Multifaction Recruitment Mafia - Night 13 (Deadline: 17/01 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST)

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Greetings friends!

It sure is nice to be back. My time here may still be brief so I want to unveil some big new plans I have in store. But there are a few things to I want to discuss beforehand.

First, now that I am in a position where I can speak freely I'll be a new representative for the water faction. Of course, whether or not that will continue will likely depend on whether or not I survive this lynch!

Second, I am frankly getting a bit tired of seeing this game devolve into unnecessary toxicity and want to try speaking with a bit more of a level head. So I too would like to stop name calling and making assumptions about other people's strategies. I am just going to be honest and explain some of the circumstances that led me here and what our current future course of action will be.

First this might surprise some people who were not already in the know, but I was actually sincerely planning to join the fire faction on D4. I claimed to UncleSam with my full role PM, was instructed to vote lind as a test of loyalty, and later was told that I would not be recruited until D5 or even N5. Sam has opted to play cautiously even though my role was quite powerful, which just goes to show how great his faction's position really is. That's why I wanted to join it after all! To my surprise, water had instead surprise recruited me. This was completely out of my control as I never claimed to them nor asked them to recruit me. What actually happened was they had randomly inspected me and very quickly made the decision to recruit me immediately afterwards. I would have appreciated if they gave me a choice but to be honest I can't blame them for trying given their situation. But this just goes to show you that contrary to what Yeti has said, as a FL you cannot and should not always assume that you have a choice in how recruits will play out at any time. This is merely a result of how the game has actually been designed.

Most of the original leadership on the water faction is now dead or subbed out, so I want to take this opportunity to start everything off from a fresh slate, and so I would appreciate it if people stop trying to treat us with such a negative bias due to the actions of people that are mostly no longer involved. It would be an especially nice gesture for the rest of us who have been recruited much more recently like me and I think we all deserve an honest chance to just play the game.

With that in mind, although the purpose of this post is to promote a new chapter for my water faction, I would like to stop using anything else as pretext and continue to vote UncleSam as originally planned simply due to the fact that his faction has gotten way too far ahead of the others for it to make sense not only for those of us on the water faction, but also for most freelancers. If you are not an especially powerful role, your odds of being recruited by fire are basically nil if the status quo continues since they can afford to be very picky about their recruits (as my own case should demonstrate). Just to be clear, it should be public knowledge that we tried to use my 99 priority night kill yet still were unable to kill him due to the trap, which should go to show you just how many powerful protection roles they have at their disposal that we don't know about, and trying to stop them at night will be very difficult. So using these votes as a chance to equalize the game will be of utmost importance.

Anyone that wants to have a chat about the game and get acquainted with me or has questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Greetings friends!

It sure is nice to be back. My time here may still be brief so I want to unveil some big new plans I have in store. But there are a few things to I want to discuss beforehand.

First, now that I am in a position where I can speak freely I'll be a new representative for the water faction. Of course, whether or not that will continue will likely depend on whether or not I survive this lynch!

Second, I am frankly getting a bit tired of seeing this game devolve into unnecessary toxicity and want to try speaking with a bit more of a level head. So I too would like to stop name calling and making assumptions about other people's strategies. I am just going to be honest and explain some of the circumstances that led me here and what our current future course of action will be.

First this might surprise some people who were not already in the know, but I was actually sincerely planning to join the fire faction on D4. I claimed to UncleSam with my full role PM, was instructed to vote lind as a test of loyalty, and later was told that I would not be recruited until D5 or even N5. Sam has opted to play cautiously even though my role was quite powerful, which just goes to show how great his faction's position really is. That's why I wanted to join it after all! To my surprise, water had instead surprise recruited me. This was completely out of my control as I never claimed to them nor asked them to recruit me. What actually happened was they had randomly inspected me and very quickly made the decision to recruit me immediately afterwards. I would have appreciated if they gave me a choice but to be honest I can't blame them for trying given their situation. But this just goes to show you that contrary to what Yeti has said, as a FL you cannot and should not always assume that you have a choice in how recruits will play out at any time. This is merely a result of how the game has actually been designed.

Most of the original leadership on the water faction is now dead or subbed out, so I want to take this opportunity to start everything off from a fresh slate, and so I would appreciate it if people stop trying to treat us with such a negative bias due to the actions of people that are mostly no longer involved. It would be an especially nice gesture for the rest of us who have been recruited much more recently like me and I think we all deserve an honest chance to just play the game.

With that in mind, although the purpose of this post is to promote a new chapter for my water faction, I would like to stop using anything else as pretext and continue to vote UncleSam as originally planned simply due to the fact that his faction has gotten way too far ahead of the others for it to make sense not only for those of us on the water faction, but also for most freelancers. If you are not an especially powerful role, your odds of being recruited by fire are basically nil if the status quo continues since they can afford to be very picky about their recruits (as my own case should demonstrate). Just to be clear, it should be public knowledge that we tried to use my 99 priority night kill yet still were unable to kill him due to the trap, which should go to show you just how many powerful protection roles they have at their disposal that we don't know about, and trying to stop them at night will be very difficult. So using these votes as a chance to equalize the game will be of utmost importance.

Anyone that wants to have a chat about the game and get acquainted with me or has questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!
I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for u tho. Or sorry that happened.

Yeti

dark saturday
Btw freelancers lying to teams to make themselves more advantageous of a recruit =/= conning some kid into using their one-shot with no intention to recruit them then naming them so they cannot even lie to the other 2 teams

Comical

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
" The speaker criticizes someone for advocating deceptive gameplay in a strategy involving fire, water, and grass factions. They express concern about potential faction dominance, reject the idea of random recruitment, and challenge the credibility of a mercenary. The overall tone is frustrated with perceived hypocrisy and a desire for fair gameplay. "

I asked chatgpt for a summary. here it is.
I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for u tho. Or sorry that happened.

when a freelancer tries to make an earnest attempt to 'play' the day phase, they get derided and no response about what they're saying. could have just said nothing i guess. :shrug:

Yeti

dark saturday
just curious, is everyone that wants to vote US not a freelancer?
no. but some of you are very invested in it.

how fascinating considering bass just revealed they tried to prio kill him last night... almost like that's a slot water in particular wants gone...

I’d like to tell everyone that pidge is lying about my alignment, and they ruddy well know I am not in water judging by last day. Think, would it be a good choice to recruit me, after hard defending a water? Honestly, I’m so good at mafia it’s actually baffling to be insulted, it’s never gone well for the opposing player regardless of their alignment. I can’t say the same for you, I can tell you you think highly of yourself, and it probably irks you that I caught you this early.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
no. but some of you are very invested in it.

how fascinating considering bass just revealed they tried to prio kill him last night... almost like that's a slot water in particular wants gone...
This was already public knowledge.

I will not confirm nor deny how many people in this vote are actually in my faction of course, but with the current numbers of all three factions it should be very obvious that a far greater percentage of those voting for UncleSam are FLs than for me/DLE. Not going to dogpile and make statements about whether going against water is good for fire/grass, but for FLs, it's definitely not good!

Also, given that fire currently has so few deaths, I think a lot of FLs that are starving for some info would fine more value in seeing a role PM from its most prominent member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 48)