Smogon Forums

Martin
Martin
Yeah man. How’s life w u.
zbr
zbr
im cool having lunar new year holidays here. hbu?
Martin
Martin
Life’s fine ig. Gotten into FGC in the past few months which is fun—mostly playing Tekken/SC but I got SamSho and am gonna grt Granblue whenever that comes out. Keep trying to get back into mons but it’s not holding my attention as much as it used to—mainly focusing on dubs bc it’s like mons except good, tho I’m still really crap at it hahaha
Martin
Martin
kinda decided singles isn’t worth playing last gen altho limited dex this gen is doing wonders for making singles less degen than usual which is a plus at least
zbr
zbr
bleh seeing toad clef hydrei corvi + 2 other mons on almost every team is kinda bleeding boring. you still watching anime seasonally?

i only ever dabbled in dou in oras to get mah wings lol. its fun and such a radically different metagame compared to singles
Martin
Martin
Not a huge amount; mostly relegated to sequels at this point, most of my anime watching time is spent rewatching stuff I’ve already watched LOL

Ban Hydra+Dracovish and a lot of the dumb stale shit vanishes tbh. Vish is such a stupid mon in singles
zbr
zbr
LOL. my friends are telling me to watch madoka and i remembered you used to watch a lot of magical girl animes? is it good? :O

ehhh Hydrei will be manageable to a certain extent when nat dex comes so I hope the meta can stay strong till then. vish just ban it lmao i wanna try newer fresher squads
Martin
Martin
Madoka is good. Go watch it and then ignore every single internet thread/yt vid/etc abt it bc every single one uses vocab they don’t understand+no understanding of magical girl shows to miss the point of Madoka.

I’ve not actually seen a huge number of magical girl shows tho. I mostly just like CCS+Madoka and haven't rlly delved much past those haha
Martin
Martin
I wanna get into Precure tho and also wish that all of Sally the Witch was subbed
Martin
zbr
zbr
ooooh looking hella old HAHAHAH was there no remaster of this show?
Martin
Martin
It moved from black and white to colour partway through its run bc it was successful enough to warrant it. There was also a reboot in the 80s, tho idk if that was a remake or a sequel or smth entirely separate
Martin
Martin
It’s pretty much the first magical girl anime and what laid the groundwork for everything that followed, with stuff like Sailor Moon building off of its story structure and changing it to be a bit more action focused, which itself defined the magical warrior sub-genre alongside Cutie Honey (as opposed to Sally who is more of the “magical princess” ilk)