Averagemons - See new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bright side, it has base 5 attack, so it does no damage whatsoever. Wait this is averagemons... We're screwed.
I am one who uses the in-game Triples tiers to spam Choice Scarf Blisseys. Rock Slides are terrifying when backed by Serene Grace and essentially Base 109 Speed. They're doing no damage, but they give free turns to teammates, which becomes really deadly in Triples.

Now I can finally use that set outside of Triples. :P

Chatot is literally terrifying, just to put this into perspective:
[[All Calcs have all base stats set as 100/100/100/100/100/100!!]]
252 SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 285-336 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 190-225 (47 - 55.6%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
Chatot now 2HKOes the two best Special Walls in the tier, throw on a Choice Specs and spam Boomburst, gg.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Chatot is literally terrifying, just to put this into perspective:
[[All Calcs have all base stats set as 100/100/100/100/100/100!!]]
252 SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 285-336 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 190-225 (47 - 55.6%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
Chatot now 2HKOes the two best Special Walls in the tier, throw on a Choice Specs and spam Boomburst, gg.
Um, Eviolite is banned, and Blissey is the same as everyone else. But it easily OHKOs 4/0 pokes after SR (iirc), and almost nothing can kill it in return. Yea, Chatot's pretty good. It also has Chatter. So there's that, too. Otherwise, Exploud would be the better Boomburst spammer: wider movepool, Scrappy, but doesn't get U-Turn.

Um, Eviolite is banned, and Blissey is the same as everyone else. But it easily OHKOs 4/0 pokes after SR (iirc), and almost nothing can kill it in return. Yea, Chatot's pretty good. It also has Chatter. So there's that, too. Otherwise, Exploud would be the better Boomburst spammer: wider movepool, Scrappy, but doesn't get U-Turn.
Ahh, sorry, must have skipped over that!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Comparison, with the most important things in my opinion bolded:

Chatot:
Gets Nasty Plot
Has a STAB 100% Confusion move (2 STABs :o)
Has Recovery in Roost
Can switch out with a choice set using U-turn

Exploud:
Can hit Ghosts
More Diverse Movepool
Isn't weak to SR

Both are excellent choice users, but I would find Exploud more fitting for a choice set. Chatot gets a boosting move and recovery, which are extremely important. Exploud gets really good coverage, which is excellent for a choice set (Scarf Latios is really popular with its decent coverage in OU, so why not Exploud here?) Ultimately though, the choice is yours (Pun intended).

pesky fucker (Chatot) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Boomburst

Chatot's best set IMO

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I used a Specs Exploud early on in the meta, the thing is both of them play quite differently apart from boomburst. While Chatot can U-turn which is good for a choice set, apart from that, it's stabs and Heat Wave, it's movepool is limited, meaning it can pull off a better boosting set, but Exploud can do a better mixed set or even an all out attacking set with Scrappy. Due to Exploud's mono type, it can probably do AV sets better, tanking some hits while hitting decently hard, at this point either ability is preferred.

Chatot has other options, however. It can pull off a defensive set with Chatter and Roost, a pivot set with u-turn, reasonably decent choiced sets (but ultimately exploud is better in this except for voltturn teams), and a boosting set with NP. It goes down to your preferred playstyle, tbh.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I used a Specs Exploud early on in the meta, the thing is both of them play quite differently apart from boomburst. While Chatot can U-turn which is good for a choice set, apart from that, it's stabs and Heat Wave, it's movepool is limited, meaning it can pull off a better boosting set, but Exploud can do a better mixed set or even an all out attacking set with Scrappy. Due to Exploud's mono type, it can probably do AV sets better, tanking some hits while hitting decently hard, at this point either ability is preferred.

Chatot has other options, however. It can pull off a defensive set with Chatter and Roost, a pivot set with u-turn, reasonably decent choiced sets (but ultimately exploud is better in this except for voltturn teams), and a boosting set with NP. It goes down to your preferred playstyle, tbh.
Don't forget, heat wave is illegal with boomburst so it can't even run that as coverage

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Yeah, I noticed that once. Forgot about it. So Heat Wave can only be used with chatter, which wouldn't be that bad except it's a lot less threatening without boomburst, so it's best use would be on support sets, like say U-turn/Roost/Chatter/Heat-Wave

Ninjask is amazing. Not because of its own stats being good, but because speed is so necessary in a new tier where everything is a speed tie. Protect/Sub BP ninjask beats the speed ties, and actually causes whatever it passes to to outspeed everything minus prankster.

Anything with Speed Boost looks good. Literally, anything. Trappers with at least reasonable movepools look better as well.

Most bugs look like they got better due to already having good movepools and abilities:

Volbeat looks much better, and can run an offensive Tail Glow set under this, in addition to his usual Prankster support sets, only now with much better bulk.
Venomoth gets Quiver Dance, Tinted Lens, and a huge movepool. Also has an enormous support movepool usable with Wonder Skin.
Any of the butterflies now with usable bulk to go along with their Sleep Powder/Compound Eyes
Crustle or Shuckle can run Sturdy, Weakness Policy, Shell smash
And finally, a Sticky web user who doesn't suck at that job, since they'll now all have better bulk.

A lot of things look like they'd be better at completely different jobs with a different stat distribution:

Azumarill: With Huge Power banned, can now run Sap Sipper and only has 2 weaknesses. (only one to a common attacking type). Good typing, and access to many support moves (Encore and Perish song come to mind, especially in combination with Whirlpool).
Empoleon: Good typing, Defiant, Swords Dance, good physical movepool including priority.
A lot of random things get moves they wouldn't have been able to use before/were outclassed at using due to stat distributions/poor stats in general, such as Belly Drum.

Ditto looks fun. Not just because of better HP, but also to see the kinds of movesets people come up with.

Dugtrio has a very nice place here. I also like the unpredictability. Any pokemon can play any role, they're just limited by their movepool. Unfortunately, that means that Wobuffet is as predictable as ever.

I have been surprised by things like Nasty Plot Technician Persian, and the fact that Tyranitar isn't the same good attacker it's on Overused. Not to mention that Pursuit is next to useless for all the base 100 HP and defenses. In fact, most if not all the priority is useless if your enemy isn't 4x weak to it.

Whimsicott is surprinsingly good because, you can guess it right, Encore. Since boosting is your only chance for sweeping, Whimsicott has an easy time switching into most attacks (Poison is an even more uncommon attacking type here) and from there Encoring, Leech Seeding and U-turning out. In fact, Prakster users have a field day.

Last edited:
Wait, everyone is talking about Chatot, but why not Swellow?
Swellow @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn
It is literally the better version of Chatot, it has everything Chatot has, but with a more powerful Flying STAB. It also has U-Turn and Boomburst, but with Scrappy. I can see no reason to use Chatot over Swellow unless you want to attempt to try a Nasty Plot Set, but I'm liking Swellow more at the moment!

Chatot's signature move, chatter, does reasonable damand has a 100% confusion rate allowing it to sub up and boost with nasty plot whilst leftovers heal it. This is why I think it's better than swellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)