Smogon Premier League IX - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert arenas

Rex rhydon
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Raiders (9) vs Alpha Ruiners (3)

SM OU: TDK vs Cdumas - Fire game, one of the best this week. I think TDK is one of the best overall and Cdu is great at managing games, so should be nice. I do believe that TDK has the stylistic advantage and probably the slight upper hand as a player if he is a bit more aggressive than last week, so going to favor him.
SM OU: Gondra vs Kory2600 - Really liked Gondra's team and gameplay last week regardless of the loss and while Kory won the first week, I find Gondra to be the (slightly) better of the two. Could go either way and both are very underrated, but favoring Gondra.
SM UU: Pak vs Bushtush
SM RU: -Tsunami- vs Chill Shadow
SM NU: Zukushiku vs snagaa - Both are heat, but Snaga is hungry for this and I feel like more likely to use some creative stuff to give him an edge
SM DOU: Kaori vs Croven
ORAS OU: Gingy vs Hiye
BW OU: Jirachee vs ZoroDark - Zoro is not afraid to go a bit more outside the box and both default to standards, I think
DPP OU: roscoe vs We Three Kings
ADV OU: BKC vs undisputed - Very excited to see this one!
GSC OU: choolio vs idiotfrommars - Really impressive showing last week from Choolio -- looking forward to seeing what he comes up with and his approach for this one, especially given how IFM is.
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs roudolf13

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Congregation of the Necc (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Sabella vs BHARATH_THEBEST
SM OU: Blackoblivion vs Lednah
SM UU: Sacri' vs dodmen
SM RU: Ajna vs Tricking
SM NU: Pohjis vs Teddeh
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Demantoid
ORAS OU: Znain vs Axel
BW OU: LuckOverSkill vs bluri
DPP OU: NightFox vs ToF
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Kevin Garrett
GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Pleasure
RBY OU: Lusch vs GGFan

Team Raiders (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (6)

SM OU: TDK vs Cdumas
SM OU: Gondra vs Kory2600
SM NU: Zukushiku vs snagaa
BW OU: Jirachee vs ZoroDark
DPP OU: roscoe vs We Three Kings
ADV OU: BKC vs undisputed
GSC OU: choolio vs idiotfrommars
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs roudolf13

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (5)

SM OU: Mazinger vs psychicmewtwo
SM OU: John vs z0mog
SM UU: Manipulative vs Christo
SM RU: Windsong vs SilentVerse
SM NU: Kushalos vs Ultra MEEPS
SM DOU: Jhon vs stax
ORAS OU: xray vs Get this Money
BW OU: Posho vs dice
DPP OU: Honor vs Bluewind
ADV OU: Triangles vs UD
GSC OU: d0nut vs Lavos
RBY OU: marcoasd vs badabing

Indie Scooters (8) vs Wifi Wolfpack (4)

SM OU: Flamingvictini vs ABR
SM OU: Obliviate vs Trosko
SM UU: Lycans vs Cynde
SM RU: Feliburn vs soulgazer
SM NU: Eternally vs Earth
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs marilli
ORAS OU: Mounts vs Updated Kanto
BW OU: Elodin vs SoulWind
DPP OU: Boudouche vs Void
ADV OU: Ojama vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: Giara vs Fear
RBY OU: Alexander vs The Idiot Ninja

Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs Cryonicles (6)

SM OU: p2 vs Poek
SM OU: azogue vs Snou
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs HT
SM RU: Eternal Spirit vs New Breed
SM NU: Hootie vs ict
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs biosci
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs CrashinBoomBang
BW OU: McMeghan vs Funkasaurus
DPP OU: Tamahome vs aim
ADV OU: CALLOUS vs danilo
GSC OU: k3nan vs sulcata
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Peasounay

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since I forgot to do predicts last week, I guess I'll do them this time! This is gonna be the last post I make before I dip for a week or so, so I'll see you guys when my exams are over n_n

SM OU:
Sabella vs BHARATH_THEBEST - Gonna have to root for my Indian brother BTB this week. BTB lost to an insanely lopsided matchup week one, basically being annihilated by CB Zygarde + Healing Wish, so I think he's going to be motivated to go the extra mile in prepping this week, having an opponent that wasn't subbed in last second and win vs Sabella in convincing fashion.

Blackoblivion vs Lednah - BO is the goat so I think he's gonna smash Lednah with another really cool offensive team. Last week he used NP Mewnium Mew, and I think he's gonna bring another cool tech this week that's going to blow away Lednah.

