure... Then again, so does Alolan Marowak, who is rightfully a subrank higher. Blacephalon loses to both S ranks which sucks. In my eyes, Blacephalon oftentimes just struggles to find a niche among the other Fire types in the tier. There's Mega Charizard X (God), Mega Charizard Y (Stronger and bulkier than Blacephalon), Blaziken (Speed Boost+Fighting STAB), Heatran (Charizard, Metagross and Kyub check), Alolan Marowak (alternative and arguably better Fire/Ghost type), Victini (better suicide nuke), Volcarona (God #2) and Infernape (Fake Out). Blacephalon C > C.

e: Oh yeah, and Porygon2 can rise for sure. I nominate it for C.
First of all, did you mean Blacephalon C to C-? Because it looks like you made a mistake there. Also, why would you ever run Uproar on Gardevoir over Hyper Voice?

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
First of all, did you mean Blacephalon C to C-? Because it looks like you made a mistake there. Also, why would you ever run Uproar on Gardevoir over Hyper Voice?
I did not mean to C-. I think it should just stay C, sorry if that wasn't clear. Uproar lets Gardevoir take on Jumpluff which is pretty cool imo.

Reactions: pqs

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
image.jpg

Necrozma: D ---> B+: Agreed
Say hello to Necrozma, otherwise known as the most slept-on threat in the current metagame. What was once a poor man's Lele is now a terrifying Specs attacker that can claw past the Steels that give its Tapu cousin hell, as well as handling Sturdies and Mimikyu with just one moveslot. When's the council gonna vote on raises already? Because this mon needs one.

image.jpg

Porygon2: D ---> C or higher: Agreed
The hell's this thing doing in D? It's not the second coming of Christ, but D, seriously? You mean to tell me that this bulky beast that can wall and take down Mega Gyarados along with a slew of other huge threats is on the same level as complete junk like Smeargle, Slaking and Aron? Yeah, no. Raise it up.

image.jpg

Blacephalon: C ---> C+: Disagreed
I like this clown-looking guy. He's cool in a lot of formats. 1v1 ain't one of those formats, though. MaceMaster explained it adequately, but in short, Blace is shoved in between a bunch of other fire types, unable to find a niche. If you ask me, keeping it at C is being merciful, if it were to move anywhere, it would be moving down.

image.jpg

Vivillon: D ---> Unranked
Y'know, with all the other Pokemon in D, I have either seen them be used or at least understand their miniscule niche. But what the hell does this do? A sleep win-con? Jumpluff already does that, and with way more speed to boot. Bug/Flying STAB spammer? Mega Pinsir's got you covered. Bug special attacker? Genesect's right there, still faster, better defensive typing, and a movepool that leaves Vivillon's in the dust. This feels like a relic of some player with an active imagination that started some weird fad involving this guy in the Creative/Underrated sets thread a while back, kind of like how Stunfisk got ranked. C'mon, you guys won't rank Musharna, but keep this piece of crap on there, hanging by a thether? Kek.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
View attachment 95929
Necrozma: D ---> B+: Agreed
Say hello to Necrozma, otherwise known as the most slept-on threat in the current metagame. What was once a poor man's Lele is now a terrifying Specs attacker that can claw past the Steels that give its Tapu cousin hell, as well as handling Sturdies and Mimikyu with just one moveslot. When's the council gonna vote on raises already? Because this mon needs one.

View attachment 95930
Porygon2: D ---> C or higher: Agreed
The hell's this thing doing in D? It's not the second coming of Christ, but D, seriously? You mean to tell me that this bulky beast that can wall and take down Mega Gyarados along with a slew of other huge threats is on the same level as complete junk like Smeargle, Slaking and Aron? Yeah, no. Raise it up.

View attachment 95931
Blacephalon: C ---> C+: Disagreed
I like this clown-looking guy. He's cool in a lot of formats. 1v1 ain't one of those formats, though. MaceMaster explained it adequately, but in short, Blace is shoved in between a bunch of other fire types, unable to find a niche. If you ask me, keeping it at C is being merciful, if it were to move anywhere, it would be moving down.

