Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I said when I saw that and Mike being the front runner for the head coaching position, pretty much guarantees this guy is walking.

I swear the cavs teased the hell outta the raptors tonight, had them feeling good in the first half for a moment and then just hit the savage button much like the warriors did to okc. Someone better fly Dr.Phil to Toronto asap..for Kyle's sake, this is looking tragic. Lol

Last edited:
Hiring Frank Vogel is great for the Magic. They have a good combination, a solid coach and a promising, young squad. This past season was a little disappointing, but they definitely should be much better this upcoming season with Vogel in charge.

Eastern Conference finals are a joke. The huge gap of talent between Cleveland and the rest of the East is laughable. I fully expect Cleveland to sweep Toronto, I don't even see the Raptors winning a game.

Frank Vogel is an amazing hire imo, I was really surprised when The Bird let him go. That guy was able to will a team to a game 7 with the raptors when in all seriousness that pacers team had no business being in the playoffs with just Paul George but Vogel pulled it off..somehow. Things are about to get a little more competitive in Florida for my Heat squad but I'm happy as a basketball fan that the talent of Oladipio and Gordon won't be wasted now.

As for Indiana...idk what the hell they're doing there but if I'm PG, I'd be demanding answers.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eastern Conference finals are a joke. The huge gap of talent between Cleveland and the rest of the East is laughable. I fully expect Cleveland to sweep Toronto, I don't even see the Raptors winning a game.
Well we won one...I hope Kyrie and Wonderbread continue to not make shots so Cleveland can know how it has felt to be Toronto in the post season lol.

I hope Biz doesn't opt out of his contract for next year...although chances are he'd be looking for more pay :( and they shouldn't dish JV either now that he's playing so well (and hopefully getting more minutes). Tough spot to be in, but maybe they could play Biz at PF? I don't actually know how fast Biz is, but that's what I do in 2k...having PP to stretch the floor is nice, but Biz made a hook shot today, he'll be shooting threes in no time, I swear

e: I'm not really knowledgable on these sorts of things, but Vogel was fired for the Pacers' lack of offensive presence, no? Is this something that a swap in coaches can change, or does Bird need to make some major post-season moves, because as far as I was concerned the Pacers were just a poor offensive team in general with Ellis declining and no set secondary scoring option behind PG. I'm just curious, because from my limited knowledge I thought Vogel was really good for the Pacers and helped them become the defensive team they are today

Last edited:
I'm not really knowledgable on these sorts of things, but Vogel was fired for the Pacers' lack of offensive presence, no? Is this something that a swap in coaches can change, or does Bird need to make some major post-season moves, because as far as I was concerned the Pacers were just a poor offensive team in general with Ellis declining and no set secondary scoring option behind PG. I'm just curious, because from my limited knowledge I thought Vogel was really good for the Pacers and helped them become the defensive team they are today
Yes but this was in the past. 3 of the 5 starters that played on the Pacers that were legitimate contenders are gone. 2 of them being defensive beasts(Hibbert and West). Yes they played very good defense with those 2 but this year our defense was laughable sometimes. Especially late-game.

:[ terrible defense, not disciplined. feel like they've comeback so many times before that they overhype themselves instead of making the simple plays. especially with curry, feel like he's forcing things and not letting things come naturally. props to okc rn, crazy athletic team D:

I was pretty anti-OKC when they beat the spurs but this dismantling of the warriors is fun to watch

also fuck draymond green

The problem for the Warriors thus far is OKC's small line-up.

Durant/Ibaka is a long, athletic frontcourt that is capable of handling switches effectively it seems, and is still pretty intimidating at the rim. Considering the Warriors infamous small line-up... while it's lethal as well, it's still relatively small as far as.. shot blocking goes on the other end.

So, what the Thunder have been able to do is space out the Warriors. There are times when Green, the tallest guy on the court, is nowhere in the paint because Durant/Ibaka can shoot threes which makes paint points a cinch. This is actually the Warrior's Achilles heel that hasn't been taken advantage of that much until now. Westbrook/Durant on the run is nearly impossible if everybody is just the same forward height.

Then on the other end, switching with the Warriors and forcing them to play OKC's game of isoball just isn't going to cut it with that length. Adams/Kanter get taken advantage of but once it's Durant/Ibaka, long quick shots are actually what OKC wants. Everybody on OKC seems like they can guard their match-ups one-on-one with this line-up no matter what guy is on any of the five guys. Whether it's Curry on Ibaka or Green on Waiters.

The free-throw disparity is another thing but the Warriors are ranked 23rd overall. When you just shoot jumpers... that's kinda what happens though.

tl;dr Thunder so far have been more dangerous small than Warriors going small.

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol I just watched the replay where dray kicks adams in the biyombos, there's no way it wasn't intentional.

Also that play where lebron flops after his own teammate elbows him in the face is almost as bad as the one where tyson chandler catches him on a screen and he breaks every bone in his body.

gonna leave this here:

lol I just watched the replay where dray kicks adams in the biyombos, there's no way it wasn't intentional.

Also that play where lebron flops after his own teammate elbows him in the face is almost as bad as the one where tyson chandler catches him on a screen and he breaks every bone in his body.

gonna leave this here:
lmao

Dude, I was just replaying that moment with Tyson Chandler recently, as well as JVG's rant on flopping. I still remember watching that series live and thinking to myself "Are you fucking kidding me?" when LeBron started moving around the court acting like he was dying.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
when casey adamantly stuck biyombo on frye around the perimeter in the fourth quarter i was sweatin, holy guacamole

good time for kyle and demar to step up. really interested in seeing whether the raptors will stick with biyombo or if JV is in good enough shape to make an impact in the next game (personally, i feel like they should test the waters, even with biyombo's success so far, since the cavs don't have any amazing interior defenders and thompson's not playing too many minutes, and JV can certainly grab boards as well as biz)

a slew of unlucky calls throughout the game, but then toronto got bailed out by some crucial non-calls near the end, so i guess it evens out (not really though)

You have to stick with biyombo, JV not 100%, although he was active tonight. I think you just have to play JV off the bench, and mayb try to punish Frye/Love in the post to get bench production. Right now, Biyombo and the starting lineup, is all just clicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)