SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

yknow if these are fake the faker is excellent ngl.
Jesus Christ, this one caught me by surprise. I've been asking for a giant filthy quadrupedal frog for a long time now, but a soulless newt that covers all the same bases is fine by me. I mean that in a flattering way. It's refreshing to have a more bestial amphibian for once.

View attachment 463456
Tera Blast TM, at number 171 and confirming its stats.
Thank you. It's always agony when move data is one of the last things to dump.

Huh? This is basically 80 base power hidden power that also gets stab when you terastalize and can be physical... Busted
It requires that the player burn his gimmick for the battle, after which it just becomes a reliable STAB move.
It is not the second coming of HP Ice Koko, unless it can somehow reset to its original type after popping off.

for a bug gym leader this area is kinda giving me ghost vibes, are you sure this is the bug gym leader?
Pretty sure.
1667944191334.png

Also the ghost gym leader is this woman who is apparently a rapper, but I'm not sure where I heard that at the moment.
1667944272335.png

EDIT:
1667944424630.png

Khu on the ghost rapper leader.
Also looking back I found out he mentioned Katy's "tear mole" (khu warning) before and said she was teased in trailer 1 with the spiderweb.
1667944502505.png

Last edited:
Also i'd point that if he's speaking of VGC... Cinderace saw virtually no use in high tier competition despite having a OP ability for singles.

Conception of "op" varies a lot between VGC and smogon, and even between regions sometimes.
It is not the second coming of HP Ice Koko, unless it can somehow reset to its original type after popping off.
I mean, it can be the secondcoming of HP ice Koko, just you'll have a Ice type Koko in first place...

khu having not seen the movepool is exactly why I Don't think it's prankster, as far as broken abilities are concerned, prankster is by far one of the most movepool-reliant ones
Prankster is somewhat movepool-reliant, but not as movepool-reliant as even more broken ability Contrary.

...Which I can sanely see Meowscarada getting. ...Despite Serperior already getting it.

Khu's knee-jerk reaction and then realizing the movepool could doom it is precisely why I think that, given Khu's reaction alone, it is more likely to be Prankster or Contrary than Magic Guard or Magic Bounce. (I guess Shadow Tag is more movepool-dependent. In the meantime, Magic Bounce is so movepool-independent that RMTs explicitly mention switching Magic Bouncers in to bounce Stealth Rock instead of devoting that text space to moves or EVs.)

View attachment 463460

had to study 15th century spanish outfits for a commission so i decided to take a crack at my own meowscarada. kinda spiraled completely away from the original design but imo you can make something stand on two legs and not feel too much like a mascot suit/human
See: Typhlosion
These are quadrupeds that can do the Tripod stance for extra visibility or intimidation

Will bug type Pokemon EVER miss in these last few gens?

Vikavolt, Ribombee, Orbeetle, Centiskorch, and now this chainsaw locust? The bug roster is STACKED.
I would even start at BW the trend. In that Gen they realized the majority of previous Bug types were bad and repetitive (4 similar bad Bug Flying Mons, 4 more diverse Bug Flying Mons, one of which is also terrible) and started to design them way better and more diverse. Like, in BW the worst is Leavanny, which at least in game isn't that bad, everything else is really good both in competitive and design wise. In XY the only one was Vivillon, but that thing is a badass Mon that was usable in AG (and also had the 36336726 forms gimmick and an exclusive move), also 4 badass broken Megas.

I don't see tera blast being used like hidden power was. Why would you turn your zapdos into ice type for example?

But occasionally we will see a ground type volcarona making waves.
The main "problem" with Tera Blast is that it takes a move slot.

Most of the pokemon you'd use Hidden Power on that weren't using it "just because shit moveset", usually already struggled with 4MSS to hit this or that check.
Running Tera Blast means you're actually saying "I *need* to Teralyze this". I mean, ofc there are exceptions who only really need stabs and maybe a setup move, but generally you're not willing to commit 1/4th of your moveset to a extremely conditional one unless that pokemon is your wincon. Think of Power Herb Meteor Beam, or Acrobatics, but much worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)