View attachment 95932
Vivillon: D ---> Unranked
Y'know, with all the other Pokemon in D, I have either seen them be used or at least understand their miniscule niche. But what the hell does this do? A sleep win-con? Jumpluff already does that, and with way more speed to boot. Bug/Flying STAB spammer? Mega Pinsir's got you covered. Bug special attacker? Genesect's right there, still faster, better defensive typing, and a movepool that leaves Vivillon's in the dust. This feels like a relic of some player with an active imagination that started some weird fad involving this guy in the Creative/Underrated sets thread a while back, kind of like how Stunfisk got ranked. C'mon, you guys won't rank Musharna, but keep this piece of crap on there, hanging by a thether? Kek.
Although Vivillon faces competition from Jumpluff, it isn't outclassed. First of all, it doesn't autlose to Grass types, and can actually beat a good many of them, thanks to its STAB Hurricane. Additionally, it's not complete Taunt bait for the same reason. Finally, it's more reliable than Jumpluff with its 98% accurate Sleep Powder.
PS: Updated the Sets VR

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Although Vivillon faces competition from Jumpluff, it isn't outclassed. First of all, it doesn't autlose to Grass types, and can actually beat a good many of them, thanks to its STAB Hurricane. Additionally, it's not complete Taunt bait for the same reason. Finally, it's more reliable than Jumpluff with its 98% accurate Sleep Powder.
PS: Updated the Sets VR
I mean, ok, sure. But wouldn't you just use Pinsir if you want something to beat Grass types...? Similar to Blacephalon, Vivillon is just sandwiched between a bunch of other prominent Pokemon. The niche ain't there.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
I mean, ok, sure. But wouldn't you just use Pinsir if you want something to beat Grass types...? Similar to Blacephalon, Vivillon is just sandwiched between a bunch of other prominent Pokemon. The niche ain't there.
Because Pinsir isn't a sleep user??? You can't even compare them, honestly. Vivillon has a distinct niche, and if it's going anywhere, it should go up. Jumpluff is honestly the only Pokemon in the meta that performs the same role as Vivillon, and as stated above, it has plenty of niches over Jumpluff.

Hey since this is the resources thread I'ma make a Scizor guide! (1v1 of course)
After using this thing for months, I know how it fares in the meta much better than in typing my weird september post.
Part 1: Stats/viability

Base:
base scizor.png

HP: 70
Attack: 130
Defense: 100
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 80
Speed: 65
Abilities: Swarm, Technician, Light Metal (Hidden)

Mega:
scizor-mega.png

Attack: 150
Defense: 140
Sp. Atk: 65
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 75
Ability: Technician

Scizor currently lies in the D tier in terms of viability. Scizor's role in the meta is strictly an anti-physical attacker. It is notable for hard-countering pretty much all viable Mimikyu sets and can beat Kyurem-Black and Mega Metagross. Scizor has very flexible stats and can run both offensive and defensive sets. With access to Counter, Roost, Curse, Swords Dance, and its famous Technician Bullet Punch, it can take on the tier's "sturdymons" (Some are Donphan, Golem, Sawk, and Crustle), and has an advantage vs. Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, and Lopunny.

However, then comes the weaknesses, which put this quite seemingly decent 'mon in its D-tier spot. It has a notorious disadvantage against fire types, most commonly Charizard and Heatran. Its Bug/Steel typing and offensive prowess is walled by anti-physical threats like Venusaur, Celesteela, and Dragonite. It can also struggle to beat special attackers like Primarina and Magnezone, because the mega form's special defense is average at best. Although its pretty well-rounded bulk can be invested in to take on Hidden Power Fire and other Fire coverage (Such as a Hidden Power Fire from Mega Ampharos!), it can still be overpowered by Specs. Due to its disadvantageous matchups being prominent in the meta, Scizor only has marginal viability as an anti-physical attacker.

