Tournament UPL XII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Programmed for the final function
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Blazenix

The twelfth UPL season will start with the selection of team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to manage a team – all other posts will be deleted. Returning managers will have stronger claims, but in the end we (the UPL Hosts and Ubers Moderation Team) will be selecting the managers that we think will make for the best tournament. You must signup in this thread to manage. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months) and be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time.

The format for UPL XI will be:
- SV Ubers
- SV Ubers
- SV Ubers
- SS Ubers
- USM Ubers
- ORAS Ubers
- BW Ubers
- DPP Ubers
- ADV Ubers
- GSC Ubers
- RBY Ubers
- Best of Three: SV / SS / USM

Legacy teams and new franchise names are up to host and Ubers moderation discretion

Both managers will have the opportunity to buy themselves for 20k credits before the auction. Each team will be allowed a maximum of two retains. Retain trading is not allowed in this tournament.

Signup Format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Desired Team/New Team Name:
Prior Experience:
Manager signups will close Sunday, May 19th.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Manager: Icemaster
Assistant Manager: TrueNora
Desired Team/New Team Name: Dangerous Dracovish

Prior Experience: Nora and I have played every Ubers team tournament between us: MW, UPL, UWC, WCOP, SCL, UWTT including with the Vishes 4 and 3 times respectively, so we know what it takes to make a good Ubers team and have plenty of experience with the franchise. Anyone who's teamed with Nora knows how incredibly helpful he is with prep.

Dave would like us to take over the team and we hope to bring the Vishes back to their pre 2023 heights.

Manager: Icemaster
Assistant Manager: TrueNora
Desired Team/New Team Name: Dangerous Dracovish

Prior Experience: Nora and I have played every Ubers team tournament between us: MW, UPL, UWC, WCOP, SCL, UWTT including with the Vishes 4 and 3 times respectively, so we know what it takes to make a good Ubers team and have plenty of experience with the franchise. Anyone who's teamed with Nora knows how incredibly helpful he is with prep.

Dave would like us to take over the team and we hope to bring the Vishes back to their pre 2023 heights.
Confirming

Manager: velvet
Assistant Manager: Fragments
Desired Team/New Team Name: Defiant Durians / Zephyr Zacians
Prior Experience: I’ve participated in circuit tournaments + managed UWC and managed other tours like OUPL, NDPL, WCOP, etc. Fragments has also played UWC and has played/managed teams that include ubers in it such as BLT, PTPL, EPL, etc. With our knowledge of the community and ableness to support any gens of Ubers we can help create a fun and active environment with strong playoff contenders.

Last edited:
Manager: -Howkings
Assistant Manager: Fogbound Lake
Desired Team/New Team Name: High-Rise Ho-Ohs (new team, we have no preference on retain pools; will gladly work with any past franchise!)
Prior Experience: I have managed dozens of team tournament on the site in the past few years. Those have been both Official and Unofficial ones, and Ubers has seen representation as a tier in most of them; be it SCL, generational PLs or other tournaments across the site. I also have been consistently doing well, achieving good results in the majority of them. I have already worked, in an auction context, with all of the tiers involved in the tournament, and I think I got to the point where I know the player pools very well.

Fog will be my Assistant for this tournament and I think he needs no introduction here: longtime and very involved member of the Ubers community, he's been playing many generations of Ubers, in many circuits across Smogon, for years. Those include several past editions of UPL, as well as generational PLs and even Official (SCL both as a player and in preparation). He's collected his fair share of good, and even great results as a player, and he will be supporting many slots of our team. That is why we feel ready for having a good tournament.

A special thank you to DaWolfKid for the wonderful logo :heart:

HR Ho-oh.png

Last edited:

Fogbound Lake

Qunka!
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
World Defender
Manager: -Howkings
Assistant Manager: Fogbound Lake
Desired Team/New Team Name: TBD
Prior Experience: I have managed dozens of team tournament on the site in the past few years. Those have been both Official and Unofficial ones, and Ubers has seen representation as a tier in most of them; be it SCL, generational PLs or other tournaments across the site. I also have been consistently doing, achieving good results in the majority of them. I have already worked, in an auction context, with all of the tiers involved in the tournament, and I think I got to the point where I know the player pools very well.

Fog will be my Assistant for this tournament and I think he needs no introduction here: longtime and very involved member of the Ubers community, he's been playing many generations of Ubers, in many circuits across Smogon, for years. Those include several past editions of UPL, as well as generational PLs and even Official (SCL both as a player and in preparation). He's collected his fair share of good, and even great results as a player, and he will be supporting many slots of our team. That is why we feel ready for having a good tournament.
confirming

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
I will lead Devastating Dialgas to glory with entrocefalo.

