Tournaments SSPL I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion

amazing logo from Clementine
Welcome to the first edition of the Sword & Shield Premier League! This thread is for the signups for those who wish to manage in the tour. Information about the tournament can be found in the SS OU Discord server, and in the Commencement thread. The hosts for this edition of SSPL are Clementine and Lalaya.

There will be 6 teams for this tournament.
When signing up, YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH AN ASSISTANT MANAGER and state who they are. ONLY ONE OF THE TWO MANAGERS will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits prior to the draft if they wish to do so.

Please sign up using the following format:

Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Managers will be chosen based on experience in SS tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

The 10 Slots for this tournament are:
  • SS Ubers
  • SS OU
  • SS OU
  • SS OU
  • SS DOU
  • SS UU
  • SS RU
  • SS NU
  • SS PU
  • SS LC
Tiers and number of slots may be subject to change.

Signups will close on Friday, April 14th, 11:59 PM GMT+1.

Last edited by a moderator:

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Manager: dex
Co-Manager: Baloor
Team Name: Corviknights of the LOOR's Table

I have experience managing/hosting/playing in various team tours, including hosting BDSPPL, managing CAPPL, and managing and winning CAPCL. I also played in PSPL, NUSD, TPPL, and OMWC. I'm currently a player in UUFPL and SMPL. I am also an active rater for SS OU and was extremely active in the BDSP community when it was CG. Baloor is Baloor. He has played in/won SPL, WCOP, PTPL, and many other SS tours and comes equipped with a vast knowledge of most SS tiers. He is the goat, simply put.

Together, we have a wide-reaching network, and we know most people across the various SS metagames. We're both passionate about SS's tiers and would be excited to manage SSPL!

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Manager: Dave
Co-Manager: Leru
Team Name: Dave's Dragapults

leru and I are currently managing: SMPL, ADVPL, UUFPL, NPL and just finished CAPCL.

I have managed many SS tours including SPL and SCL (2/2 playoffs + 1 win in the latter). I'm extremely familiar with the entire SS playerbase and am excited to continue managing with SS as the primary generation.

Leru just recently made finals in SCL playing SS PU and overall has excellent results across most SS tournaments.

Last edited:
Manager: sasha
Assistant Manager: avarice
Team Name: TBD

Managed ORAS PL to finals, managing SMPL currently, etc etc, avarice has managed PUPL, won NUPL, won SCL, and more. We're both experienced with all the tiers as we've been in SCL+WCOP and played SS heavily between participating in various lower tiers' PLs and SDs when it was CG, and would like to manage :D

Last edited:
Manager: Gtcha
Assistant Manager: One Last Kiss
Team Name: Sunset Sunrises Chansey's

Bio Captain: Bleach has proven to be a powerful player of the tier with undisputed records in team tours, Winning last year's spl with a 10-1 record Playing only SS OU, Winning other tours like the Italian community teamballo, and providing good Victories to his teams in the last team tours in which he was involved. I forgot to add that bleach won last year scl too 0.0

For my part, I can contribute my experience as a captain, in addition to being a lover of the tier, I managed to qualify for the ss championship last year and win the ptpl of the Portuguese community where I got our first CA together with my teammates.

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Aqua Jet
Assistant Manager: Fc
Team Name: Dragon Dancin' Regidrago's

I have a 100% playoff rate as a manager and don't intend to tarnish that record, and Fc has managed multiple tours (both on Discord and on Smogon), as well as having competed in many high-level Smogon tournaments including but not limited to SPL, SCL, and WCOP.

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Mananger: hunternoooob
Co-manager: DiannieRatson
Team Manager: Drunken Drapions

I have managed in many discord team tours and have mainly played only ss in my life.Also currently capping in bss wcup.

About my co cap he has some experience in managing and had played i team tours like gsc pl, nusd, zu olympiad, alt pl, and rbywc. We would love to be a part of the pl as managing duo!

Mananger: hunternoooob
Co-manager: DiannieRatson
Team Manager: Drunken Drapions

I have managed in many discord team tours and have mainly played only ss in my life.Also currently capping in bss wcup.

About my co cap he has some experience in managing and had played i team tours like gsc pl, nusd, zu olympiad, alt pl, and rbywc. We would love to be a part of the pl as managing duo!
Confirming xd

Manager: fakenagol
Co-Manager: clean
Team Name: Nick's Necrozma

Clean is an SS starter for SPL and did decent for his debut and a great guy and also has a good understanding of the meta game.