TDK vs Cdumas - Probably the highlight match of the week, with two of the top 5 players in this SM pool squaring off. I just think it's incredibly hard to pick against TDK because he's arguably the best builder in the pool and a fantastic player to boot. Cdumas can certainly take this game if he plays very well, but I'm giving TDK the edge here.

Gondra vs Kory2600 - Kory is my boy and he had an impressive showing last week, smashing Trosko with Mega Medicham, and I think he can capitilize on his momentum this week by pulling off another convincing win.

Mazinger vs psychicmewtwo - PM2 played fantastic week 1, beating Sabella in convincing fashion and I think he can carry forward that momentum with a solid performance this week, but Mazinger is a super solid player and can definitely beat pm2 if he's on his game.

John vs z0mog - John is fucking fantastic and I don't think this pick needs much explanation since he's the best player in the pool imo.

Flamingvictini vs ABR - These are two of the best players in the pool and they're pretty much neck and neck in terms of both playing ability and building skill, so I'm just gonna take the one that's more motivated to win this week, as ABR's coming off of a loss.

Obliviate vs Trosko - Trosko is a super good player and I don't think he's going to drop back to back games, especially so early on in the season, considering the insane amount of SM support that he has.

p2 vs Poek - Poek's just better than p2 and unless there's another incredibly uneven matchup this week, I think that he's going to lose.

azogue vs Snou - I'm feeling like Snou is gonna bring a really weird build that's going to surprise azogue and end up giving him an early advantage that he capitalizes on this week.
ORAS OU:
Znain vs Axel - These guys are both super solid players, but I think Axel's a good bit better and will bring a solid Mega Metagross type bulky offense this week and smash past whatever Znain wants to build.

Gingy vs Hiye - Gingy is red hot right now, coming off of a fantastic performance week one, whereas Hiye just got pretty handily outplayed by Updated Kanto, so I think this is going to be a surprisingly lopsided match between these two.

xray vs Get this Money - I'm not quite sure which to pick between these two, but I feel like xray is gonna bring a pretty solid team and narrowly beat GTM in a good game this time around. This is gonna be a really close game and I'm excited to watch.

Mounts vs Updated Kanto - Kanto is fucking fantastic and it was great to see him do so well week one. I think he's really gonna blossom this season and quickly rise to become one of the best ORAS players around. Mounts is definitely no slouch, but I really want Kanto to win this one and think he will, so I'm gonna be picking him this time around.

Nintendi vs CrashinBoomBang - CBB just had his first major tournament game in a couple years and it was everything we expected and more with him winning a nail-biter vs Mounts. He's incredibly solid and if CBB gets on a roll early on in this game, Nintendi won't be able to stop him. I think this battle in gonna be decided at the start of the match. If CBB can get a lead early on, he'll be in Nintendi's head and be able to capitalize on his momentum, but Nintendi is also very good himself and can win this game for sure if he gets off to a strong start.
DPP OU:
Tamahome vs aim - Joey's coming off of a fairly poor performance week one vs a boudouche rain team and Tama's almost unanimously considered the best DPP player in this pool, so I think that joey's gonna be pushed to an 0-2 start and then go on a mean streak in future weeks with his motivation being very high to prove he's one of the best DPP players instead of DPP just being one of the many tiers he plays.

Boudouche vs Void - Boudouche had an interesting win vs Joey week one, and I just think he's a more solid player than Void overall and will be able to capitalize on the momentum that he established last week. I've seen both of these guys around in various places, and I think that boud also seems like the one who's more motivated to do well in this tour.

Honor vs Bluewind - I'm not a huge fan of either of these players, but I think Honor is a little better overall, so I'll pick him.

roscoe vs We Three Kings - Moxie's on a fairly hot streak in official tours lately, and while some may think that roscoe's a more solid DPP player, I think he'll pull off the mini-upsetand take this one home for the ruiners.

NightFox vs ToF - I think that while Nightfox a fairly good player overall, he's one of the weaker players in this pool relative to everyone else. ToF's a bit better than him and will be able to bounce back from losing to the best player in the pool this week.

Last edited:
BW OU: Posho vs dice : good luck to both !
BW OU: McMeghan vs Funkasaurus

and of course, go french !

