Smogon Forums

Deceived
Deceived
Well I just got a job at a really big real estate company so that's keeping me busy. Other than that, same old, same old.
So do you know how to speak fluent French now?
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
omg :O does the job pay well? :p

and no i dont. i never took french before, but i have french class every day and it's all in french, so im learning fast!
Deceived
Deceived
It's an entry level job so the pay isn't crazy but it's enough for me right now lol. It's also really close to where I live so the commute isn't bad.

So are your other classes in English or French? I feel like French would be a cool language to learn but I've heard it's a hard language to pick up.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
my other classes are in english :p and yeah it's kinda hard but it's such a beautiful language!
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
and ahh that's good that your job is close. have you finished uni yet? c:
Deceived
Deceived
I want to try learning French. I speak Italian a fair bit so hopefully there would be a little overlap or similar roots that would make it easier lol.

And no, I still have 2 years to go before I graduate lmao. I'm only 20. The job I have is part time, but it's a great first foray into real estate, which is one of the career paths I'm considering.
Deceived
Deceived
Do you have any cool pictures of France?
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
ahh ok :P it's a good endeavor! you should just get fluent in italian imo though ;p better to focus on one!

and okay, that's good that you're getting experience :D hope you like the job.

and i dont really have any cool pics xD paris looks really similar everywhere
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
i just take pictures of flowers :3 theyre pretty
Deceived
Deceived
I can understand Italian but can't speak it as well :c
My friend's grandfather speaks Italian to me and I understood ~70% of it so I'm not THAT bad.
Deceived
Deceived
You should take pictures of something uniquely French. But nothing cliche like the Eiffel Tower or a croissant or anything like that.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
if you can understand 70%, then its super easy to learn how to speak it i think :D since you can understand it, reading will come easily.

and idk taking pictures - annoyinggg xd i dont like looking like a tourist ;P
Deceived
Deceived
Eh, I don't know my tenses that well. It's also been like 3 years since I took Italian so I'm pretty happy with how much I've retained.

And you won't look like a tourist if you take pictures of obscure French things like French street signs- you'll just look like a hipster!
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
hipster XD that sounds even worse!
Deceived
Deceived
Excuse me? As a proud hipster, I'm pretty offended right now.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
;-; sowwie
Deceived
Deceived
It's okay. I'll convert you to the hipster side.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
Does wearing warby parker glasses count as hipster :p
Deceived
Deceived
Yes because I have warby parkers too!
Deceived
Deceived
Mine are the typical big framed hipster glasses