First things first, some issues might be addressed regarding my activities due to what happened last year. I promise this will not happen twice.
Besides that, me and entro have experience across multiple gens, entro is among the top players in SV and I have good knowledge of both the players across the different gens and in the gens themselves.

entrocefalo

is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributor
NatDex Slam Winner
I will lead Devastating Dialgas to glory with entrocefalo.

First things first, some issues might be addressed regarding my activities due to what happened last year. I promise this will not happen twice.
Besides that, me and entro have experience across multiple gens, entro is among the top players in SV and I have good knowledge of both the players across the different gens and in the gens themselves.
Confirming

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: velvet
Assistant Manager: Fragments
Desired Team/New Team Name: Defiant Durians / Zephyr Zacians
Prior Experience: I’ve participated in circuit tournaments + managed UWC and managed other tours like OUPL, NDPL, WCOP, etc. Fragments has also played UWC and has played/managed teams that include ubers in it such as BLT, PTPL, EPL, etc. With our knowledge of the community and ableness to support any gens of Ubers we can help create a fun and active environment with strong playoff contenders.
Confirming

GeniusFromHoenn

Finding my way
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: Me
Ass. Manager: 64 Squares

Me and 64 squares are both good managers - I won last upl and 64 has vast knowledge on almost every uber gen. We are experienced and active in Uber circuit tours aswell, I made circuit semi finals as well as recent ult quarters. 64 just won dpp cup and made many other great tour runs in the past.
I'm aware 64 squares was banned for poor behavior as a manager during UPL X. He has grown ever since and we promise he will not repeat this kind of behavior.
We will make sure to provide a great team environment, looking forward to this opportunity of managing in upl!

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Me
Ass. Manager: 64 Squares

Me and 64 squares are both good managers - I won last upl and 64 has vast knowledge on almost every uber gen. We are experienced and active in Uber circuit tours aswell, I made circuit semi finals as well as recent ult quarters. 64 just won dpp cup and made many other great tour runs in the past.
I'm aware 64 squares was banned for poor behavior as a manager during UPL X. He has grown ever since and we promise he will not repeat this kind of behavior.
We will make sure to provide a great team environment, looking forward to this opportunity of managing in upl!
Confirming. Matured a lot these past 2 years and learned from my mistakes, I am 100% committed to fostering an amazing team environment where everyone is welcome. Extremely excited to lead the Melmetals back to glory! :]

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Manager: Dr. Phd. BJ
Assistant Manager: clean
Desired Team/New Team Name: Teflon Bikes

Prior Experience:
drphdbj is a renowned tactician in the competitive Pokémon scene, known for his innovative strategies and in-depth game knowledge. With a legacy of top finishes in previous tournaments, drphdbj brings a wealth of experience and a keen analytical mind to the Teflon Bikes. He's a master of adaptation, consistently staying ahead of the meta and capable of turning the tides of battle with his clever plays. drphdbj embodies the spirit of the Holy Ghost with his mysterious and unpredictable approach, leaving opponents guessing and teammates inspired.

clean, on the other hand, is the embodiment of team spirit and leadership. His communication skills and ability to foster camaraderie have turned various teams into tight-knit powerhouses. As a manager, clean is proactive, supportive, and always looking to bring out the best in each player. He channels the essence of the Holy Ghost through his presence, instilling confidence and fearlessness in the Teflon Bikes lineup, making the team an unstoppable force on the field.

Fearless, unpredictable, brain damaged. Together, drphdbj's strategic brilliance and clean's motivational prowess create an unbeatable combination, ensuring the Teflon Bikes are not just participants, but top contenders for the title.

Last edited:

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Manager: Dr. Phd. BJ
Assistant Manager: clean
Desired Team/New Team Name: Teflon Bikes

Prior Experience:
drphdbj is a renowned tactician in the competitive Pokémon scene, known for his innovative strategies and in-depth game knowledge. With a legacy of top finishes in previous tournaments, drphdbj brings a wealth of experience and a keen analytical mind to the Teflon Bikes. He's a master of adaptation, consistently staying ahead of the meta and capable of turning the tides of battle with his clever plays. drphdbj embodies the spirit of the Holy Ghost with his mysterious and unpredictable approach, leaving opponents guessing and teammates inspired.

clean, on the other hand, is the embodiment of team spirit and leadership. His communication skills and ability to foster camaraderie have turned various teams into tight-knit powerhouses. As a manager, clean is proactive, supportive, and always looking to bring out the best in each player. He channels the essence of the Holy Ghost through his presence, instilling confidence and fearlessness in the "Teflon Bikes" lineup, making the team an unstoppable force on the field.

Fearless, unpredictable, brain damaged. Together, drphdbj's strategic brilliance and clean's motivational prowess create an unbeatable combination, ensuring the Teflon Bikes are not just participants, but top contenders for the title.

teflond.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)