Part 2: Matchups (I might have missed a few but here's the general list):
Hard counters (It should win if played correctly):
-Mimikyu
-Diancie
-Archeops
-Avalugg
-Aron/Nosepass/Pineco
-Ninetales-A

Soft counters (It can win most of the time. Some of these threats can beat Scizor with fire coverage/read, but are rare on the mon)
-Kyurem-Black
-Lopunny
-Metagross
-Donphan
-Sawk
-Golem
-Crustle
-Hoopa
-Tyranitar
-Jirachi
-Blastoise
-Porygon-Z

50/50's (Can win, provided these opponents miss their flinch/lack fire coverage/make a bad read/etc)
-Gyarados
-Landorus-T
-Sableye
-Slowbro
-Greninja
-Chansey
-Blissey
-Mawile
-Snorlax
-Hawlucha
-Aggron

Soft countered by (Scizor will lose almost always):
-Venusaur
-Tapu Koko
-Tapu Lele
-Zygarde
-Necrozma
-Dragonite
-Heracross
-Mew

Hard countered by (Guaranteed loss):
-Charizard
-Heatran
-Magearna
-Magnezone
-Victini
-Infernape
-Celesteela
-Volcanion
-Blacephalon
-Naganadel
-Primarina
-Aegislash
-Jumpluff
-Whimsicott

Part 3: Sets/Calcs

Counter + Swords Dance
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 44 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Counter

Cursezor*
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Curse
- Roost

Roost + 3 attacks
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Metal Claw
- Thief
- Roost

*Scizor must have Light Metal in its base form to use Curse

A few defensive calcs (Using the counter set):

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 248-292 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Ampharos-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Scizor-Mega: 284-336 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Using WOA's set):
28+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 272-320 (79 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Sawk All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 219-258 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Donphan Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 220-261 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Part 4: Good teammates
Gyarados-Scares away fire types, earthquake kills magnezone
Tapu Koko-Beats mons that resist its stab
Naganadel-Beats a decent chunk of its losses
Archeops/Rampardos-Head smash, which can kill many things
Venusaur-Camps out water types and beats Jumpluff/Whimsicott
Heatran-Absorbs fire and/or scares fire types on team reveal
Dragonite-Walls a lot of things and is versatile enough for the 3rd slot to be anything

Part 5: Conclusion
While my september/october posts made this thing look like crap (and poor Seismitoad), I hope this guide can contradict that. This 'mon is versatile with excellent attack and defense, with Technician turning weak moves into decent ones. It's basically an alternative to Metagross, but I'll argue that Metagross doesn't outclass it; Scizor doesn't have four moveslot syndrome and it can use counter/curse + roost to beat physical threats. Metagross is more versatile with tons of moves but because of its aforementioned condition, it is forced to run a set that synergizes with its team. This guide isn't another attempt to adjust its viability because of what happened last time, but rather a perspective changer and a general information source

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hey since this is the resources thread I'ma make a Scizor guide! (1v1 of course)
After using this thing for months, I know how it fares in the meta much better than in typing my weird september post.
Part 1: Stats/viability

Base:
View attachment 96022
Attack: 130
Defense: 100
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 80
Speed: 65
Abilities: Swarm, Technician, Light Metal (Hidden)

Mega:
View attachment 96023
Attack: 150
Defense: 140
Sp. Atk: 65
Sp. Def: 100
Speed: 75

Scizor currently lies in the D tier in terms of viability. Scizor's role in the meta is strictly an anti-physical attacker. It is notable for hard-countering pretty much all viable Mimikyu sets and can beat Kyurem-Black and Mega Metagross. Scizor has very flexible stats and can run both offensive and defensive sets. With access to Counter, Roost, Curse, Swords Dance, and its famous Technician Bullet Punch, it can take on the tier's "sturdymons" (Some are Donphan, Golem, Sawk, and Crustle), and has an advantage vs. Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, and Lopunny.

However, then comes the weaknesses, which put this quite seemingly decent 'mon in its D-tier spot. It has a notorious disadvantage against fire types, most commonly Charizard and Heatran. Its Bug/Steel typing and offensive prowess is walled by anti-physical threats like Venusaur, Celesteela, and Dragonite. It can also struggle to beat special attackers like Primarina and Magnezone, because the mega form's special defense is average at best. Although its pretty well-rounded bulk can be invested in to take on Hidden Power Fire and other Fire coverage (Such as a Hidden Power Fire from Mega Ampharos!), it can still be overpowered by Specs. Due to its disadvantageous matchups being prominent in the meta, Scizor only has marginal viability as an anti-physical attacker.

