Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Oh I don't see it as a bad thing at all, really, just noting that the datamine seemed to indicate that the "normally avialable" legends werent in the dens. So if this is more than just "hey, you can get ALL the legendary pokemon across the dlc and games" that'd be neat! Especially for living dex purposes....

also google translate seems to say that this mentions there will be an Endless Mode option for dynamax adventures, can someone confirm?
さらにダイマックスアドベンチャーには、巣穴をより深く調査していくモード「ダイマックスアドベンチャーエンドレスモード」がある。このエンドレスモードでは、バトルに敗北するまで挑戦し続けることができるので、どこまで勝ち続けることができるか、チャレンジしてみよう!

Dynamax Adventure Endless Mode: basically you keep challenging Dynamax raids until you lose, so like Battle Tree/Tower

They've release the schedule for when the other Hat Pikachu codes will be available here.

Original Cap: in the stream earlier, code P1KACHUGET
Hoenn Cap: anime episode on October 2nd starting 18:55 JST
Sinnoh Cap: anime episode on October 9th starting 18:55 JST
Unova Cap: anime episode on October 16th starting 18:55 JST
Kalos Cap: Pokenchi on October 18th starting 08:00 JST
Alola Cap: anime episode on October 23rd starting 18:55 JST
World Cap: anime episode on October 30th starting 18:55 JST
I Choose You! Cap: TBA

Something interesting I'm seeing in the screenshots is that during the "dynamax adventure"
1601386349344.png

You can actually relatively easily guess what the pokemon you are going to face are, making it easier (expecially with friends) to decide which to face.

Relatively because tbfh I can't really figure what the Bug and Psychic are.

Something interesting I'm seeing in the screenshots is that during the "dynamax adventure"
View attachment 278766
You can actually relatively easily guess what the pokemon you are going to face are, making it easier (expecially with friends) to decide which to face.

Relatively because tbfh I can't really figure what the Bug and Psychic are.
Yeah we've seen that you can make out what's in there since they first showed it off, though it kind of looks like they might've increased the fog obscuring things.

"Some Legendary Pokémon appear only in Pokémon Sword with the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass, while others appear only in Pokémon Shield with the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass."

Not surprising but worth noting.
Let's be honest it would have been silly to expect otherwise, "version exclusive" legendaries have been a thing for all previous iterations of this mechanic.

Though, since you can invite friends or join people with the other version's expeditions, it's again much less of an hassle in gen 8.

I thought it was interesting that on the "Returning Legendaries!" picture they showed, it features both Urshifu forms, Eternatus, as well as Zacian and Zamazenta. I wonder if that means they will be available in raids.

edit: I see this was discussed on the previous page. Everything going so fast atm!

Last edited:
ok, so, like, wow i guess i was kind of tuning out the entire time they were explaining this thing huh

that's pretty interesting
So it's possible we'll have to use rental mons to fight the legendaries AND we won't be able to know in advance which one AND we might have to deal with bad catch rates.

Is it just me or does that sound like a massive pain in the ass? Especially if they are indeed repeatable since basically the only way you could get a specific legendary in the Ultra Wormholes was by process of elimination.

So it's possible we'll have to use rental mons to fight the legendaries AND we won't be able to know in advance which one AND we might have to deal with bad catch rates.

Is it just me or does that sound like a massive pain in the ass? Especially if they are indeed repeatable since basically the only way you could get a specific legendary in the Ultra Wormholes was by process of elimination.
I have been saying this sounded like a massive pain in the ass ever since they showed it off the first time, just because its a marathon of raid battles.

The rental aspect and endless mode make it more interesting to me but have fun hunting for legends...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)