Co- Manager: bb skarm
Team Name: Dc's Delibirds

Skarm played in SS snake last year so he's very familiar with lower tiers. Also he's managing other PL's such as UUPL as far as I can recall. We're the perfect duo :blobthumbsup:

Me however, why do I need an introduction? Ill let my results speak for itself

1680538860447.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553050
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553074
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553096
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553129

decked all these users in the face. do i need to say even more? the 2x stour, 1x ost, and 1x gslam champ is here to take over. even Empo & ima say im the goat at SS too that says a lot

1680539433306.png

1680539494705.png

Last edited:

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
Manager: fakenagol
Co-Manager: clean
Team Name: Nick's Necrozma

Clean is an SS starter for SPL and did decent for his debut and a great guy and also has a good understanding of the meta game.

Me however, why do I need an introduction? Ill let my results speak for itself

View attachment 504902

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553050
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553074
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553096
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553113
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ou-553129

decked all these users in the face. do i need to say even more? the 2x stour, 1x ost, and 1x gslam champ is here to take over. even Empo & ima say im the goat at SS too that says a lot

View attachment 504905
View attachment 504906
Not only is nagol the goat at SS Overused, but he also shadow managed the bigs to the first winning season in almost a decade. Without him, Ox the Cocks and I would have been helpless as managers.

I am not as familiar with clean's game as I probably should be, but FakeNagol 100% deserves a manager spot no matter who his assistant is. Please do not allow Smogon's agenda against Asian representation to blind you as hosts during this selection process.

Confirming as comanager since clean doesn’t want to
thank you my brother bb skarm, alhamdulilah, i hope ramadan is well for you brother :blobthumbsup: i'll be managing with bb skarm now

anyways, like i said we got a new assistant manager going. it'd be a joke if you guys did not even consider me, you seen the likes from empo and ima and the recommendation from my former manager (the GOAT vulpix03). ive peaked ladder more than half of these kids in this thread did in their lives! Here's more proof of my wins as well vs the best players on the site in SS

OST

ostwin.png

STOUR

stourwin1.png

STOUR
stourwin2.png

they don't call me the 2x stour and 1x ost champ for no reason

thank you my brother bb skarm, alhamdulilah, i hope ramadan is well for you brother :blobthumbsup: i'll be managing with bb skarm now

anyways, like i said we got a new assistant manager going. it'd be a joke if you guys did not even consider me, you seen the likes from empo and ima and the recommendation from my former manager (the GOAT vulpix03). ive peaked ladder more than half of these kids in this thread did in their lives! Here's more proof of my wins as well vs the best players on the site in SS

OST

View attachment 504964

STOUR

View attachment 504965

STOUR
View attachment 504966

they don't call me the 2x stour and 1x ost champ for no reason
comfirming as co manager i lvoe you nagol! please be my manager! i am begging:blobtriumph:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager: dex
Co-Manager: Baloor
Team Name: Corviknights of the LOOR's Table

I have experience managing/hosting/playing in various team tours, including hosting BDSPPL. I also played in PSPL. I am also an active rater for SS OU and was extremely active in the BDSP community when it was CG. Baloor is Baloor. He played in SPL, WCOP, PTPL, and many other SS tours and comes equipped with a vast knowledge of most SS tiers.

Together, we have a wide-reaching network, and we know most people across the various SS metagames. We're both passionate about SS's tiers and would be excited to manage SSPL!
confirmo

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: Dj Breloominati♬
Assistant Manager: Piyush25
Team Name: The Rolykohlis :rolycoly:

I have managed and participated in MPL, HPL, UbersWC, MonoWC, and CAPPL. Ive also participated in UPL, UUSD, RUPL, RUSD, NUSD, PUPL, DOUWC, PTPL and Teamballo in the past year. As for Piyush, he has captained in PUWC, UbersWC, and HPL (finalist) along with me. He has also played in LCWC, PTPL and won the most recent edition of Teamballo. Besides this, we were specially involved in Wcop for our respective teams. Thus we share good knowledge of both the tiers and their playerbase, and are quite confident about drafting a competent team.
We promise to foster a good team environment, as any former player on our team would advocate for. Looking forward to make best use of any oppurtunity thrown our way :woo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)