Smogon Forums

Miilanda
Miilanda
Hi thanks for the reply!I have one more simple question.. not sure if you know the answer, but: Can I save and close the game when I am in the middle of RNGing (shiny) eggs? Or will this somehow mess up my frames? I am not using CFW.
Miilanda
Miilanda
For example yesterday I RNGed my first shiny Cutiefly on 7th gen, but I had to accept 142 eggs and refuse 3. Took me quite some hours and few episodes on Netflix later. I was wondering if I could just save the game and continue it another time. :) Thanks in advance!
shiny finder
shiny finder
No problem! I don't see why you shouldn't be able to save and quit at any point. As long as you keep note of where you stopped (i.e. what seed you left off on), you should be able to pick back up. Eisen mentions save your status in his guide: https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/sm_egg_rng_part2
Miilanda
Miilanda
Good to know. :) I got a bit confused, because I have read the 127 Magikarp hatch guide and from what I understand is that one had to do this for like 3-4 h straight, but maybe I misinterpreted that information. Thank goodness I just a new US game laying around and started a new save file on there, so I didnt had to do that process.
Miilanda
Miilanda
Thanks for the answer btw! I have another question though... If I breed a Pokémon with USUM only egg moves (for example Sticky web on Cutiefly) and I trade the egg without hatching it to a SM game, will it keep the USUM only egg moves?