• Spikes
  • Toxic Spikes
  • Synthesis
  • Ingrain
  • Sleep Powder
  • Stun Spore
  • Toxic
  • Leaf Storm

With Amoonguss' recent departure from the tier, Roselia could well be the new favourite Bulky Grass type. With access to various status options, as well as Spikes and Toxic Spikes, she could be very, VERY useful - the only other pokemon with this combination in the tier is Garbodor.
Decent bulk with Eviolite as well as Base 100 Special Attack make her no slouch.
With Natural Cure, she becomes an effective status absorber.

So, discuss away! What kind of roles or sets will be most effective? How will she impact the metagame? What does she check? What checks her? What partners work best?

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Roselia @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest / Synthesis

This is the set that I plan to use since it carries a lot of offensive power while still being able to take special hits reasonably well. A lot of frail offensive Pokemon such as Swellow can be OHKOed with the proper attack as they attempt to grab a free switch into Roselia, predicting a set-up move. Bulky Pokemon such as Piloswine and Exeggutor can also be destroyed since they usually stay in, expecting the weak Specially Defensive set.

The Speed EVs allow Roselia to outpace max speed Golem, although more can be run if one wants to beat max Speed Cacturne and Exeggutor. The first three moves are crucial to Roselia, but the last slot can be replaced by Synthesis if one doesn't want the opponent to switch in on a predicted Rest and start setting up.

edit: since roselia can't have leaf storm and spikes i guess giga drain works over it.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Roselia @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Rest / Synthesis

The Speed EVs allow Roselia to outpace max speed Golem, although more can be run if one wants to beat max Speed Cacturne and Exeggutor. The first three moves are crucial to Roselia, but the last slot can be replaced by Synthesis if one doesn't want the opponent to switch in on a predicted Rest and start setting up.
Good set and all, but there is a problem: Roselia can't have Leaf Storm and Spikes on the same set because of breeding issues.

Roselia is really cool and all, but what does it have over Vileplume, other than Spikes and TSpikes? Let's say you have those covered, you don't need a second Spiker. Is there any reason to go Roselia > Vileplume as a Special Wall?

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you have Spikes/TSpikes covered chances are you are using Garbodor and having Roselia will force you to stack types together. Relying on Roselia for your special wall when you have Garbodor makes you really weak to Psychic-type Pokemon; Musharna and Gardevoir in particular. Absol is gone so if you want a check/counter to these you'll have to stack typings again and invest in a Skuntank. Roselia has great special defense with max investment and Eviolite to allow it to tank Ludicolo's hits but with Roselia's terrible physical bulk you miss out on what could be a good check to Ground-type Pokemon, Sawsbuck, and SD Samurott. I think your best route would going with a different Pokemon such as Mantine or Regice to handle Ludicolo and other special attackers. If you're going to use Garbodor for Spikes/TSpikes I would not recommend either Vileplume or Roselia on your team.

Specially Defensive Roselia isn't a bad set, but I would not consider it that good either. It lacks Leftovers recovery and gets 2HKOed by Samurott and Ludicolo's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock. It makes a decent check to both of them, but cannot stand up to Samurott's Swords Dance set whatsoever (or physical attacks for that matter). With Psychic-types being as popular as they are, relying on Roselia to handle special attackers will leave you very disappointed. I was thinking that a physically defensive Roselia set could work as it takes physical hits almost as well as Vileplume and still takes special attacks better, but the lack of Leftovers recovery means it gets worn down easier by hazards.

I think Roselia is a good addition to the tier, if only because it gives teams more utility with hazards, status, etc. while not sacrificing a slot, since Roselia is a fairly good specially-bulky pokemon.

Wait, Amoonguss is RU? YES! It looks like Roselia's gonna be seeing some usage. Roselia has essentially 50/90/120 Defenses with Eviolite, which means you can easily tank hits and recover with Synthesis. Spikes are nice too and you can always be ballsy and go offensive, although don't seriously try it.

I can see Roselia fitting nicely into some stall teams. Although it competes with Garbodor as a spike setter, Roselia works better as a bulky spikes setter that has good recovery while Garbodor is better suited as a suicide lead.

Since she works as a status absorber, Pokemon that hate status such as Tauros would be a good teammate(she could also take fighting-type attacks aimed at Tauros).

I'm finding a roselia/seadra defensive core to work quite as they are both insanely bulky in their respective defenses while still being able to pack quite a punch.

After trying out Roselia more, I've been using her without Spikes, as a Offensive Status user:

Juliet (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Rest / Stun Spore

Same EV spread as FLCL's set, but this sacrifices Spikes for different Egg moves. Sleep Powder cripples a counter, while Leaf Storm is a VERY powerful attack. Sludge Bomb for coverage.
I rarely, if ever use the fourth move, but Rest works well with Natural cure, Stun Spore can paralyse, yadda yadda.

I use this on a team alongside Sawk, as Roselia is a full counter to Sawk's nemesis Alomomola. Pack a Musharna counter and you're laughing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)