SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Part of me is even betting that you have to stuff your Terapagos into your Tera Orb in order to use the 19th Tera type on any mon but Terapagos. (The usual loopholes apply when you have more than one Terapagos.)

...With that, there's the possibility that stuffing your Terapagos into your Tera Orb results in all your Pokemon being locked into the 19th Tera type and you being unable to Tera Grass/etc. (heaven knows what happens to Ogerpon in this case).
iirc there's stub text added to change that tera type to a pokemon in the restaurant like all the other types

On that note, I think its kinda interesting how Terapagos' small form is named "Terapagos-Normal" considering this is specifically a Pokémon related to types, considering Normal is usually given to mutable mons (See: Castform, Silvally, Sawsbuck, Arceus, Ditto), and how almost no other base form in the series is named "Normal". You have things such as Darmanitan-Standard or Meloetta-Aria but the only other mon whose base form is named Normal is Deoxys (which was quite literally the first ever time they named a base form)

All this to say two things - Small Terapagos is likely a Normal Type and the Biggest Terapagos form might be named after the 19th tera type (So Terapagos-"Star Crystal" or whatever)
Does it seem like it will be a separate form outside of battle?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Does it seem like it will be a separate form outside of battle?
No, I agree with MaskedFeraligatr in that if Terapagos has another form, it is likely gonna be another Terastalized State form (Like Ogerpon)

With that said, I really don't see the 19th Tera Type being just typeless. Consder that its crown looks like this-

1700705877671.png

- and that the Pokémon most likely to be associated with it also has all 18 types represented within its shell. I highly doubt that 19's visual style would involve "let's display all other types!" if it was the complete opposite by lacking a type. Imo it'd also be kind of counterproductive to focus an entire gen's mechanic around changing types and caping it off with "Ok now here's a special Terastal that has absolutely zero type interactions!" since it just disconnects itself entirely from the rest of the gimmick

If anything, considering the previously mentioned all-type display and the fact it was shown to boost every move in Baxcalibur's moveset, I'm expecting this to somehow allow you to flux between the other 18 types. Not exactly sure how, though

No, I agree with MaskedFeraligatr in that if Terapagos has another form, it is likely gonna be another Terastalized State form (Like Ogerpon)

With that said, I really don't see the 19th Tera Type being just typeless. Consder that its crown looks like this-

View attachment 573466

- and that the Pokémon most likely to be associated with it also has all 18 types represented within its shell. I highly doubt that 19's visual style would involve "let's display all other types!" if it was the complete opposite by lacking a type. Imo it'd also be kind of counterproductive to focus an entire gen's mechanic around changing types and caping it off with "Ok now here's a special Terastal that has absolutely zero type interactions!" since it just disconnects itself entirely from the rest of the gimmick

If anything, considering the previously mentioned all-type display and the fact it was shown to boost every move in Baxcalibur's moveset, I'm expecting this to somehow allow you to flux between the other 18 types. Not exactly sure how, though
Well the absolute funniest option would be treat it like the Legend Plate from LA considering how much people were freaking out at the idea of that making it to a normal game on a Mythic (so its not touching most players anyway in-game) Uber (that's basically a banlist with a banlist).
So now imagine it available for everyone!

My current theory is that it gives you STAB on everything and Tera Blast also hits everything neutrally but the drawback is that you also take boosted damage from everything.
I'm currently placing the most bets on the 19th Tera type behaving just like Gen 8 Protean, including switching the Tera STAB to the type of the move you use just before you use it. ...So it indeed gives you STAB on everything. Dunno if Tera Blast always hits super-effectively (and switches your typing Legend Plate-style), is treated as being every type at the same time (which ensures that sadly many types are immune to it) and possibly switches your typing to every type at the same time (which at least gives you just as many immunities), or something else (e.g. reverts you back to your base typing and uses your base primary type).

The one thing we do know is that the 19th Tera Type doesn’t hit everything super effectively as shown by 19th Tera Type Tera Blast being neutral against Dragonite in one of the trailers
IMG_0487.jpeg
This is the third time I’ve had to do this, the 19th Tera Type is not super effective against everything

Last edited:
Well the absolute funniest option would be treat it like the Legend Plate from LA considering how much people were freaking out at the idea of that making it to a normal game on a Mythic (so its not touching most players anyway in-game) Uber (that's basically a banlist with a banlist).
So now imagine it available for everyone!
That's what everyone feared, but we already know from the trailers that it isn't the case luckily.

Unless that ends up being another ice punch blaziken scenario..

