Rejected Let players know when their opponent is barred from chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a vpn almost all the time, and this prevents me from using chat. But opponents will occasionally try to start chatting and I feel rude not being able to reply. A simple auto-reply of "This user is unable to respond" or something to that effect might be nice.

Or maybe just allow accounts of a certain age to use chat even when behind a vpn/proxy?

I use a vpn almost all the time, and this prevents me from using chat. But opponents will occasionally try to start chatting and I feel rude not being able to reply. A simple auto-reply of "This user is unable to respond" or something to that effect might be nice.

Or maybe just allow accounts of a certain age to use chat even when behind a vpn/proxy?
I really really love this idea. When I am at school I use a VPN to play and I am addicted to following the rules and chatting in rooms so this would be a major win.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
You can already find out that someone is locked if they have the prefix: .

Otherwise, there's not actually much of a benefit to drawing more attention to locked users, even if the circumstance is just because a VPN is being used. If anything, it's actually better from a staffing perspective if someone gives up on trying to engage with a locked person after seeing no response, rather than continuing to try and chat with them or trying to dig into why they "cannot respond". Closing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)