Smogon Forums

Flygoner818
Flygoner818
i think you're making a big mistake leading blace. it's not a wallbreaker or even a sweeper, it's a late game cleaner and nothing more. if you're gonna lead with a wall breaker, lead with kart and fuck some shit up. and against victini, latias is not a check, it's a counter. so if it z's, just go straight to latias and start setting up. fini is impotent against it since stored power 2hko's.
Flygoner818
Flygoner818
early game, play your steels, mid game pivot around fini and latias, and late game try to clean with blace or set up with ziggy.
Flygoner818
Flygoner818
i think we can all agree groundium zygarde is bae
Goldaris
i wouldnt usually lead blace but literally both teams i faced had 4 / 6 ghost weak mons which meant that my win condition was just bringing blace in as often as possible
Goldaris
saccing fini to victini was completely brain dead though
Flygoner818
Flygoner818
you got that right, but if you wouldn't bring out the wincon until you were sure it could actually win, you know? otherwise you're shooting yourself in the foot. idk if you've gotten a chance to use the team any more?
Goldaris
it's often a good idea to (safely, via u-turn or sac) bring the wincon out before it actually sweeps because, as long as it comes in on something it beats, it can chip down its counters and then pop out, effectively clearing the way for its own sweep/acting as its own breaker. for example, in g1 blace came in against dhelmise and effectively got a free kill on one of its two switchins (lando or magearna).
Goldaris
obviously you don't want to do that if you're ceding a huge amount of momentum when the counter comes in, or if the counter has recovery (although with blace you probably wanna try to trick it scarf). in that game though i knew he wouldnt go magearna (which would allow him trick room and really suck for me) because of the threat of flamethrower, so going blace turn 6 was probably my best play
Goldaris
i used the team a couple more times but didn't save any replays, i think i lost those games to dumb misplays anyway lmao
Goldaris
Flygoner818
Flygoner818
I think the one thing I'm noticing is that you know your counterplay for certain matchups but aren't super adaptable for others. In that first replay against rain, which is already a problem for the team, you seemed to recognize early that Koko was going to be tough to switch into since you don't have an electric resist. but you overtaxed ferro, who always invited in sub punch buzz to deal massive damage