PU PU Circuit Playoffs - Finals [won by fish anemometer]

sleid

vagabond
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
op copied from here, here, & here with slight modifications.

E4E715A9-6F7D-428D-B99C-3BE0405016A0.png

art by LifeisDANK

Congrats to the Top 16 players in the PU Circuit for making it this far! All of this year's tournaments have finally led to this point. Now the Top 16 players will play to determine the winner of the Circuit, who'll be awarded with the PU Circuit Ribbon!

Tournament-Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SV PU Single Elimination bo3 Tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • General tournament rules and clauses apply.
  • Smogon-Wide Clauses still apply.
  • You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • All matches must have replays saved and posted within the thread. All matches must be played publicly.
  • Any tier changes that occur after this post, if any, will not affect this tournament.
  • PU is a usage based tier. You can essentially use anything that is not in a higher tier or banned; anything in PUBL or higher is banned and cannot be used.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on their team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Other tournament rules you should be aware of!
About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: The matches must be played on either the Smogtours server or the Main PS! server if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the host(s) and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing on Smogtours.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Scheduling

Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed, and use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round, so do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.
(1) sugar ovens
(2) fish anemometer
(3) gum
(4) MZ
(5) Danny
(6) Kyuss
(7) kythr
(8) robjr
(9) eifo
(10) Floss
(11) zoowi
(12) Vulpix03
(13) zS
(14) DugZa
(15) Medeia
(16) Tanish

Round 1
sprites by gum , thank you!

1704779312060.png
1704779364039.png
1704779372237.png

sugar ovens vs Tanish - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779573666.png
1704779607090.png
1704779590797.png

fish anemometer vs Medeia - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779658901.png
1704779692420.png
1704779676296.png

gum vs DugZa - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779739668.png
1704779770513.png
1704779754497.png

MZ vs zS - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779819312.png
1704779856644.png
1704779837821.png

Danny vs Vulpix03 - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779873039.png
1704779910861.png
1704779893148.png

Kyuss vs zoowi - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779948157.png
1704779979292.png
1704779964704.png

kythr vs Floss - 1 | 2 | 3

1704779995574.png
1704780023351.png
1704780009214.png

robjr vs eifo - 1 | 2 | 3

Deadline for this round is Sunday, January 14th @ 11:59 GMT -5

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm sorry, just came back from vacation and got lost on timezones. If possible I'm up for extension.
I am not

I am uncomfortable with allowing the johning to exceed 50%(!) of all battles this tour when this is supposed to be like the best of the best

let this poor soul be a sacrifice to ensure that there'll be no more extensions or after these

you were all asked beforehand if you could compete and said yes, how hard is it to back up your word (minus someones appendix which is fair)

should've let other seeds play that would jump at the chance

get done or get gone

next time tell me earlier and I would've been more accommodating

nada e ninguem

formerly Kyuss
I am not

I am uncomfortable with allowing the johning to exceed 50%(!) of all battles this tour when this is supposed to be like the best of the best

let this poor soul be a sacrifice to ensure that there'll be no more extensions or after these

you were all asked beforehand if you could compete and said yes, how hard is it to back up your word (minus someones appendix which is fair)

should've let other seeds play that would jump at the chance

get done or get gone

next time tell me earlier and I would've been more accommodating
I've juggled three time zones in a week and came back at dawn on the deadline day — that's why I missed it. I'm not responsible for others missing their schedules; don't put this is on me. My record shows I've always played my part all along Seasonal until the finals, even from vacation spots with unstable mobile data. This one slip-up doesn't define my commitment. Let's not dwell on it. I'm ready to reschedule and play. It's not fair to be made a "sacrifice" in such a situation.

And yes, I can compete, like i reached the finals of Seasonal being on the other side of the world for the 4 last rounds with no time to practice the new metagame on the final rounds. The only caveat for circuits would be this first week.

Last edited:
I've juggled three time zones in a week and came back at dawn on the deadline day — that's why I missed it. I'm not responsible for others missing their schedules; don't put this is on me. My record shows I've always played my part all along Seasonal until the finals, even from vacation spots with unstable mobile data. This one slip-up doesn't define my commitment. Let's not dwell on it. I'm ready to reschedule and play. It's not fair to be made a "sacrifice" in such a situation.

And yes, I can compete, like i reached the finals of Seasonal being on the other side of the world for the 4 last rounds with no time to practice the new metagame on the final rounds. The only caveat for circuits would be this first week.
I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and be all "fine" but then I looked at your previous activity
this is not the first time you've had problems scheduling with an opponent or even the 5th time

this is nothing against your battling skill as a player but part of being a tour player is being able to be available when you say you are and communicate if not - both of those are, as it stands, failures from your direct choices, I pity your poor time zone confusion but this is more because you weren't on the whole day + didn't say anything beforehand and you had a week to do so, despite having such a big time consuming event as 'moving' on the same date as our original bout and despite having enough experience in tournaments to know how they work

since gum wants to fight on a date past the extension date anyway, I will give you a slim chance to avoid the butchers knife because at this point I want to beat you up (in a pokemon battle) and because I honestly think that, even if I give you this chance, you will miss or be unable to do it for one reason or another seeing your previous history

the extension deadline is the end of Wednesday, so

again I am GMT-4

I'm available today (tuesday) at 7 to 8pm my time
and wednesday at 8 to 9pm my time

that's all I can do, that's my entire availability, I have a life

if you can somehow make one of those then I will be there to kick your ass, if you can't then you can't
if you are one minute late (after the 15 minute act claim time*) I will refuse to fight, and I don't wanna hear no more crying after

come on cupcake

is this even allowed ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)