Part 2: Matchups (I might have missed a few but here's the general list):
Hard counters (It should win if played correctly):
-Mimikyu
-Diancie
-Archeops
-Avalugg
-Aron/Nosepass/Pineco
-Ninetales-A

Soft counters (It can win most of the time. Some of these threats can beat Scizor with fire coverage/read, but are rare on the mon)
-Kyurem-Black
-Lopunny
-Metagross
-Donphan
-Sawk
-Golem
-Crustle
-Hoopa
-Tyranitar
-Jirachi
-Blastoise
-Porygon-Z

50/50's (Can win, provided these opponents miss their flinch/lack fire coverage/make a bad read/etc)
-Gyarados
-Landorus-T
-Sableye
-Slowbro
-Greninja
-Chansey
-Blissey
-Mawile
-Snorlax
-Hawlucha

Soft countered by (Scizor will lose almost always):
-Venusaur
-Tapu Koko
-Tapu Lele
-Zygarde
-Aggron
-Necrozma
-Dragonite
-Heracross
-Mew

Hard countered by (Guaranteed loss):
-Charizard
-Heatran
-Magearna
-Magnezone
-Victini
-Infernape
-Celesteela
-Volcanion
-Blacephalon
-Naganadel
-Primarina
-Aegislash

Part 3: Sets/Calcs

Counter + Swords Dance
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 44 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Counter

Cursezor*
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Curse
- Roost

Roost + 3 attacks
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Metal Claw
- Thief
- Roost

*Scizor must have Light Metal in its base form to use Curse

A few defensive calcs (Using the counter set):

252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 248-292 (72 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Ampharos-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Scizor-Mega: 284-336 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Using WOA's set):
28+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 272-320 (79 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Sawk All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 219-258 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Donphan Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Scizor-Mega: 220-261 (63.9 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Part 4: Good teammates
Gyarados-Scares away fire types, earthquake kills magnezone
Tapu Koko-Beats mons that resist its stab
Naganadel-Beats a decent chunk of its losses
Archeops/Rampardos-Head smash, which can kill many things
Venusaur-Camps out water types and beats Jumpluff/Whimsicott
Heatran-Absorbs fire and/or scares fire types on team reveal
Dragonite-Walls a lot of things and is versatile enough for the 3rd slot to be anything

Part 5: Conclusion
While my september/october posts made this thing look like crap (and poor Seismitoad), I hope this guide can contradict that. This 'mon is versatile with excellent attack and defense, with Technician turning weak moves into decent ones. It's basically an alternative to Metagross, but I'll argue that Metagross doesn't outclass it; Scizor doesn't have four moveslot syndrome and it can use counter/curse + roost to beat physical threats. Metagross is more versatile with tons of moves but because of its aforementioned condition, it is forced to run a set that synergizes with its team. This guide isn't another attempt to adjust its viability because of what happened last time, but rather a perspective changer and a general information source

Thanks for reading!
Hey, that's pretty nice. Have you considered writing a competitive analysis on the 1v1 forum?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Entei: Unranked ---> ??? (Anywhere between C+ and B is fine with me)
1v1 has no shortage of Fire types, and Entei is among them. To start off, Entei has two very unique moves: Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed. The former move gives it opportunities to cheese wins against Pokemon like Donphan, Snorlax and Aegislash. Extreme Speed can let it pick off weakened Jumpluffs, Kyurem-Blacks, Tapu Kokos and more.

Entei also has a nice level of bulk not seen by most other Fire types. With 115/85/75, Entei can be EV'd and customized to tank and defeat Scarf Porygon-Z, Scarf Kyurem-Black, Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard X and Mega Lopunny.

