Smogon Forums

Mova
Mova
Thanks! To be honest, I thought it was taken as well until I realized otherwise.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I once thought of changing my name to just Hula but people told me not to. I wonder if it will ever be taken lol

also nice avatar I never really thought of that
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
but it is true
Mova
Mova
As you implied, Digimon anime fans seem much easier to satisfy than Pokémon game fans. Maybe because Digimon isn't known for its gameplay?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
1: did I imply that right now or was it something I had said before?

2: I think because Digimon is a niche whereas almost everyone is into Pokemon. Digimon community is kind of still too small for there to be any fighting. There are certain series that are kind of looked down on more (02, Frontier, Xros Wars) but to be completely fair, I have never seen anyone give anyone else a hard time because they said they liked them.

As for Pokemon, it's something everyone grew up with as a kid and then dropped off. So for most people "the bad gens" = "the gens after I personally stopped playing" (even I was guilty of this when I stopped after gen 4 and thought Gen 5 was Pokemon jumping the shark, now I think it's great)

Even with people who still play every new gen of Pokemon though there are tense arguments about it. IDK, I guess it's just a community of toxicity that keeps perpetuating the toxicity. Digimon is more niche so toxicity can't really start in the community

As for gameplay I wouldn't be sure, one of the most toxic communities in terms of arguing about what is good and not is the Star Wars community (especially now that there is a 3rd dimension to the argument, Disney). my hypothesis is just that it's a niche community.
Mova
Mova
Hmm... I see.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
lol don't mind me just waxing at 1:30 AM I don't even remember writing that that much
Mova
Mova
Also, why the default avatar?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
tired of my old one but haven't picked out a new one yet