SM NU: Pohjis vs Teddeh -Teddeh is doing really well right now, while pohjis didnt have the best week 1 game. I can very well see the open winner defeating teddeh, but I think this game will also depend on teambuilding (from pohjis' part)
SM NU: Zukushiku vs snagaa -I haven't seen zukushiku play an NU game ever so favoring snaga in this one, cause I'm sure he'll be motivated to win. But I've heard that zuku is HEAT so who knows.
SM NU: Kushalos vs Ultra MEEPS -While I dont like his teams, they work really well and he is good in terms of skill, so predicting meeps to take it home. Kush could very well win tho.
SM NU: Eternally vs Earth -I cannot predict against any of these two ;w; Eternally is better overall but he tends to misplay a bit at some points (which has cost him games in both snake and SPL), while earth's playing is very volatile imo. I'm expecting a cool team from earth (he has rozes to build for him) and I think this will depend on how's earth's day. Go vivs! :)
SM NU: Hootie vs ict -If ict manages to make a good team and have decent matchup I think that he will win bc he has more playing skill, but Hootie's teams are really solid so I'm expecting this to be a close game in which the most important factor is gonna be the teambuilding.

Extremely in depth predictions which only people who are, like, really smart could comprehend

Congregation of the Classiest (5) vs Stark Sharks (7)

SM UU: Sacri' vs dodmen - dodmen is heat
SM RU: Ajna vs Tricking - ajna is heat
SM NU: Pohjis vs Teddeh - teddeh played very well W1
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Demantoid
DPP OU: NightFox vs ToF
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Kevin Garrett - KG gonna have to work for this one if he wants a win
GSC OU: Jimmy Turtwig vs Pleasure - this should be a pleasure to watch
RBY OU: Lusch vs GGFan - two of my favorite RBY players, but I think Lusch has the edge; Lusch beat GGFan with a Venusaur in a big finals

Team Raiders (7) vs Alpha Ruiners (5)

SM NU: Zukushiku vs snagaa -Zuku albeit losing played a good game and snagaa got his neck chopped
DPP OU: roscoe vs We Three Kings - WTK despite playing well W1 isn't favored here
ADV OU: BKC vs undisputed - undis will get a game winning para/freeze/flinch
GSC OU: choolio vs idiotfrommars - choolio played a great game and will be back
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs roudolf13 - better player

Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Dragonspiral Tyrants (6)

SM OU: Mazinger vs psychicmewtwo - big win vs chansey offense; will be back
SM UU: Manipulative vs Christo
SM RU: Windsong vs SilentVerse
SM NU: Kushalos vs Ultra MEEPS - has a choice band at the ready
SM DOU: Jhon vs stax
ORAS OU: xray vs Get this Money
BW OU: Posho vs dice - dice is super heat
DPP OU: Honor vs Bluewind - is named ABR
ADV OU: Triangles vs UD - Ugly goatling
GSC OU: d0nut vs Lavos - lavos is cash
RBY OU: marcoasd vs badabing - marco

Indie Scooters (5) vs Wifi Wolfpack (7)

SM OU: Flamingvictini vs ABR - is named ABR
SM UU: Lycans vs Cynde
SM RU: Feliburn vs soulgazer - soulgazer is unbeatable
SM NU: Eternally vs Earth - sick W1 game dude
SM DOU: miltankmilk vs marilli
DPP OU: Boudouche vs Void
ADV OU: Ojama vs Astamatitos - KINGPIN
GSC OU: Giara vs Fear - played well W1 and giara's game was very close
RBY OU: Alexander vs The Idiot Ninja - pasta fight (also has bigger biceps)

Circus Maximus Tigers (2) vs Cryonicles (10)

SM OU: p2 vs Poek - this already happened but if i were a betting man I woulda said Poek
SM UU: A Hero's Destiny vs HT - this man's name is hairy toenail
SM RU: Eternal Spirit vs New Breed - unbeatable god
SM NU: Hootie vs ict
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs biosci - this man is cash and you can't tell me otherwise
ORAS OU: Nintendi vs CrashinBoomBang - CBB has transcended from a higher plane to bless us with his unmatched knowledge of the ORAS metagame
BW OU: McMeghan vs Funkasaurus - McM is the goat
DPP OU: Tamahome vs aim - tama will be hesitant to bring rachi because joey will prep for rachi, thus creating an intense rachi mindgame
ADV OU: CALLOUS vs danilo - beat the kingpin
GSC OU: k3nan vs sulcata - movieaboutcancer
RBY OU: Diegolh vs Peasounay - Beasounay

Last edited:
LuckOverSkill
Jirachee
Posho
SoulWind
McMeghan

Nightfox
roscoe
Honor
Boudouche
Tamahome

thelinearcurve
BKC
UD
Ojama
Danilo

Pleasure
idiotfrommars
Lavos
Giara
sulcata

GGFan
MetalGro$$
marcoasd
Alexander
Peasounay

Bonus prediction: Mazinger vs psychicmewtwo

SM OU: Mazinger vs psychicmewtwo

SM OU: Flamingvictini vs ABR

SPL 9 yt playlist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)