This is the third time I’ve had to do this, the 19th Tera Type is not super effective against everything
I remember a bunch of people guessing that 19th Tera Type Tera Blast hides whether it's super-effective or not by implied type mucking (along the lines of the screen prefers to think that it's Normal-type over calculating what type it really is and then checking that), and the stubbed-out description of that move not hinting at anything. Maybe yet another guess for what that does is that it's the one move that doesn't change your typing?

I’d honestly assume that Tera 19 is a completely neutral typing, while also giving a 1.2x (20%) power boost on all attacks similar to Ogerpon’s masks because of the trailer showing Tera 19’s aura/bordering around all of Baxcalibur’s moves.

In that case, yay, Haxorus and Porygon-Z get a new unwallable 96 BP STAB to spam forever on Screens Hyper Offense!

Welp, Pastebin leak

https://pastebin.com/ksejrB1P

I am really scared of what Iron Tines might do in Reg F if this leak is true.
I can't believe this because the leaker opener is basically "I'm the uncle that work at Nintendo" besides I really doubt that Dipplin evolution would be Bug/ Dragon while the entire family is Grass/Dragon and Poison Peach signature move is too crazy.

ETA: Doku Momo doesn't fit the Loyal Three naming theme, it will probrably be something stupid like Eazypeachy.

Last edited:
The claim that Pursuit got added is the most suspicious (especially when even the overly faithful BDSP sadly ditched the move), but the claim that "All 18 Type Symbols on My Back!" Terapagos-Terastal doesn't have the 19th Tera type is also dang suspicious. Raging Bolt having higher physical attack than special attack also looks overly strange, and my guesses for what Supercharged Cell does are Overheat clone and Steel Beam/Chloroblast clone, not the Meteor Beam clone they're claiming it to be (the Meteor Beam clone part also makes much less flavour sense than my other 2 possibilities). Oh yeah, there's also the part where Khu hinted that "Dokutaro" would get a new ability...and this claims it doesn't.

In happier news, previews of the anime finally showed us Terapagos-Terastal's belly!

Last edited:
Doku Momo doesn't fit the Loyal Three naming theme, it will probrably be something stupid like Eazypeachy.
Even if "Eazypeachy" won't be its official name, I want people to refer to the evil Momotaro as this, because that name is too good.
Remember Ungaboongus, or whatever we thought Brute Bonnet's name was?:brute-bonnet:
[...] my guesses for what Supercharged Cell does are Overheat clone and Steel Beam/Chloroblast clone, not the Meteor Beam clone they're claiming it to be
"Supercharged Cell" as a name sounds suspicious to me, because space included, this name is 17 characters long when no regular move has a name longer than 16 characters in English. :amoonguss:

Last edited:
The claim that Pursuit got added is the most suspicious (especially when even the overly faithful BDSP sadly ditched the move), but the claim that "All 18 Type Symbols on My Back!" Terapagos-Terastal doesn't have the 19th Tera type is also dang suspicious. Raging Bolt having higher physical attack than special attack also looks overly strange, and my guesses for what Supercharged Cell does are Overheat clone and Steel Beam/Chloroblast clone, not the Meteor Beam clone they're claiming it to be (the Meteor Beam clone part also makes much less flavour sense than my other 2 possibilities). Oh yeah, there's also the part where Khu hinted that "Dokutaro" would get a new ability...and this claims it doesn't.

In happier news, previews of the anime finally showed us Terapagos-Terastal's belly!
Supercharged Cell is a separate move from Electro Shot (Archaludon's signature move, which we already know is a version of Meteor Beam that fires off in one turn in rain).

Supercharged Cell is something else, we only know that it's a TM from Serebii's preview. The "leak" here claims that it's essentially Electric Geomancy.
Even if "Eazypeachy" won't be its official name, I want people to refer to the evil Momotaro as this, because that name is too good.
Remember Ungabooguss, or whatever we thought Brute Bonnet's name was?:brute-bonnet:

"Supercharged Cell" as a name sounds suspicious to be, because space included, this name is 17 characters long when no regular move has a name longer than 16 characters in English. :amoonguss:
Supercharged Cell is a real move name, Serebii mentioned it as being a TM in his press preview.

Supercharged Cell is a real move name, Serebii mentioned it as being a TM in his press preview.
So I re-read the Serebii preview, and assuming this is an actual, officially localized move name, the removal of the 16-characters limit of move names is quite a big deal.
Sixteen characters is enough for many creative move names, but as someone who regularly creates plenty of new moves, this limit does restrict the possibilities a little bit.

"Doku Momo" feels done specifically to cater to an ancient Khu hint about how doku had some (vague, unstated) similarities to a(n unspecified) gen 7 Pokemon. A theory was it'd be similar to the Tapu, and "Doku Momo" fits the Tapu cadence

Which to me is just another red flag to the pile of other, far more obvious red flags about why it's not worth giving the pastebin the time of day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)