Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Of course they're not going to announce they're making a third game just as the first two come out:

"Oh yeah, were making an enhanced third version. But still, go buy the original!"
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Complete with everything available until Shaymin, with absolutely nothing not being able to be found, rounded up with a nice dash of Spinda's Cafe, Secret Bazaar, Challenge Missions, Special Episodes, and a whole lot more dungeons!

(not to mention Sky Jukebox)

ok, I know bringing out PMDEoS is a lame example, but this is the most screwed up 3rd version ever. :/

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
They have confirmed that grey is not being made and this series has ended at black and white.
Or that's the word on the grape vine.
That's wrong; they even asked Masuda in an interview if that was true, and his reaction was pretty close to saying "WTF?".

They never said there won't be a Grey game.

That's likely, because xMistyx is pretty smart, I doubt she/he would fall for something like that (especially when Bulbapedia was obviously different)
I seemed to have caused quite a stir. (I was almost insulted by IceBeam however in doing something like this one must be prepared to look like a fool)

Thank-You for clearing it up however.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is it just me, or is Battle Subway way harder than the Battle Tower was? I'm getting destroyed in Round 3 Single with Pokemon that would have gotten to round 5 single in the Battle Tower last gen.

Is it just me, or is Battle Subway way harder than the Battle Tower was? I'm getting destroyed in Round 3 Single with Pokemon that would have gotten to round 5 single in the Battle Tower last gen.
I've noticed this too. I was expecting the fully pre-evolved Pokemon at rounds 1-7, the mid-evolved Pokemon (and a few not-so-good fully evolved Pokemon) at rounds 7-20 and the fully evolved Pokemon at rounds 21 and beyond. I was right on the NFEs being in rounds 1-6, but I didn't expect them to have very good sweeper sets in rounds 7-13. I also didn't see the fully evolved Pokemon coming at round 14 and beyond.

I thought the single subway was really easy. I ran through all of the pokemon with my starmie/chandelure/hydreigon. And they weren't even EV trained or anything. Even the battle subway boss was easy.

But the hard part comes when you go to the super subway. Man that was hard. The same team got me to battle 13 and lost to a Lapras. What can I say, I do have a Lapras weakness being an ingame team and all lol. They lost again in battle 11 to a pokemon I can't remember but yeah. It gets really hard when you don't have perfect pokemon.

I'll give it another go with my breeded pokemon though.

Where is there a good spot for double battles? I'm looking for a spot to get moves onto Smeargle.
There are four double battles every day in Nimbasa's stadiums (two in each), but the levels are fairly high (mid-60s). If you're playing White, you can do a Triple battle in Opelucid's Battle House, which should work basically the same and with lower levels (39s), though you should put Smeargle in the first or third position to avoid getting ganged up on.

I think by far the best feature of the game is the re-usable TMs. I can use moves like Earthquake as much as I'd like now. But it kinda sucks that a lot of the TMs aren't available until post-game (like EQ).

On the other hand, we lost quite a few TMs, notably Focus Punch, Giga Drain (which got a buff in Gen V), Skill Swap, Roost, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, and Sleep Talk. Some have been made egg moves for the Pokemon that used to learn them as TMs, but not all.

I think new TMs are largely underwhelming, We do get Psyshock (over Water Pulse), Flame Charge (over Secret Power), Acrobatics (over Silver Wind), Volt Switch (over Avalanche), and Dragon Tail (over Sleep Talk). But I think the older stuff was largely better.

I guess what really rankles is that to be competitive in 5th Gen you need stuff from 4th Gen, even for Unova Dex only VGC, which means you need two DSes.

On the other hand, we lost quite a few TMs, notably Focus Punch, Giga Drain (which got a buff in Gen V), Skill Swap, Roost, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, and Sleep Talk. Some have been made egg moves for the Pokemon that used to learn them as TMs, but not all.
Chances are we'll get those as tutor moves in the 3rd game's battle frontier.

This will probably be a repeat of many of the things that have already been said, but I figured I'd throw my opinion out there.

I really like how they placed so much emphasis on keeping Team Plasma and Professor Juniper involved in the storyline. Instead of getting your starter and never really hearing from the professor until the end of the game, or seeing Team Rocket every few cities, the loose ends have been tied together very well. Additionally, there's obviously a lot to say for how creative and fun the gyms are in this game. Lastly, unlike in previous versions, significantly less emphasis has been placed on having HM slaves in your party. This is awesome because it prevent us from having to run back and forth from the pc to get the right HM poke. Before the elite four, there are only a couple of places in the game where you absolutely need an HM to keep going forward.

While I like the storyline for the most part, I do really hate the staple rival battle after every gym. It just gets repetitive and pointless because of how weak they are (especially Bianca). This goes in part a little with another complaint that I have. In SS/HG, I felt like the gyms were exponentially harder than they are in this game. Many of them are a complete joke and can be swept by 1-2 pokes.

Coming from HG/SS, the pixilated graphics of your pokemon (but not the opponents) drive me absolutely crazy. It just looks like absolute crap imo. But speaking of crap, I think the majority of 5th gen pokemon are completely unimaginative. They just look too normal....like game freak created most of them in one afternoon.

Regardless, B/W did not let me down as much as it may seem from my post. This is a great game that I'll enjoy for a long time.

I'd love to know what you mean by this.
In the previous generations it just seemed (to me) like most of the pokemon were so creative, imaginative, and just plain cool looking. Now i get the feeling that I do when I just leave the starter town and see the basic rattata/pidgey like pokemon. Except, in this game the majority of the pokemon still have the early game normal type look. I'm sure that many will disagree with me, but it's just how I feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)