Smogon Forums

trickroom
trickroom
yo my ubers brotha, how are ya? I was updating myself on the latest hot topics :D saw Ultra Necro and the Ubers tier discussion. Caught my interest there ;)
MMII
MMII
yes, lots of things have been going on in ubers lately. it’s mostly just nerd talk but it’s still cool to see ubers be a big topic. are you just passing by?
trickroom
trickroom
I frequently browse through the forums hehe. i read the viability rankd and justifications. With so many new threats and all. I think Groudon deserves a C-. Surprise value, Zmoves and not being Groundweak are invaluable. letting you nab free kills
trickroom
trickroom
Who would dedicate a mega to Venusaur though lol, what does that thing do in Ubers besides kinda check Xerneas. pretty sure it cant take on Primal groudon well at all. also had to choose pDef or spD. Vanilla Groudon is better than many IMO, but Primal Groudon makes it D i guess. the sun shenaningans can help sacred fire etc
MMII
MMII
ye base groudon would be better if it didnt stop you from using primal. mvenu is alright, it checjs stuff like pogre, geoxern, abd marsh. pdon isnt a big worry for it cause u just chip it/seed it as it switches in and then move on.
trickroom
trickroom
Oh I forgot mvenu checks marshadow too. But what kind of team fits mvenu though? On the stall teams with Blissey, maybe or like on Ferro's spot but mvenu checks xern marshadow etc. Poor darkrai tho lol that void nerf
MMII
MMII
tbf though, anything c rank and lower is more or less just the same thing. hard to focus what all the diff vr guys think of shitmons. even b/b- type stuff realky starts to enter niche territory.
MMII
MMII
nah fuck darkrai that mon was cancer to play against, im super happy over void nerf personally, lol.

as for mvenu teams, im not sure. my first thought is zlongside a steel type that doesnt check geoxern. every team has to have a reliable geoxern check which mvenu covers so to me that opens up more flexibility on what steel-type ur team wants. (which modt teams do want to have a steel, imo) something like skarm
MMII
MMII
i dont have a mvenu team myself tho so im not too sure. it could be a good way to justify running ultra necro tho. maybe
trickroom
trickroom
Man those BW days where we slapped a Scarf boi just to check darkrai and maybe mewtwo as a bonus lol. Dark void was gay af. SpDef Kyogre was beast. lum berry dialga shenaningans to troll darkrai too.
trickroom
trickroom
Steels losing the dark and ghost resist tho. Mvenu looks frustratingly hard to build with cause we cant slot it in the empty slot to check xern kyogre and marsh cause its opportunity cause is huge. imma just slap amonguss and another mega lol
trickroom
trickroom
Felt sad on Pkyogre though, no lefties and little boost to Special stats. still frail on physical side and slow af. if only kyogre has quiver dance
MMII
MMII
kyogre not being choice locked and sometimes physical hurts amooongus a lot. Even if u switch into the water attack, ice beam will rip you apart. CM isn’t helping, either. mushroom was way cooler in xy. mvenu is definitely very narrow, though.
trickroom
trickroom
But mushroom can hold Assault Vest though, and go gay with Clear Smogs, regenerator for cluctch double switches. It can pivot a lot better than mvenu I am sure. then again mvenu is in C rank so, it has a niche. Lunala looks cool though, it's like a better lugia for certain teams, shadow shield and lots more power
MMII
MMII
lunala is awesome, u can go fat like a lugia if u want or u got great offensive sets if ud prefer that. its a really fun mon, also scary if u dont have a dark type/ekiller or at least a ghost to threaten it with a ko past shield. (otherwise ur trading unfavorably or just not breaking fatnala)
trickroom
trickroom
yeah that ability and strong stats distribution is so much better than Solgaleo lol. Which doesn't get Swords Dance even. I thought why Solgaleo is D then I realised, it cant learn Earthquake, Swords Dance etc, leaving it completely outclassed by Dusk Mane, so sad.