Smogon Forums

vonFiedler
vonFiedler
I'm a fan of house and I know the story behind his casting. Laurie was never asked to speak with an english accent and did so anyway.

Actually the entirety of his performance stems from the audition tape in which he basically crafted the character, down to not shaving and wearing day old clothing because he felt that's what the character would do.

Not sure why you jumped on me and still got it wrong! But you were the one who had a bone to pick with actors acting in the first place, so maybe it offended you.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
you overestimate your own intelligence, it tends to happen when you dismiss and misinterpret others, hence i won't continue. judging by your wall you would achieve the same level of debate without the second party
vonFiedler
vonFiedler
And when you get told how wrong you are, rather than try to refute it in any way, you resort to ad hominem. You walked here in dismissing me. If what you say is even half-true, how does your own medicine taste?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
See previous post, focus on dismiss and misinterpret
vonFiedler
vonFiedler
Exactly what the fuck am I supposed to do with the previous post?

"you overestimate your intelligence"

You said something wrong and I corrected you. I have the facts on my side. They are googleable. I never meant to imply that my knowledge of American tv show tentpole house is a mark of intelligence, so your comment comes off as super beta.

"you dismiss and misinterpret others"

Weakest running argument on the internet. I took everything you said and threw it back at you. This might be the time to grow a little self-awareness!

"judging by your wall"

Yeah for some reason I attract people with their heads up their own asses. But you're the first to start an ad-hominem fight with a mod. Real strong.
vonFiedler
vonFiedler
Just so you know, here's a pretty accurate interpretation of your first comment

"I didn't like being told I was wrong in firebot, so I brought up an irrelevant fact and then stated boldly that I was correct and that the offender was butthurt"

And then my response

"Here's a fact that actually matters, and if you're gonna act like a piece of shit, here's what that feels like"

And then you clamed up like a huge fucking pussy. Class act.
vonFiedler
vonFiedler
Please don't plague people's walls in the future.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
you seem to do this sort of baiting a lot for whatever reason, but i'll bite like those before me

right ill start with the misinterpret part - i said he had to use an american accent to appease the average us viewer which was correct. the producer - who is making a programme that he thinks the american audience wants to watch- specifies that he wants an american actor for the lead in this case. Hugh laurie looking for work puts on an american accent to get the part . my comment is that i suggest watching this other piece of work with him, where he doesnt have to use an american accent. You follow? thats the point i was making, you then give me the whole story of how he did it while trying to tell me i am wrong? only way i am wrong is if he didn't have to use an american accent and got to use his normal accent. misinterpreting the point of my post, which in itself wasn't even the main message it was trying to convey (watch jeeves and wooster if you like laurie). Anyway i recommend watching jeeves and wooster, some people like it a lot and it could mellow you out.