Entei @ Rockium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 HP / 64 Atk / 168 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Mons this set beats:
Kyurem-Black (Scarf and non-bulky Icium)
Megazard X
Mega Metagross
Mega Aggron
Megazard Y
Bulky Dragonite (Sacred Fire Burn needed)
Mega Lopunny
Magearna
Mega Mawile
Mimikyu
Mega Pinsir
Aegislash (Burn needed to take Never-Ending Nightmare + Shadow Sneak)
Magnezone
Timid Scarf PZ
Some Snorlax sets
Blaziken and Mega Blaziken
Genesect
Heracross-Mega
Naganadel
Ferrothorn
Gardevoir-Mega
Heatran
Jirachi
Jumpluff (It's possible with some luck)
Kartana
Mega Sableye
Sawk
Buzzwole
Celesteela
Durant
Gengar-Mega
Hoopa-Unbound
Latios
Pheromosa
Togekiss
Avalugg
Mega Gallade
Mega Lucario
Marowak-Alola
Tapu Bulu
Victini
Volcarona
Whimsicott (Non-Occa Berry)
Blacephalon
Excadrill
Hitmonlee
Infernape
Ninetales-Alola
Pidgeot-Mega
Thundurus-Therian
Abomasnow-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Sceptile-Mega

For these reasons, I believe Entei should at least be considered for some sort of rank. I mean hell, if that hunk of dog shit Blacephalon can get ranked, no reason Entei can't

also quick extra nom

Zygarde (Aura Break): C- ---> Unranked
This was likely just an oversight, but I feel I should point it out anyway. Power Construct Zygarde is just simply better. No in-depth reasoning needed here.

EDIT: Here's another, arguably better Entei set that can beat Aegislash, Heatran and Modest PZ much more consistently:

Entei @ Rockium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Mega Heracross B+--->B or B-

Well, Well, Well, if it isnt for the.... accurate rock throwing mon thats a bug?! Mega Heracross has always been a decent mon since XY hasnt seen the spotlight and I see why. This mon while it has an AMAZING attack stat at 185, and a great ability in skill link, and thats really it. It's speed is dogshit and cant outspeed most mons namely the zards, PZ, any flying type basically, jirachi, etc. If this mon had twenty more speed points in its IVS, It would be much better. This fall is long overdue. Thx

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Since activity isn't the best here, I thought I would bring it upon myself to bring about some discussion points

-Rank Entei? If so, where to rank?
-We all know Porygon2 needs a rise, it's far and above anything in D, but where should it go?
-Any D rank stuff that should rise/fall?
-Raise Zygarde-Complete?
-Raise Jumpluff?
-Raise Mega Lucario?
-Drop Pheromosa?
-Drop Blacephalon?
-Drop Relicanth?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Smeargle: D ---> Unranked or Do Not Use
this mon is complete ass, it's nothing more than a noobtrap even worse than slaking, kinda like all the other garbage in dnu, but in case you don't wanna fill up space there, just send it to unranked, the stuff in d sucks but at least they have some kind of niche, no matter how small, unlike smeargle

sorry for rushed post, gtg soon

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
-Raise Zygarde-Complete?
-Raise Jumpluff?
-Raise Mega Lucario?
-Drop Pheromosa?
-Drop Blacephalon?
-Drop Relicanth?
Raise Zygod
Raise Jumpluff
Raise Mega Lucario
Drop Pheromosa
Ehhh keep blace there where its at
Drop Relicanth yes
Drop Mega Heracross
Drop Zydog

Oh and p2 should go to B- not B+ sorry pqs.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Since activity isn't the best here, I thought I would bring it upon myself to bring about some discussion points

-Rank Entei? If so, where to rank?
-We all know Porygon2 needs a rise, it's far and above anything in D, but where should it go?
-Raise Zygarde-Complete?
-Raise Jumpluff?
-Raise Mega Lucario?
-Drop Pheromosa?
-Drop Blacephalon?
-Drop Relicanth?
Entei for C
Porygon2 for C+
No rise for Zygarde-C
Jumpluff for B+
No rise for Mega Lucario
Pheromosa for C+
No drop for Blacephalon
No drop for Relicanth
Smeargle for unranked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)